Liverpool FC Thread

Through out the match Lucas only made short passes, he never even tries to swing in a cross or take a shot from range.. Tbh he's useless... Sigh

Benitez has lost it, we have a 17m pound player in Aquilani and all Benitez does is keep him on the bench. At least throw him in for the last 20mins when we were attacking instead of having 2 defensive midfielders. Sigh, i have a feeling Aquilani will turn out to be another Robbie Keane, and Benitez will come up with some excuses again

1st half is just like what liverpool are all about this season - playing to keep hold of the ball and nothing more.

rafa's fav 4-2-3-1 formation is not working with the players we got but still, he stick with that formation. still don't understand why gerrard are playing too far upfront when our mid just lack the creativity that gerrard can certainly provide.

the team needs new ideas either provided by new players or new coach. the owner need to do something about this - either gives rafa more $$ so he can buy couple more flop players or use that $$ to pay rafa to leave liverpool.

The match tonight vs Arsenal

On more than one occasion this season we've made it very hard for ourselves and now we're in a bit of a mess! But today we get another chance to move a little closer to the top, after yesterday's results went very much in our favour. Now it's time to capitalize! Our league record against Arsenal isn't exactly great, with most games finishing 1-1. And we haven't exactly been in great form either and yet we absolutely have to win this game today! No excuses!

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Aurelio, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Gerrard, Benayoun, Torres. Subs: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Insua, Ngog, Degen, Skrtel, Dossena.

Line-up:

Reina

Johnson - Carragher - Agger - Aurelio

Lucas - Mascherano

Kuyt - Gerrard - Benayoun

Torres

Good, strong line-up. A little disappointed to see Aquilani back on the bench but I guess that was to be expected.. Good to see Insua being given a rest and Aurelio at left back instead! Nice to have Torres back aswell!

I thought we played fantastic in the first half, wave after wave we hit them in the right spots. Our passing were sublime. Torres is officially back in business which is fantastic for us. His fitness isnt 100% though but good enough. Good game but perhaps we were a tad tired in the 2nd half. 3 points lost but we're improving.

yup, Liverpool played well and improving. I'm confident they'll give Arsenal a run for their money when they visit Emirates in Feb.

Just typical Pool this season.. 1-0 up and we sit back and let the away team come onto us...a nice tactic that gets us beat :(

it seems this season we are just like we used to be, played well in 1 half and totally clueless in the other.

we could have scored a couple of goals in 1st half alone but finishing wasn't good enough. poor refereeing can't be help as well. 2nd half was just poor. looks like rafa decided to play the counter attacking tactics but that early equaliser really screwed his plan and the team just doesn't know what to do next. pump the ball forward is all they can do.

Only good point...

Liverpool out-passed Arsenal last night. It was quite pretty to watch and it reminded me of Liverpool's play last season.

Just that we didn't win.

we did well against Wigan in mid week when Rafa decided to play 4-4-2 and bring gerrard back into midfield. he sees more action in the 1st half of this game compared to his whole season currently!

plenty of balls going into wigan's area and could have been 3 goals up if not for poor finishing. ngog looks good and certainly help him lots with having another striker playing beside him.

2nd half was a bit weak cos Rafa decided to revert back to his old system 4-2-3-1. defence is still shaky with rafa's fav system.

Europa League draw: Liverpool to face Unirea

europa-league-big1.jpg

Rafael Benitez has insisted Liverpool won't under-estimate the threat posed by Unirea Urziceni to their hopes of winning the UEFA Europa League.

The Reds have been paired with the Romanian champions in the last 32 of the competition and will face the winners of the tie between Lille and Fenerbahce if they progress.

there's only 2 things that Rafa can do - i) to mandi air bunga or ii) to leave the club.

his insistent of playing his ineffective formation is hurting the club again and again. his stubbornness of sticking with Masch and lucas in mid is not doing the team any good. you can see that players are not happy and if rafa still stay till next season, i hope quality players like gerrard, torres and masch leave the club. they are players that are wasted under rafa now.

Back