I SCOREDDDDDD!!! Gotoh Trem for sale soon.

ShredCow

I just have to ... I scored.... tada!!!

A NOS Ibanez Edge. In chrome. Untouched. Full boxed set with toplok III.

All for just $250 SGD.

:D

My gotoh will have to go soon, I'll be offering it to SOFTies first so yeah, its like.. an exclusive. Hehehe...

subversion said:
what makes you go back to the Edge unit? mine's flaking off/ stained but i'm not about to give it up.

Its just the feel here Sub... the Edge has a smoother feel, prob due to the its heavy top. This time round, the NOS Edge I got is CHROME! :) So its a tough finish.

Don't give up your Edge man. Don't make the mistake I did. Granted, the Gotoh is not inferior to the Edge (stiffer but has a brighter tone), but if you value the smoothness of the Edge, please stick to it!

theblueark said:
The Gotch trem doesn't happen to be a retrofit for the TRS or OFR bridges does it?

It is. :) Perfect fit for trs or OFR, except for Trem block, which I will explain.

And at a lower price than the OFR (USD 123 for Gotoh, compared to USD170 for OFR), with better QC, improvements and so on... the Gotoh is KILLER.

HOWEVER.

The Gotoh comes with a 41 mm trem block. Ibanez uses a shorter trem block.... 36 mm? I managed to check with allpartsjapan abt this, I will start a thread abt it.

I never leave my backplate on anyway. I thought the edge and the OFR aren't retrofitable? How is it you are able to replace the gotch with your new edge? Anyway, if it is retrofittable with the the OFR I am very interested. We'll see how the deal with the other softie goes.

fenderfan said:
err... shouldn't this be under the classifieds? :lol:

shredcpow didn't wanna post it up for sale i guess.. private under the table cash transactions to escape tax.. :lol: anyways, i dont really see how much 5 mm difference can make, but i'm a noob anyway, so yeah, do explain more shredcow :D

ShredCow have u sold the old ibanez edge? i need parts for the saddle..
if u still have it somewhere pls let me know..thks..

else i get the OFR..

theblueark said:
I never leave my backplate on anyway. I thought the edge and the OFR aren't retrofitable? How is it you are able to replace the gotch with your new edge? Anyway, if it is retrofittable with the the OFR I am very interested. We'll see how the deal with the other softie goes.

The Edge and OFR are retrofittable, in the sense of, you got the Edge, you can put an OFR in. The OFR knife edges, one side is enclosed, the other side is open, so it will retrofit. The other way round, no way.

My S520EX came with the Edge first. Then it started rusting and corroded, so I swapped in the Gotoh. Now I finally got an Edge again... :)

RazrAsh said:
fenderfan said:
err... shouldn't this be under the classifieds? :lol:

shredcpow didn't wanna post it up for sale i guess.. private under the table cash transactions to escape tax.. :lol: anyways, i dont really see how much 5 mm difference can make, but i'm a noob anyway, so yeah, do explain more shredcow :D

Well, for 1, I'm not trying for some sales pitch. I just want to let it be available for SOFTies first.

2nd... the 5mm as in the trem block right? It makes a hell lot of difference... talking abt sustian, tone and yes, fit. The 5mm difference should allow you to cover up the trem cavity as per normal.

penguin said:
ShredCow have u sold the old ibanez edge? i need parts for the saddle..
if u still have it somewhere pls let me know..thks..

else i get the OFR..

What parts of the saddle?

Dude, don't swap it out .. its a superior unit to the OFR... esp in terms of feel.

Latest posts

Back