I realised....

sorry here, but just want to find out whether getting a guitar instructor is good and who should i go to? i know justin oh and i'm considering goin to him at the end of the year, should i?

vheissu said:
sorry here, but just want to find out whether getting a guitar instructor is good and who should i go to? i know justin oh and i'm considering goin to him at the end of the year, should i?

Possibly, depending on what you wanna learn. Might learn a thing or two about improvising seeing he majored in Jazz at Berklee

wow...crazy assed stuff...and LEARN HOW TO NOT PLAY? what the mean?

and confucious says alot of things...but once he shows me a crazy assed solo,then i'll listen to what he has to say...

AEnimic said:
thx for MOST of the replies...yeah i have developed some feel over the two years...but...i still feel i'm lacking...some dude i just met...just played for one year..and he's already shredding and tapping...huh?!

haha bro sounds like me man we just met and went jamming last week rite? haha eh no la. slowly la bro. relax and take more stuff in ur stride. i feel phasing is more important and i only use speed at a certain "sweet spot". it really gives ur sound the edge. nt shredding the whole song it can sound damnm boring.

haha rock on bro....just keep practicing, rmb, musicality is more important than virtuosity. Kirk hammet plays all the solos, but james hetfield writes them? goes to show musicality is more important.

Stay cool bro, :D

AEnimic said:
strats said:
AEnimic said:
wow...crazy assed stuff...and LEARN HOW TO NOT PLAY? what the mean?

Don't overplay, play to complement the rythm section. Sadly, a dying art.

yeah thats really good advice,thank you :D

..it's easier said than done. guitarists definitely have the worst ego when it comes to this, but there are definitely times when the most fitting guitar part for a song or a section of a song is nothing :)

hahaha yeah Ronaldinho...eh wait...maybe was helping brazil to a certain extent....reflecting the sun light to the opposing keeper's eye with his teeth :p

but he's a great player...tons of respect for him

snuffleupagus said:
u gotta develop the feel dude.............I make that a point to take note before I pick up my guitar each time, so that I can improve myself...

Play along with your idols on your CD....study the notes they use, learn their tricks on how to apply the scales in different ways...

Blues pentatonic scales can sound really good if you choose the notes wisely too, less is more!

But most importantly is the feel, nobody can teach you that. :(

U gotta Listen! :D

Good luck

best damm advice I've read so far.....

Hmm.

When it comes to playing with feel.. I have one guy to recommend:

David Gilmour of Pink Floyd. That guy has amazing restraint too. Just listen to 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond'. You get what I mean.

Back