Liverpool FC Thread

bro fgl
somehow i knew in my heart that was the best memory you had of 'Pool
thomas later went to 'Pool...that part i don understand..

yeah man..neither do I ...I guess pool had to have the guy who destroyed their title dreams in the epic clash at anfield

what dah ...pool game last ngt kene power failure the transmissionn got cut...

1st not enuff cash for stadium aammenities.

2nd not enuff cash for new players & MUST WORK WITH CURRENT SQUAD

3RD Rafa mite be given the AXE

NOW THEY DONT HAVE ENUFF $$$ TO PAY FOR POWER BILL AT ANFIELD, TV CAMERAS KENA CUT A????? :)

what dah ...pool game last ngt kene power failure the transmissionn got cut...

1st not enuff cash for stadium aammenities.

2nd not enuff cash for new players & MUST WORK WITH CURRENT SQUAD

3RD Rafa mite be given the AXE

NOW THEY DONT HAVE ENUFF $$$ TO PAY FOR POWER BILL AT ANFIELD, TV CAMERAS KENA CUT A????? :)

hahahahahahahaha. wtf.

sad la i see this thread falling down.what happen to pool fans?pool fans should support this thread la beb.must show pride about the club you support.

this season it would be gre8 to finish top 4.. next season we shalt go out and kickbutt :lol:

liverpool performance in domestic league not very impressive..

but when they set foot on European soil, that is where their menace comes into play.

turkish league la.didnt even make to UEFA Cup.hard luck.i think liverpool gotta trim their squad if they want to win something.too much players imo.

too much players is okay.. too much crappy players is another thing..

I don't really like Kuyt. He doesn't complements Torres well.

Or switch Kuyt and Torres position cuz Torres can dribble and has good control of the ball.

Kuyt on the other hand is more like a KIO SAI king & his run is not particularly fantastic. He is always running into the defenders.

My best bet for the domestic league is a 4-4-1-1 with Torres playing behind Kuyt instead of the opposite.

Somemore Mascherano deal not confirmed yet.. I am a little worried for the midfield maestro..

kuyt sucks la in every way.mascherano is not that good too anyway.he is too average.the player that has gotta go is hyypia.and reina is too cocky.but they can do well if rafa picks his team properly and not rotating them every match.players lose confidence playing by his system.

Without Mascherano, who is gonna do the dirty job of hacking players down and deterring their attack?? Kewell?? Riise?? Gerrard?? Benayoun?? Voronin?? Alonso??

He has been effective in targetting main players from other teams and stopping them from making their moves, which is what we need in a team.

lucky man utd got 2 of these players.+ they are world-class.carrick and hargreaves that is.but alonso does an equal job to mascherano.but hyypia gotta go.

Hyypia is old but he contributed alot to the team, during the times of Owen, Smicer, Murphy, Hamann etc.

Now he has grown old and he needs to move on le.. I am awaiting Agger's return..

Hyppia shud stay to be a sub in case any1 of his colleagues gets injured or anything. He might not have the speed n others but he has the experience to make it up for him. Mascherano is doing very well i agree with neuro.

tbramble-412.jpg

Liverpool 1-1 WiganPA

Liverpool's slim title hopes were all-but extinguished after they were held to a 1-1 draw by struggling Wigan at Anfield.

GettyImages
Fernando Torres beats Paul Scharner to the ball, but Wigan had the last laugh.

The draw, coupled with Manchester City's win at Newcastle, dropped Rafael Benitez's side to fifth in the Barclays Premier League and left them trailing leaders Arsenal by 12 points with a match in hand.

Striker Fernando Torres had put the home side ahead in the 49th minute but they could not find the important second goal and Titus Bramble smashed in an 80th-minute equaliser.

Wigan boss Steve Bruce has long had the Indian sign over Benitez and now he has managed to frustrate the Liverpool boss twice in the same season at Anfield with different clubs.

Bruce never lost a league match to Benitez while he was at former club Birmingham and earlier this season he engineered a draw for Blues at Anfield and he achieved a similar result on his return.

• Rafa laments more dropped points

Winger Jermaine Pennant made his Liverpool comeback after being out since October with a fractured right leg, while Yossi Benayoun and Dirk Kuyt were rested to the bench, with Xabi Alonso also returning.

Wigan made one change from the side that lost at home to Aston Villa last time out, former Liverpool striker Emile Heskey returned from injury with Antoine Sibierski dropping to the bench.

The visitors' game plan was pretty obvious, putting every one behind the ball in their own half when Liverpool had possession, which was almost continuously in the opening period.

Heskey and Marcus Bent were quick to break and after spinning the ball around between themselves for long spells it was the loss of possession by the hosts, and a ball up to the big England striker, that forced Jose Reina into a swift run to the edge of the box to punch hurriedly away.

