Liverpool FC Thread

It is also a known fact that with quality players and $$$ to spend, we struggle to beat small clubs! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

It's a known fact that money spent does not equate to points gained.
True but it all depends on the manager and his tactics and his approach towards the game.

Look at Chelsea, under Ranieri they spend a huge sums on transfer but because he likes to tweak so much and worry about his players feelings, he kena the boot :mrgreen:.

Look at fergie, he don't gives a damn about his players well being/feelings. All he cares about is 3 points! That's why he got so many injured players BUT he got confidence in his youth. That's why they are at the top of the table!

channie: now that you've mentioned it, they kinda look alike.

Emiliano_Insua868157.jpg
CarlosTevez_625149.jpg

nice spot channie.

SAME MOTHER DIFFIRENT FATHER MAYBE? :):mrgreen:

busted sak fgl.. but if thats the case, it should be same father, different mother.

because it is usually the case that the offspring would look much closer to their fathers than their mothers. got it off some millenium baby documentary..

True but it all depends on the manager and his tactics and his approach towards the game.

Look at Chelsea, under Ranieri they spend a huge sums on transfer but because he likes to tweak so much and worry about his players feelings, he kena the boot :mrgreen:.

Look at fergie, he don't gives a damn about his players well being/feelings. All he cares about is 3 points! That's why he got so many injured players BUT he got confidence in his youth. That's why they are at the top of the table!

I don't know, why you comparing Rafa and Raneiri. People bag Rafa out for dropping Keane, and rotation, I don't see how this = worrying about players feelings. Plus, good communication = good morale anyway. Rotation is to ensure everyone is fit enough. Ferguson? Man utd has spent tons of money, more than what Liverpool have, comparing the years.

Again, do note the Liverpool squad is a squad newly built up by a new manager. Rafa has been at the club for like.. 4 years? Look at Arsenal, or Man utd. Rafa was always at a loss when he joined Liverpool, the amount of players at Man utd, Arsenal and their managers respectively have already broken into the club's daily habit and is part of the club. They have the confidence and the trust of the club's owners to do whatever they please. I know Liverpool fans are all impatient for the title to return, hey, I'm a fan, of course I want Liverpool to win. But you have to look at the circumstances sometimes, as a true fan, you'll have to accept and look back, not criticize every little mistake which you think caused them to lose the match. The ball is round, anything can happen in football. ;)

Best of luck to Liverpool!

busted sak fgl.. but if thats the case, it should be same father, different mother.

because it is usually the case that the offspring would look much closer to their fathers than their mothers. got it off some millenium baby documentary..

diffirent surname dude ...so same mother diffirent father

diffirent surname dude ...so same mother diffirent father

but.. one of them can renounce the fathers' name(as in the family name), right? there are many cases like that in the world.

why are we debating, for all we know, they're not even remotely related.

I don't know, why you comparing Rafa and Raneiri. People bag Rafa out for dropping Keane, and rotation, I don't see how this = worrying about players feelings. Plus, good communication = good morale anyway. Rotation is to ensure everyone is fit enough. Ferguson? Man utd has spent tons of money, more than what Liverpool have, comparing the years.

Again, do note the Liverpool squad is a squad newly built up by a new manager. Rafa has been at the club for like.. 4 years? Look at Arsenal, or Man utd. Rafa was always at a loss when he joined Liverpool, the amount of players at Man utd, Arsenal and their managers respectively have already broken into the club's daily habit and is part of the club. They have the confidence and the trust of the club's owners to do whatever they please. I know Liverpool fans are all impatient for the title to return, hey, I'm a fan, of course I want Liverpool to win. But you have to look at the circumstances sometimes, as a true fan, you'll have to accept and look back, not criticize every little mistake which you think caused them to lose the match. The ball is round, anything can happen in football. ;)

Best of luck to Liverpool!

4 years is a long time in football esp since lfc has been sleeping in the league for almost 20 years!!

I believe that we have been complacent just because we are "england most successful club" that's why we accept mediocre signing & mediocre performance BUT this will change when lfc fans start to realise that man utd will be surpassing us in no time!!

Just thinking about it made me realise that when fergie took over the job at man utd, we were way ahead of them or anybody else but now, we are just 1 league champ ahead of man utd!!

Wenger won the title in his 2nd season with the club ie new squad new manager. Heck he even won them the fa cup that season :mrgreen:. Wenger only failure is his failed attempt to win the CL for the gunners :mrgreen:!!

I would sacrifice the fa cup/league cup/CL just to have a real shot at the title!!! What Rafa is doing, with his rotation, is to make sure that we got as far as we can in all competition!

Do remember that when we won the CL in 04/05, we were knocked out of the fa cup in the early round (3rd round) and finish 5th in the league! ie less games for the team and less rotation by Rafa.

Oh btw I'm not comparing Rafa against Raneiri, just stating the fact that $$ alone can't buy you points just like Raneiri (and soon Mark Hughes) realise :mrgreen:.

Lolz man...........i gotta admit.........we suck BAD. We ABSOLUTELY HAVE to beat Chelski at Anfield nxt wk, even a draw is not good enough. We will be 5 pts behind Man Utd even so. Shit, i never felt so frustrated or demoralized with Liverpool before, not even last season when they finished 4th. I think i now know why it takes more than talent to win titles ( Arsenal are a case in point haha ).

If this is a bad period of the season for Liverpool, I can't ask for a better slump. Till now only 1 loss? :)

But it's sad to watch though, but well, it's till a few months away to the title, anything can happen. :)

If a win is 2 points and a draw is 1 point (like in the old days) than I don't think a draw is a bad thing BUT just look at the table of the top 4 teams atm - Man U D5 L2 P50, Chelsea D6 L3 P48, Liverpool D9 L1 P48, Villa D5 L4 P47.

We have 1 lost but still are behind teams that have 2 & 3 losses respectively and are ahead just by a single point from a team with 4 loses.

Even Carra and Gerrard knows that the main reason we are not in contention for the title last season and even the season before that was because of too many draws!

Just a simple calculation for those who needs it :mrgreen: - 3 matches.
Team A - 0 win 0 loss 3 draws 3 points.
Team B - 1 win 1 loss 1 draw 4 points.
Team C - 1 win 2 loss 0 draw will earn you 3 points.

Standings:
Team B
Team C
Team A

So there you have it simple calculation to shows that too many draw, even with 0 losses, can really make you a loser :mrgreen:.

Hope comes Feb, we will have a good fortune ... start with the game against Chelsea :twisted:

Hey man, I know :mrgreen:

But then comparing just without calculations, a point gained is better than none, but 2 points loss is a big big blow. :(

All the best to the team! Hope they sort out the off field matters quickly.

Back