I realised....

thx for MOST of the replies...yeah i have developed some feel over the two years...but...i still feel i'm lacking...some dude i just met...just played for one year..and he's already shredding and tapping...wtf?!

AEnimic said:
thx for MOST of the replies...yeah i have developed some feel over the two years...but...i still feel i'm lacking...some dude i just met...just played for one year..and he's already shredding and tapping...huh?!

be a team player than one man band :D

gsonique said:
be a team player than one man band :D

but i kinda feel that playing like that brings satisfaction when one is alone :p well i do play like a team player...but i just wanna have the ability to do those stuffs...

if doing those things, make you feel better, then by all means.

www.chopsfromhell.com

But a better guitarist isn't one who has all the technique. It one who can compose, be a band player, be creative, be emotive, be able to connect with his music.

How many times have you heard awesome shred, then listen to it the 2nd time, only to realise its suddenly not so impressive? Heh.

Find a guitar instructor!!!!

Off hand I can recommend you a few but on this forum you can talk to shredcow.

ShredCow said:
if doing those things, make you feel better, then by all means..

wow shredcow...that means alot to me...yeah i do realise that about shreds...wow....i'm really blown away...time to compose!! hahaha but i still gotta learn some decent solos...and get some more gear...

THX ALL!! and to shredcow for that statement...

*meditates to find inner self*

does playing covers improve my playing?!

i do doodle around..but it sometimes sounds shit...hehe...so how to further make my composing effective?

hmmm shredding and those technical stuff are cool and impressive but it gets stale if the entire song is shred. i'd rather listen to bb king than rusty cooley.

go buy guitar techniques, learn the licks there and try to make them your own? everytime i learn a new lick i'll try to change it and see what i can get. play around with phrasing too. jam with a backing track.

oh and i guess you have to learn the basic scales. natural minor/major should be good for a start.

AEnimic said:
does playing covers improve my playing?!

i do doodle around..but it sometimes sounds shit...hehe...so how to further make my composing effective?

Yes, doing covers will definately improve your playing.

But never forget improvisation. Keep at it. There have been countless instructional vids, threads, forums, on how to improvise, so... read up, absorb, keep it in the back of your mind, and practice. Yes, practice improvising.

one thing nobody's mentioned..if you're playing in a band, learn how to NOT play. it's more important than most people think. speaking of bands, playing in a band with good musicians will definitely help.

Back