Liverpool were painfully slow in their build-up and the nearest they got in the opening stages was when Torres was judged fractionally offside when he got away to beat Chris Kirkland after 13 minutes.

Wigan were quick to make use of set-pieces and when a corner was not cleared Michael Brown lashed as 20-yard shot just wide of a post.

Kirkland saved well after 21 minutes when Javier Mascherano exchanged passes with Torres before rolling in a low shot.

From then on until the break it was Liverpool who were frustrated as they searched for openings, with Torres lifting a pass into the box only for Gerrard's snap-shot to be held by Kirkland.

Crosses from Pennant, Steve Finnan and Steven Gerrard all caused problems but without any end product.

Torres then saw a flicked header just clear the crossbar after a 25-yard Alonso free-kick, before the Spain striker set up Gerrard for a right-foot shot which he pulled wide of the far post.

The breakthrough for Liverpool came soon after the break when Finnan committed himself to attack to disrupt Wigan's back-line.

After 49 minutes he found Gerrard on the right and kept running for the return, which arrived perfectly for him to cross first-time to allow Torres to tuck the ball inside Kirkland's left-hand post.

Paul Scharner was booked after 58 minutes for a foul on Mascherano and when Gerrard fired in a fierce free-kick Kirkland spilled it and the Argentinian almost got on the end of the slip.

Scharner's late intervention stopped Torres adding another after a clever flick, before Kirkland saved well to his left from a Gerrard drive.

Liverpool needed the cushion of a second goal and Torres' cross-field ball presented Harry Kewell with a chance but he blasted inches over from 30 yards.

It was the Australian's last involvement as he was replaced by Benayoun after 73 minutes.

Mascherano was booked for a foul on Bent as Wigan broke quickly from defence and before the free-kick Wigan sent on Jason Koumas for Ryan Taylor.

But when the set-piece was lifted into the box Gerrard failed to get the ball away properly and when it fell to defender Bramble he lashed a shot past Reina for his second goal in as many matches.

Gerrard tried to make amends, firing a low shot at Kirkland that was pushed out with the Liverpool captain just failing to reach the rebound.

Liverpool sent on Peter Crouch and Dirk Kuyt for Mascherano and Pennant but they could not force a winner.

• Rafa laments more dropped points

Rafael Benitez admitted the gap between Liverpool and Barclays Premier League leaders Arsenal is getting 'bigger' all the time after witnessing his side throw away victory against battling Wigan at Anfield.

Liverpool were 1-0 ahead thanks to a Fernando Torres goal when they were hit by a late Titus Bramble equaliser.

The point took Wigan out of the bottom three, but virtually ended Liverpool's fading hopes of making a serious challenge for the title.

Manchester City's 2-0 win at Newcastle also saw them jump above Liverpool back into fourth spot on a bitterly cold and disappointing night for the Anfield chief.

He said: 'It is really disappointing, it's a another game when we had plenty of possession but needed a little luck too.

'We created chances, but we needed to take them. Wigan defended and used the long ball, it got them their goal, I am really disappointed.

'It is clear that the gap for us now at the top is bigger, but I keep saying we must concentrate on one game and not look at the table and make ourselves nervous.

'If you keep thinking about the points difference you will play with more pressure. We must create chances, score goals and then wait to see what the situation is.

'It is always more difficult playing catch-up, but especially when you know you are creating chances but you cannot score the second goal to kill the game.'

For Wigan boss Steve Bruce it was another crucial point as he tries to haul his new club away from the drop.

Bruce has never lost a league match to Benitez, and has now seen his former club Birmingham and his new club Wigan achieve draws at Anfield this season.

He said: 'The discipline of the team was spot-on, the game plan worked well but all credit to the players because they have belief and confidence back, which was good to see.

'I knew the job was going to be hard when I took over, we were only two points ahead of Derby, so you have to bring some belief in and make them feel they can get out of it.

'But when you come to Liverpool you need something about you and show you are not going to be frightened, and they did just that.

'You must enjoy the occasions because these are the nights you remember playing against the big teams. It is Wigan's first point against the big four clubs, so that is very enjoyable.

'When they scored we had to hang in there, it couldn't have come at a worse time, but the longer the game went on the more comfortable we were.

'If we keep producing like that, who knows how far we can go. Since I took over we have played five of the top 10 teams, and we have amassed a few points to get ourselves out of the relegation zone.

'Six weeks ago I thought we were in danger of becoming marooned if we had not started to pick up results, we were just two points ahead of Derby. But we have not forced ourselves out of the bottom three, and we intend to stay out.

'I just need to be smiling in three months time like I am now. We are on target to be where I want, we must not be left behind.

'If we can bring in three or four new faces, and I know the chairman will back me, we will have some strength in depth.

Back