Liverpool FC Thread

We trashed blackburn cos they play their defender as a striker and keep their striker on the bench for god knows what for!

We are guilty of not putting away those numerous chances that we got and we are lucky it's against team like blackburn. We need to be more clinical in the opposition penalty box.

Next up - Chealsea!

as much as i am a 'celery' fan, there will be, and forever be kelong in whatever thing in life. that includes football, tennis (which is the best game to kelong 'according' to the mafia'), basketball etcetc.

as much as i am a 'celery' fan, there will be, and forever be kelong in whatever thing in life. that includes football, tennis (which is the best game to kelong 'according' to the mafia'), basketball etcetc.

i agree with you.

HOW TO WIN CHELSEA:

1) Overwhelm Chelsea's midfield
2) Through-balls all the way [C'mon, look at how Bolton threatened Chelsea with strong strikers]
3) Man-marking

How to win Liverpool on CL 2nd leg:

1)Kick Stevie G's groin and claim that you're helping him with his injury.
2)Lock the away team's locker room door and win the match by walk through
3)Plan like what happened to the cricket team who went to Afganisthan,hire terrorist.

I would take the EPL title over the CL anytime at the moment.

19 years is too long a wait.

btw who do you guys think Rafa should buy in the offseason?
I would love to have a striker and Lucas Padoski comes to mind and he's been unhappy at Bayern Munich too. He would be a good piece to the team imo.

Last edited:
oh on point 3) man marking
that worked out pretty well for us :)
horrible game against bolton though, plain crazy to let in 3 in 11 mins

i hope silva gets in the team during off season, that right flank needs some consistency.

reira these few matches quite selfish also, against blackburn he could have crossed/passed the ball for a scoring oppor but he took a damn lousy shot.

oh yea another holding midfielder, lucas is not a defensive midfielder imo.

Like that can set up Spanish National side already.Rafa become National Coach.lol

Silva and Villa are very talented players.If they do come to Pool then others team have to be more defensive I have to admit.

I would love to have a striker and Lucas Padoski comes to mind and he's been unhappy at Bayern Munich too. He would be a good piece to the team imo.

To tell you the truth even though im not a pool fan.Podolski isnt fit enough for the Premier League.Remember Voronin?Expect the same from Podolski.

To tell you the truth even though im not a pool fan.Podolski isnt fit enough for the Premier League.Remember Voronin?Expect the same from Podolski.

i think so too , podolski doesn't look cut out for premier league . don't need to be a pool fan to know :D

alot of great players has failed in epl too , morientes , veron , shevchenko , forlan. but damn they do great in their respective leagues .

Last edited:
Liverpool need to get another defensive midfielder that can cover mascherano's role when he's unavailable. Who that would be I wouldnt know lol. But mascherano's position is vital in Liverpool's play as the defenders have become too dependant on him, imo. Maybe a quicker central defender would be good as well. For the attacking department, a supporting attacking midfielder/forward who can run defences down and is unselfish. Only 2 players come to mind so far is Gerrard and Tevez. Villa is definately a great player, but bringing him into the setup might not work imo because having too many goal hungry players might kill the teamwork. As for the upcoming match, lets put our faith in Liverpool and hope for a positive outcome, a miracle is not needed as anything is possible still =D

will the tevez and macherano reunion happen!? doubt so, rivals clubs usually don't sell players to each other.

ferguson still prefers berbatov over tevez , i really wonder why.

i know too many goal hungry players will spoil the team work, but liverpool has goal hungry players who can't score and villa is a goal hungry player who can score hahah (sad but true, we relying alot on torres , imagine a match without him )

anyways, all the best for pool!

Last edited:
We need Silva on the right! :D

No, not that German boy. I don't like him. :/

I agree we need cover for Mascherano. But then, he's the best in his position, so it's quite impossible to find someone who can be as good as him. :(

AND WE MUST NOT SELL DANIEL AGGER. I WILL KILL RAFA IF HE DOES.

For me I think we need a RB, CB and wide man that can make a decent cross into the box.
Agger is no doubt better than Skertel, it's just that his defending is too ... relak! :mrgreen:

Silva will be a great option on the right.

Hmm...not sure why a few of ya felt that Podolski will not fit the EPL, that lad is strong for his size, speedy and has a ferocious left foot to boot. He has always perform on the big stage and had a pretty good euro 08. He's under appreciated in Bayern Munich as Kilnsman preferred Klose and Toni over him.

It's no conincidence that Liverpool falters when Torres is injured and we'll really need a good striker to partner or back him up since Keane is gone and David Ngog and Dirk are not the answer to the void.

Back