Liverpool FC Thread

Everton 1
arsenal 6

we just dispatched your merseyside neighbours ....

Gives me goosbumps to watch the gunners in action last ngt

New season but same old stuff for Liverpool.
Sucks at defending set pieces and suck at taking them.

Was surprise to see babbel start ahead of benayoun and was even surprise to see babbel lasted more than 60 mins!!
More injuries at the back.

Benayoun should have started, made more impact than babel did in 60mins. Should have gotten another penalty, but then again it was a poor game. We still have 37 games to go so....COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babel should be sold man, release him on free if required. He is totally useless man. He is only good against lousy defenders. Midfield organization was a total mess, Gerrard, nothing to say, never was a fan of him. Lucas did a decent job though IMO. Overall, Liverpool deserved their loss, wake up call. Although I have plenty of faith and respect for Benitez, I think he should be more garang and make early subsitutions, the difference Benayoun made was tremendous, or maybe Babel is just plain lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove useless. And the referee should be shot in the ass with a bazooka, what a prick. What a pissoff game

although sad to say, liverpool really played like shit, we should have gotten a penalty when that scumbag assou ekotto fouled voronin at the very end, even the commentators were pissed off with phil dowd.

oh well here's to the new (rough) season.
YNWA!

I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT .......

C'MON YOU SPURS! :mrgreen:

hmmmm, sounds like someone's here not a true Gunner. cos a true Gunner would NEVER and i mean NEVER support their biggest London rivals, even if it were against Pool. time to pack up the Arse kit and put on your ManUre jersey you fraud...

gun__1238590278_gibbs_throw.jpg

Kieran Gibbs... left-back talks up squad stability

Gibbs - We can learn from Man United

By Chris Harris

Kieran Gibbs believes Arsenal can follow Manchester United’s recipe for success in the years to come.

Sir Alex Ferguson ended the Old Trafford club’s 26-year wait for a League title in 1993 and has never looked back. Last season’s triumph was United’s third in a row and their 11th in 16 years.

Ferguson has also claimed two Champions League titles – in 1999 and 2008 – and Gibbs attributes their sustained success to the continuity in United’s squad.

The likes of David Beckham, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs emerged through the youth ranks at Old Trafford in the early 1990s and stayed loyal to the United cause. Gibbs insists that Arsenal’s crop of youngsters must do the same if they want to emulate the trophy haul of their Northern rivals.

“It’s so important to keep the same squad for a long period of time,” said Gibbs, speaking at a Q&A with supporters at Members’ Day last week.

“If you look at the Man United squad from years ago when they had Scholes, Giggs, Beckham and the Neville brothers, they all came through the ranks from a young age and I agree with doing that.

“If you do that you can build a team which can become successful and great.”

Gibbs was flanked by Theo Walcott at that Q&A and the England winger echoed his team-mate’s sentiments. Indeed, Walcott looks up to one Man United player in particular.

“I want to look back on my career and the number of trophies I have won,” he said.

“Ryan Giggs is the perfect example of that – he has won everything out there. I want to be remembered for that so I can show my kids and grandkids what I have won in my career.”

MAYBE POOL CUD LEARN A THING OR 2 FROM MAN U ALSO ....

like I said above, remove your pathetic Arsenal jersey and put the new ManUre one on NOW!! LOL!

Well said jvd747, about the poser of an arsenal fan. But i must thank arsenal for giving everton a spanking. ;)

Overall rating of Spurs vs LFC
Reina-7 couldnt do much about the goals but made some pretty good saves
Johnson- 7 nice run to earn us a penalty but couldnt quite contain modric well
Carragher- 6.5 still solid but really poor marking for the bassong goal
Skrtel- 6.5 decent game, but oh my, he got an injury on the head,the jaw and clipped on the foot in just the first half alone
Insua - 7 nice runs and contained lennon quite well
Kuyt - 6 hardworking as ever but couldnt really make an impact
Masch - 6 very very ordinary performance
Lucas - 7 made some pretty nice tackles and distributed quite well
Babel - 5 what the hell is he doing in an LFC shirt??
Gerrard - 7 only because he got a goal
Torres - 6 quite anonymous

Subs:
Ayala - 6 came on too late so didnt really see much of him
Voronin - 6 again,came on too late to make an impact
Benayoun - 7.5 the best player for lfc today imo, made the most impact when he came on with his runs and passes, what was RAFA THINKING leaving him on the bench????

the calm and creativity of xabi Alonso is clearly missed in the middle of the park...no doubt Stevie G and El Nino are more celebrated with their attacking and scoring exploits but without a genuine playmaker in the mould of Alonso..it's not gonna be an easy season fot the Anfield outfit

hmmmm, sounds like someone's here not a true Gunner. cos a true Gunner would NEVER and i mean NEVER support their biggest London rivals, even if it were against Pool. time to pack up the Arse kit and put on your ManUre jersey you fraud...

You probably say the same if Liverpool's trailing from lifting the championship and you need Man Utd to hold back any team that's above you. It's called an advantage. If team X is able to hold off any stronger team that can jeopardize our championship campaign, we would support that team X, even bitter rivals. The logic is so simple you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know.

What joy does it bring to us gooners if your Liverpool trashed Tottenham? We rather do it ourselves, nothing brings satisfaction like self-satisfaction.

Or you're just still bitter that Arsenal's Andrei Arshavin single handedly put you to a draw to lose valuable points from lifting last season's championships against ManUre?

Last edited:
early season. scrap that. start of the season.
small team always start off brilliantly and only to end up somewhere in the middle of the table or fighting off relegation battle, just like hull last season.

i'll rather be like manures a few seasons ago where they are in relegation zone at early season and ends up as champ rather than arse, leading the table throughout the season and than flop.

don't know what rafa is thinking by not playing benayoun or even pulling gerrard back in midfield to give that creativity we missing in 1st half. maybe he's still not fully fit?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA MY WELL WISHES FOR THE SCUM PAID OFF......

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
3816013143_d08a10459d.jpg

ARSENAL FOR THE QUAD!

Last edited:
eh? y got arsenal reviews in kop's thread?
oh oh... arsenal got no thread... forgot abt tat...

tis is just the 1st game...nothing scary or exciting. still got 37 games... :)

extremers: Or you're just still bitter that Arsenal's Andrei Arshavin single handedly put you to a draw to lose valuable points from lifting last season's championships against ManUre?

i was more of surprised that during that game arshavin predicted arsenal will be at number 4... tat was reli reli reli gd prediction sia...
must ask him for toto results today

Back