Liverpool FC Thread

Hahahahaha.

The season can't be won in Jan, but the title can be lost. Keep on it, and we'll see results at
the end. :D

Would like to wish every team the best of luck, without such stiff competition, the BPL wouldn't be the best league in the world.

Absolutely right bro. And without fans like us who keep bashing each other, we wldn't have so much fun. Keep the funny comments coming guys, but keep them decent plz. Time to go over and 'bless' Man U's thread with my presence. Cheerz!

haha

Moves to sell Liverpool to one of Kuwait's richest families have been prompted by the need of the club's American owners to find a buyer by July.
Click here

That is when the £350m loans owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have from when they bought the club two years ago must be refinanced.

They have been actively searching for a new owner for months, but it is understood have been made aware that the Royal Bank of Scotland will not refinance the original loan in the summer.

That loan was extended for six months at the beginning of the year, but a source close to the deal said: ``Hicks has been told time is running out, the clock is ticking.''

It has emerged that Hicks sanctioned talks this week with the Al-Kharafi family, initially over funding for the club's new stadium but then for a possible £500m takeover.

The Al-Kharafi family's wealth is estimated at £8bn.

The family are led by two brothers, Nasser and Jassem, but the planned purchase of Liverpool is likely to be a project overseen by one of their sons.

The family made their fortune from a variety of enterprises, including construction, banking, engineering, telecommunications and fast food.

Source : soccernet

boo to tom hicks and george gillett!! amerikan infidels!

Plz sell u friggin' Amercians.............go back to ur baseball and golf. We dun nd u to help us screw up Rafa's contract and throw the club into turmoil. Thx for Torres and Keane. Cya!

Well the americans buy liverpool NOT because they love the club or they love the game BUT because of $$ :cool:.

This whole saga can be diverted IF only David Moores sell Liverpool to the DIC instead of the american owner.

We should also thanked the american cos Rafa was given a substantial transfer fees when the americans took over, but he only manage to bring a couple of quality signings :mrgreen:.

Although I'm not sure if we could blame Rafa for the flops or Rick Parry?! :confused:

Well the americans buy liverpool NOT because they love the club or they love the game BUT because of $$ :cool:.

This whole saga can be diverted IF only David Moores sell Liverpool to the DIC instead of the american owner.

We should also thanked the american cos Rafa was given a substantial transfer fees when the americans took over, but he only manage to bring a couple of quality signings :mrgreen:.

Although I'm not sure if we could blame Rafa for the flops or Rick Parry?! :confused:

The Americans always do things because of $$$. See what happens to their economy now. Plain and Simple, GREED

hahahhahahah

but the truth is everybody want to buy over a club to make money, don't think its about greed. its like running a business , as much as passion u have , but no money how to survive?

for hicks and gillet i think its more of stupidity HAHA

yea! down with the amerikano infidels!

e.gs of clubs whom their bosses had given enuff money

-man city
-chelsea

Last edited:
substantial != enough.

There is no such thing as enough $$ in the world of football.
Man City can spend a billion on transfer fees and still can be considered not enough if they win nothing :mrgreen:.

Even Chelsea spending is not "enough" to win them the CL :twisted:.

Sometimes lfc fans tends to blame the american owner for our faults BUT praise rafa for where we are now on the table :rolleyes:

Like them or hate them, with them as the owner, we manage to spend $$ on players like Torres, Mach, Alonso, Keane, Crouch & keep star player Gerrard at Liverpool. Cos there is no way David Moores have the dough to spend $20 million on a single player let alone bringing top player, every season to the club. Unless ofcos if lfc fans sees the likes of Diouf, Heskey, Cheyrou as star players :mrgreen:

you have a point there, but the thing is we never had so much money like them to try.

well , at least i didn't blame rafa(infact he is the only manager who had been giving us some trophies ever since the evans period).

The other thing is those amerikanos are in debt, if they can't clear it, RBS(royal bank of scotland) will be taking over the club and managing the finance. ( repossession in a way? ) i dunno man.

so they are forced to sell it in anyway hahahahahah!!

Last edited:
Houllier did win us trophies as well ;).

That's why I say we can't keep blaming the americans for every 'fault' with lfc. Bottom line is - they are in it to make a profit. Who should we blame? I would blame those people (out of respect for David Moores, I will refrain from using the word morons :mrgreen:) who sell lfc to those americans.

Anyway I really hope no moronic lfc fans will jeopardize this deal and try to set up a consortium to "buy" the club, cos all they do is talk talk talk :rolleyes:. They offer ridiculous price but no $$ to actually buy the club :mad: thus pushing the "value" of the club higher!!

For one moment , i forgot how houllier looked like ahhaha.

But still, hicks and gillet are morons , they can't handle their own finance.

and yes . no more lfc fans trying to buy over liverpool, i think its ridiculous.

gong hei fatt choy pudians.

chinese new year liverpool wear red draw with everton sian!

i think hibbert, pienaar and tim howard performed really well against us(especially the one where he saved dossenas screamer)

torres did fairly well too , providing for gerrard.

Last edited:
Happy CNY ppl :eek:.
A good game but once again ...

We need a wide player that can deliver a good cross. Heck forget that, we need any player that can deliver a good cross :mrgreen:

Back