John Frusciante Has Left Red Hot Chili Peppers?

John has confirmed on his blog that he quits the band. Johnfrusciante.com

i think josh is the next best guitarist for rhcp. Josh has played live with the band as a 2nd guitarist, contributed a lot to empyrean, collaborated and jammed with John in many other instances. Even though he is no john frusciante, i'm excited to hear what his stuff in the next rhcp album.

RHCP ain't RHCP without John, just like RATM ain't RATM without Zach, Muse without Matt, SP without Billy Corgan, Radiohead without Yorke, etc etc.

You get the drift.. Bottom line is, IT AIN'T RHCP ANYMORE!

Whenever Megadeth change drummer, bassist, or lead guitarist, Megadeth is still Megadeth, as long as Dave is around. :mrgreen:

when hillel died, people said the same thing.
Each time metallica changes their bassist, people said the same thing.

How the heck can you compare changing Hillel with Frusciante to equal changing Newsted with Trujillo? Metallica's music currently sucks, in case no one noticed.

actually id be quite interested to find out what josh comes up with.
btw did anyone hear his backing vocals on ommision?damn power

Frusciante's emotional sensitivity comes through the songs he write and playing, it gives that extra special quality to the overall RHCP sound.

yah josh sounded pretty promising on john's stuff. rhcp is my favourite band, but rite now johnfru's solo work sits at a higher place in my ipod. while john leaving could be really bad for rhcp, he will have more time to work on his own music. although i wouldnt say im happy for the fact that he left cos it kinda destroyed my fav band

Back