Issit possible to record without audio interface?

TomTom

Hello everyone! this will be my first post on this forum, as well as my first few questions question. Please bare with me. hehe
Im new to studio stuffs. Cause usually i just go to someones else place to do it haha. And thats only once. hahaha. But recently i borrowed a mixer (Yamaha MW12CX ) and a shure condensor microphone from a friend. The daw i have is Cubase 5. Okay the problem is, i can hear sounds coming out from my computer/cubase. But i cant seem to record/playback. I added an audio file first then an audio track to record in. When i speak/sang on the microphone, i can see the wave going up and down. But when i press playback, i cant hear anything. i hope im being understood. If things are not clear please lemme noe what information i lack out. thanks :)

Anyway the question was.
1. Issit possible to record without audio interface?
2. If yes , why cant i play back what i recorded when i can see waves when i speak/sang into the mic?

for hearing the playback, within cubase, is the monitor button on? I remember seeing it being mentioned round the forum here with someone having similar issue and it was with the monitor option being activated Try searching round the forum to confirm that.

As for recording without audio interface, its rather possible. Check out this guide below done by the blueprintstudio. Heh, its one of the sticky thread as well. Do check out the other sticky thread, theres useful info in there.

http://www.soft.com.sg/forum/how-sound/194667-guide-diy-recording-under-$50.html

Back