Liverpool FC Thread

to be fair, they probably were asked to pose like this by TNP photographer.
anyway, Electrico were just stating their POV; their fanbase is also not even one millionth that of Liverpool, so i don't see why pool fans should feel threatened or aggrieved or anything.

to be fair, I think Liverpool fans have every right to be offended by the picture. Yeah sure, maybe they were requested to take a picture like that, but any mother son would surely have the common sense that a picture like that conveys an offensive message to both club and fans. I would say it is more disprectful to Liverpool FC than to the fans themselves. Their beef should be with the Singaporean fans, not Liverpool, but apparently it doesnt seem like it. Posing with the Liverpool jersey like that, downright disrespectful. Now what if Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal played the game instead of Liverpool, and same shit happens with the fans, and Electrico were Liverpool fans, did the same shit except with a different jersey.

the pic is uncalled for but, it's from a tabloid paper so ... forget about it.
few more days to go and rafa still scrambling to buy defenders, can't understand why he didn't do it in early preseason. we just don't have enough cover in central def esp after hyypia left the club!

also evra penalty was just too brilliant! :mrgreen:

the pic is uncalled for but, it's from a tabloid paper so ... forget about it.
few more days to go and rafa still scrambling to buy defenders, can't understand why he didn't do it in early preseason. we just don't have enough cover in central def esp after hyypia left the club!

also evra penalty was just too brilliant! :mrgreen:

tHERE'S A MALAY SAYING FOR THIS:

WANNA SHYYTE THEN LOOK FOR TOILET ...

Plastic: for the record - I never called pool anything - I just mentioned about their "results" in pre season ...

Ppl wanna call me lame or say I man u convert - its no sweat off my back ... I can be bothered let alone overact???

No need to justify yourself. I merely quoted an example from my pov, do whatever you please. :)

gun__1238590278_gibbs_throw.jpg

Kieran Gibbs... left-back talks up squad stability

Gibbs - We can learn from Man United

By Chris Harris

Kieran Gibbs believes Arsenal can follow Manchester United’s recipe for success in the years to come.

Sir Alex Ferguson ended the Old Trafford club’s 26-year wait for a League title in 1993 and has never looked back. Last season’s triumph was United’s third in a row and their 11th in 16 years.

Ferguson has also claimed two Champions League titles – in 1999 and 2008 – and Gibbs attributes their sustained success to the continuity in United’s squad.

The likes of David Beckham, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs emerged through the youth ranks at Old Trafford in the early 1990s and stayed loyal to the United cause. Gibbs insists that Arsenal’s crop of youngsters must do the same if they want to emulate the trophy haul of their Northern rivals.

“It’s so important to keep the same squad for a long period of time,” said Gibbs, speaking at a Q&A with supporters at Members’ Day last week.

“If you look at the Man United squad from years ago when they had Scholes, Giggs, Beckham and the Neville brothers, they all came through the ranks from a young age and I agree with doing that.

“If you do that you can build a team which can become successful and great.”

Gibbs was flanked by Theo Walcott at that Q&A and the England winger echoed his team-mate’s sentiments. Indeed, Walcott looks up to one Man United player in particular.

“I want to look back on my career and the number of trophies I have won,” he said.

“Ryan Giggs is the perfect example of that – he has won everything out there. I want to be remembered for that so I can show my kids and grandkids what I have won in my career.”

MAYBE POOL CUD LEARN A THING OR 2 FROM MAN U ALSO ....

ARSE indeed can learn alot from the old manures as they ain't gonna have the dough to bring in world class players like they used to so need to rely on kids.
Manures did that back than BUT there are no cheatsea and shitty $$ to disrupt them.

Now even small team spend around 10 mil on a single player!
There's no point building up squad with kids only for them to cabut to other successful team.

Just look at West Ham, they got the best young talent back than and all cabut cause the team aren't winning anything.

Same thing gonna happen for Arse?
Already lost Toure and Ade and now, Barca looking at Fab.

2 more days guys, lets start the season with a win over Spurs at White Hart Lane. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!

what are the odds that our 1st match is against the only team, that's still in the PL, that beat us last season?! :rolleyes:

will be a tough start for the reds.
defence not fit.
only hope we can put away all the chances that comes our way.

Though I don't rate Lucas highly, but I got a feeling he will improve leaps and bounds this season.

hopefully,man. Lucas was the man in pre-season, hope he brings the form to the premiership. Also would be interesting to see if Babel can do better than last season's woeful performances

somehow i'm placing my bets on voronin n kuyt, the 2 workhorses.
torres is still torres, he'll always attract 2-3 defenders whenever he gets the ball. so hopefully voronin n kuyt will b able to grab all the chances they get.

Back