Liverpool FC Thread

have faith everyone. the boys will definitely pull thru this small setback. like the old saying goes, "The BALL is round"... anything can happen. just need things to fall back into place only. those 'fans' who wanna start finger pointing at the team might as well just throw in their jerseys and go join that OTHER red club. their fans have the finger pointing mentality i.e. blame ref la, linesman, pitch, jersey colour, crowd, mother, father, uncle, aunty.... ;-)

REDS FACE LYON, FIORENTINA AND DEBRECENI

14sept_championslegue2006_2.jpg

Liverpool have been drawn alongside Lyon, Fiorentina and Hungarian newcomers Debreceni VSC in Champions League Group E.

Group A

Bayern Munich
Juventus
Bordeaux
Maccabi Haifa

Group B

Manchester United
CSKA Moscow
Besiktas
VfL Wolfsburg

Group C

AC Milan
Real Madrid
Marseille
FC Zurich

Group D

Chelsea
Porto
Atletico Madrid
APOEL

Group E

Liverpool
Lyon
Fiorentina
Debreceni VSC

Group F

Barcelona
Inter Milan
Dynamo Kiev
Rubin Kazan

Group G

Sevilla
Rangers
Stuttgart
AFC Unirea Urziceni

Group H

Arsenal
AZ Alkmaar
Olympiacos
Standard Liege

zonal defending = useless
Johnson is starting to look like a great buy :)

and and... i hate to say this but, Arse didnt deserve to lose yesterday, the bias ref killed the game

Reactions: fgl
It's time to play Gerrard in central midfield again. When Gerrard switched to midfield in the 2nd half against Bolton, the distribution was much better and more fluid. As much as I want Lucas to do well, he just doesn't seem to do so. He tends to blow hot and cold.....and too often is cold. Hopefully the new Italian dude is fit enough to play against Burnley next.

3 points is good but another goal let in via set-pieces ... not good.
the defending was just ridiculous!

as for arse vs manures, don't know how the ref did not give the penalty/card for the foul on arshavin. nobody makes alot of noise cause arshavin scored a cracker within a few secs after that but still ... the ref is blind.

also the dive from eboue is pure classic arse!
reminds me of pires.
:twisted:

as for arse vs manures, don't know how the ref did not give the penalty/card for the foul on arshavin. nobody makes alot of noise cause arshavin scored a cracker within a few secs after that but still ... the ref is blind.

reminds me of pires.

agree with U on all 3 points

reminds me of pires.

i agree abt the ref thingy. it's impossible to get a desicion your way when opposing teams visit OT. the ref is more or less their 12th player on the field. ridiculous decisions made by Mike Dean, but alas Pool have shown that we can go there and whoop their butts 4-1, so why can't other teams? :)

maybe a top EPL team, like arse, were 'pretending' to lose, like what some ppl commented about other top 'pretending' teams getting crushed by ManUre in other threads. hehehehe....

on a more serious note, the Reds need to buck up on the set pieces defending and get off the whole zonal marking idea... it's just bloody not working!!

FIFA hit Chelsea with transfer ban until 2011

gaelkakuta;moustaphasalifoureserves20090825_275x155.jpg

FIFA have banned Chelsea from registering players for the enxt two transfer windows, meaning they will not be able to make any new signings until January 2011, after being found guilty of inducing French teenager Gael Kakuta to breach his contract with Lens.

They get away once with John Mikel Obi but now they are in hot soup!

HAHA!
When i saw that piece of news i laughed my arse off and started im-ing all my chelsea friends.
Deserved it for buying so much in the last few seasons.
Manchester City NEXT!hahahah

This is actually good news for Chelsea, their core group is quite strong, remember when Scolari tried to change the system and players, they had their worst period.

I remember Scolari bringing in Quaresma as he said "they were not attacking enough", what a joke.

I forsee Chelsea going far actually.

REDS NAME CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SQUAD

14sept_championslegue2006_2.jpg

Goalkeepers

Diego Cavalieri, Pepe Reina, David Martin.

Defenders

Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger, Fabio Aurelio, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Emiliano Insua, Jamie Carragher, Stephen Darby, Martin Kelly, Martin Skrtel, Andrea Dossena.

Midfielders

Alberto Aquilani, Steven Gerrard, Yossi Benayoun, Javier Mascherano, Lucas Leiva, Jay Spearing, Damien Plessis.

Forwards

Fernando Torres, Andriy Voronin, Albert Riera, Dirk Kuyt, Ryan Babel, David Ngog, David Amoo, Nathan Eccleston.
Look at the squad we got for CL and it's not impressive esp if any of the 1st 11 are not fit.

Rafa really need to concentrate on top 2 competition instead of see how far we can go in all 4 competition this season.

Gillett confirmed that Liverpool will unveil a new shirt sponsor on September 18, stating: "I think people will be pleased and surprised. It will be one of the great, worldwide corporations. And I think it will be a sponsor people will be pleased and surprised to be [associated with] Liverpool."

no more 3 stripes?
don't tell me it's the tick sign!!??

Eh, they mean the word Carlsberg. Carlsberg is not gonna sponsor us anymore. Aw, I wonder what global brand it is. Maybe it's Mircosoft!

LOL.

benayoun is crazy shit.

i dont understand why he doesnt start every game

edit: the moment i typed this he scored his hat trick. wtf

Back