Intro: DazzLing

i thought beethoven wasn't born deaf? er. im not sure. anyway, music expresses emotions. and takes you off the things you do everyday. but for some guys here, music is more or less their routine. hahas. and to me, that's enjoying life.

Tks for sharing, insightful...hmm...ya, agree...the music tt we like usually hits our hearts s much s it hits our ears. At best therapeutic, at worst, carthatic!!!! Ttz y music has such an irresistable draw cos' in the process of losing ourselves in the music, we find ourselves again at the end of it.

here's a question tt just came 2 me, guys:

Hw does yo style/genre/content/brand of music u write or play represent YOU? yes, u! :smt045

eg, lim ah mui likes haunting hip-hop melodies cos' her childhood house in redhill was haunted n flushing the toilet now still seems like an eerie echo from the past. fav composition? The Haunting. :toimonster:

or,

russell chua seng huat restrings his guitar every other day cos' he breaks them from playing angry n angsty rock tt expresses his dark/ ballistic/ bersek side. :smt068

it can b positive 2. :smt058

personally, i go 4 melodies n lyrics tt r poignant but invariably reflects a ray of light. Cos' ttz what has characterised my life - physical n emotional pain alleviated by bursts of hope. :smt051

ok, over 2 u guys!

Are those above meant to be lyrics? :D

I think the kind of music I do probably allows me to just shut my eye and imagine myself totally free in a imaginary world. Pain and joy all in it...

yeah, ttz how i felt when i heard yo music yest. Gives a surreal feel..quite chillout sorta experience. where do u get yo inspiration 4 yo stuff, DD?

WELCOME BACK!!!

Music is something that brings me to another plateau in life, something that pushes my inspirations and holds me in its warm embrace of connectivity with the rhythm that plays in my soul..

and keep playing...and becomes a part of me...

nothing hits me more than music that inspires me...

i dunno if i made sense or not! HEHE

She maans - what part does music play in all our life? Like for example, is it a way to show our anger? Or is it something we use to visualize a beautiful scene or whatever.

And she already answered in the same post.

personally, i go 4 melodies n lyrics tt r poignant but invariably reflects a ray of light. Cos' ttz what has characterised my life - physical n emotional pain alleviated by bursts of hope.

Music is like a channel for communicating thoughts and feelings. Glad that is exists because people like me suck at written or verbal commnunication. It keeps me sane :D

Kash said:
Physical & emotional pain???? hmmmm...whatever happened man???

thr is nothing mo devastating 4 me than losing my dreams.

i came down w a chronic condition almost 3 years ago tt inflammes my nose (not the equivalent of stuffiness or mere congestion) n makes it v difficult 2 deliver my notes. things got worse when a maltreatment burnt up part of my nasal passages in june. it was excruciating 2 say the least.

itz really a miracle i cld still record my song "nail scarred hands" in oct. altho the inflammation seems mo aggressive the past few weeks, i m trusting God 4 complete healing, heart, body n soul.

cos' the :smt074 can't take tt away from me! :smt059

LobinHoot said:
Music is like a channel for communicating thoughts and feelings. Glad that is exists because people like me suck at written or verbal commnunication. It keeps me sane :D

hey Lobin,

yea, thr's something abt music tt can helps us express the inexplicable joy or anguish even when words fail.

any of yo own music u'd like 2 share? :D

Wow nice vocals ling! You sing like Ang Moh siah~ And of course great songs too~ I particular like nail scarred hands coz i can "connect" to it :p Anyway for that piece the guitar work and vocal pitch seem to blend in differently but uniquely, i don't know why, i guess its the feel i got after hearing the 1st time.

Bobqwe said:
Wow nice vocals ling! You sing like Ang Moh siah~ And of course great songs too~ I particular like nail scarred hands coz i can "connect" to it :p Anyway for that piece the guitar work and vocal pitch seem to blend in differently but uniquely, i don't know why, i guess its the feel i got after hearing the 1st time.

hey bob! thks 4 yo vote of confidence, sure made my day! :lol:
m glad u cld "connect" w my song - in what way did it reasonate with u?

nice vocals on yo side 2! was tt u on the keys? 8)

hi lobin!

haha, ttz what i used 2 think s well, tt i cldn't compose. guess when the time is rite, it will come 2 u quite naturally, w the rite pple 2.

covers r cool 2! what bands do u like? :)

I dont go by genres or bands. I go by hrmmm "feel" if thats a correct word. Like although i can relate generally to metal better. i also listen to pop/r&b/rap/soul etc etc. My latest fav is the song in that nokia? handphone commercial(showing on tv recently). I like!!!

Back