Liverpool FC Thread

every team has a poor spell - I think pool's poor spell coming up right about now ....

after what i've seen in liverpool match against stoke,
i'm baffled that rafa can't see that liverpool played way below-par.
he was sitting at the director's box btw.
he should be able to see everything.

IMHO it's nothing new with rafa.

If a team are really going for the championship than I think the manager would have put all of his strikers in the last 10 mins to get a win - just like fergie always does. Heck he even push his tall defenders forwards just to make the opposition players unsettle!! :mrgreen:

Haiz, poor showing by Pool. 4-5-1 doesn't work, especially with Kuyt upfront. He can't score...period. There's no meat and creativity in Pool's midfield without Alonso, and honestly, Lucas is not good enough playing against robust teams like Stoke. Why Rafa didn't put Gerrard in central midfield, and Keane and/or Torres upfront?

MAN UTD 3 CHELSEA 0.

yeah! watch out, liverpool.

No worries. Liverpool will beat ManUre at Old Toilet. :D

Why Rafa didn't put Gerrard in central midfield, and Keane and/or Torres upfront?

My thoughts are the same! Lucas struggle to make a decent pass forward and was surprised that Rafa decide to let Lucas play for the whole 90 mins!

Was expecting Lucas to give way to Robbie and for Gerrard to be pull back in mid to make some killer pass but ... that's not the case.

The thing with Rafa is that if a striker struggle upfront, it seems that he would let him play week in week out but if he start to score goals, the player will be "rested :mrgreen: -> Robbie and Crouch :rolleyes:

Rafa's starting to rotate again............when will he stop getting itchy fingers? Dammit we were ahead bcos he stopped that. Now? Screw this. I dun bemoan him, he's done a great job so far but he HAS to stop being taken in by Fergie's mind games and stop tinkering with the damn lineup bcos he already has a winning formula.

Oh? Arsene's never had a major op b4, at least i can't remember but he always seems to talk rubbish. Care to enlighten? Haha!

Liverpool were a tad unlucky with the rebounds off the post in the last ten minutes. :/

But their display was atrocious. Lucas seriously needs to re-think his game approach and where in the world was Keane or Torres when they are goddamn fit? Okay, maybe except Torres. I understand Alonso couldn't play because of his injury, but Keane?

Kuyt sucks as a lone striker, period! Keane can do a much better job. Kuyt should either retain his right winger position or not play at all and have Babel at the right. Argh.

Last edited:
Has Rafa lost his mind slapting nonsense into the press?

United didnt even provoke him for the love of god.

Has Rafa lost his mind splating nonsense into the press?

United didnt even provoke him for the love of god.

And here people whine about the rotation when things go according to plan, seriously, it's not up to us to find the faults, it's up to the manager, and I'm one to think that rotation works wonders over a long period of time.

What Rafa said about Fergie is actually very true, and I think it's been on everyone's mind, only Rafa had the guts to spill it out for the league.

watch out liverpool, the devils are catching up MUAHAHA:twisted:

I think you should watch your own 2 feet, don't trip, it'll be painful to watch.

Wylde: Rafa no sense? Please re-check your statement, I'm sure what he said was on everybody's mind, specially Wenger, who always squabbles with Ferguson.

Wylde: Rafa no sense? Please re-check your statement, I'm sure what he said was on everybody's mind, specially Wenger, who always squabbles with Ferguson.

haha..dont compare rafa to Wenger or Ferguson..both are very experienced managers with medals,trophies and they have met eye to eye and have respect for each other
win something 1st liverpool and then talk.
and pls don`t talk about the old liverpool which won this and that....
talk about now brother..what have you guys earned??
nothing...liverpool may be in the top but a slipup is coming if not careful.
but if you guys can get the titles this year..kudos....

Haha.. You want to compare achievements? What would you define ' old liverpool ', how about ' old arsenal '? Have the new arsenal won anything this past season? Don't talk when your team can't even play properly on the field, same kind of analogy.

I would like to remind you that Liverpool is currently the top team in Europe, winning the champions league, going to the finals, going to the semi finals. Winning the FA cup.

Don't doubt Rafa's credentials. They cannot be compared because of the time gap. You tell me not to talk about old liverpool, yet you're going on about Ferguson and Wenger's past achievements, seems pretty contradictory. How can you compare when Rafa was in liverpool for like what, a few years? Has Ferguson or Wenger brought a team to champions league success in their 1st/2nd term in charge? No, from what I saw it was a team of mediocrity.

PS: You wish Arsenal could be in a position to slip up this season, oh yes, I went there.

lol..at least Arsenal play much better football then liverpool...do a poll pls..even a non gunner fan will say that..
liverpool has changed more managers then Arsenal??why??
all their managers were not good enough..
don`t talk about the champions league success.ive heard that so many times and its quite annoying...win the BPL this year then talk....

PS:you hope and wish that liverpool will not slip up this season.......guess what....liverpool will slip up this season..how do i know it..hmm..i just know...

cheers!

Latest posts

Back