Liverpool FC Thread

my goodness. they lost to west ham this morning! -_-

damn it man. as much as i love liverpool.
i seriously think rafa should go. im utterly disappointed. :(

Agree, Rafa should go. Rotation policy is not working. Week in and week out different players are on the pitch. Players find it difficult to gel with one another when players keep changing...

keep rafa - we want pool just where they are now...

all my pool kakis SO QUIET today ..hahahahahaaaa

Fans plan buyout of Liverpool football club

AFP - Thursday, January 31 LIVERPOOL (AFP) - - A group of Liverpool supporters are trying to succeed where the financial might of Dubai International Capital (DIC) has so far failed and buy their beloved club from its American owners.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett may have, for the time being at least, seen off the threat to their Anfield reign from DIC, an international investment company, and recently completed a 350 million pounds re-financing deal that left Liverpool with interest payments of some 30 million pounds per year.
Manager Rafael Benitez has been promised the arrangements won't affect his ability to sign new players at the end of the current season but financially, as well as in footballing terms, much depends upon Liverpool's ability to keep playing in the lucrative European Champions League.
A 1-0 domestic defeat away to West Ham on Wednesday left Liverpool seventh in a Premier League where only the top four at the end of the season qualify for European football's most prestigious club competition.
To make matters worse for Liverpool fans it is their city rivals Everton who currently occupy the all-important fourth position in the table.
But, regardless of the club's on-field form, the boardroom set-up at Anfield remains a concern for a new organisation called 'Share Liverpool FC' which has now announced plans for a supporters co-operative to buy the club.
The plan is to produce a members-share scheme similar to the one already in existence at Spanish giants Barcelona, effectively owned by its fans, and raise 500 million pounds to buy the club and build a new stadium in Stanley Park, close to Liverpool's existing Anfield home ground.
Rogan Taylor, one of the figures behind 'Share Liverpool FC' and a lifelong fan of the north-west club, said: "The time is right to offer a different solution to the rising concerns that football fans have about the patterns of ownership developing at our major football clubs.
"Thousands of Liverpool fans have already demonstrated their dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs.
"Large amounts of debt often devolves onto clubs newly purchased, but the fans know that, in the end, it will be they themselves who will have to pay it off through increased ticket prices and other schemes.
"In such a case, why not simply buy the club yourselves?," Taylor, director of the football industry group at Liverpool University, asked.
"What many don't realise is that there are other ways of financing and taking ownership of big clubs. In Germany and Spain, most top level football clubs are simply not for sale.
"They are owned by many thousands of 'member fans'," Taylor explained. "The Champions League has been won on six occasions in the last 15 years by clubs owned and run in such a way."

if people seriously think that rotation is the problem then maybe they don't understand football

it is clear that the fans want the yanks out and rafa to stay. the current owners have as much credibility as george bush, and seem to love speaking to the media, sports illustrated in particular. typical action bedek americans

Thursday, January 31, 2008
Reds agree terms on Mascherano permanent deal

Liverpool have moved to deny reports that they have sealed a permanent deal for midfielder Javier Mascherano. But, it is understood that terms have been agreed on a four-year deal, which is expected to be ratified next week. The deal is expected to come into force in June, when the loan deal for the player expires. Liverpool do not have to pay for the Argentinian player immediately because the Anfield club already hold his registration. It had been claimed this evening that the Reds had agreed to pay £18.6million for the Argentina international who has been on loan at Anfield for a year. But a statement on the club's website insisted: 'Contrary to reports elsewhere, the deal to complete Javier Mascherano's permanent move to Liverpool has yet to be finalised.'

AN OPEN LETTER FROM MOMO SISSOKO
Momo Sissoko 01 February 2008
280607_momo_sign_120_1.jpg

After completing his move from Liverpool to Juventus Momo Sissoko has taken time out to send this heart-felt message to Reds fans all over the world.

Dear Liverpool fans,

As soon as I arrived in Liverpool I realised how much this team meant.

Now, after two and a half years I have to say goodbye and I can't hide the great sorrow I feel in leaving one of the best clubs in Europe.

Liverpool FC as a club, its fans, its coaches and my team-mates have together helped me to become a better player and, above all, a better person.

Liverpool FC is one of the greatest. The Liverpool fans never desert their team.

Even in the worst moments you have a strong sense that the fans are with you, supporting you as much as they can, never giving up, those fans make Liverpool even stronger. I really want to thank them for helping me to feel and to understand what football means in its purest form.

I also think Liverpool FC functions this way because of its leaders; Rafael Benitez works from dawn to dusk, and the players know they must fight for the red shirt in every second of every match.

Now I am beginning a new adventure in another big European Club in Juventus. They have also now put their faith in me.

I shall play to my best in every single match, I shall fight hard for my new shirt to the end, but when every match is finished, I know what I'll do first - I shall ask about the results of Liverpool FC.

Everybody knows the legend "You'll Never Walk Alone" and I shall never ever forget the experience and the team.

I want to thank everyone for the opportunity and wish everyone all the best for the future.

With my best regards,
Mohammed Sissoko

if people seriously think that rotation is the problem then maybe they don't understand football

it is clear that the fans want the yanks out and rafa to stay. the current owners have as much credibility as george bush, and seem to love speaking to the media, sports illustrated in particular. typical action bedek americans

Funny , read the Straits Times in the sports section today, 2nd february 2008, Steve Mcmahon also thought that the rotation policy is killing their consistency. Sure he doesnt know anything about soccer....
icon10.gif

Oh do the Gary Neville,
Oh do the Gary Neville,
"You put your elbow in"
"You put your elbow out"
"In, Out, In, Out"
"You Knock A Scouser Out!"
You Do the Gary Neville,
And you kiss the badge,
Thats what it's all about!!

torres is out despite himself and aragones playing down the injury.

but funny how when they went on the winless streak all kinds of shit stories surfaced, and when they went back to winning ways all was forgotten. as benitez said, "we are talking about football again"

The media's like that, when you're losing the world hates you, when you're winning the world loves you.

the liverpool fans should NOT buy over the club, even though if I had a spare 5000 pounds lying around, I totally would.

Back