I just saw a kid on a leash yesterday, I cannot believe it!

perhaps its kinda like a walking crib or whatever u call the thing where u keep a baby in that looks like prison

its ok to me la,they put it on hand and not neck,still looks ok,sometimes small kid always go on their own...'wow wee' *run here* 'wow wee' *run there* 'wow wee' *run everywhere* then get lost...get lost still alright la,but if kana abducted by some stranger,thats it man,game over :evil:

yeah. I guess it's ok too.

if the parents don't do that, and somehow fail to keep an eye when the kid stray somewhere, it will give more problem. I believe it has happened to them before.

Most of these "leash" is tied to the wrist or the body like a harnest. I actually got one for my kid when he was young - used it once but found it not really useful. Never used it again. In Singapore - quite safe. I bought it because we were working overseas in a place where kids can get kidnapped once your head is turned...

shldn't the world be getting better?
what on earth are such things happening?

haven't the world leaders done enough ???
*sigh*

I think the title should have being phrased more accurately and sensitively. Should have being "A child being restrainted by a body harness".

"A chlid on a leash" tend to conjure up a picture that the child have a "doggy neck collar" on him. So the first picture that a person have, would be the child is tied up like a pet dog.

Maybe the parents want the child to have the freedom of roaming around when the kid still do not know the dangers that is around. In SG, the dangers would be vehicular traffic, or the kid wondering off and get lost.

As opposed to having to carry the child or restraining him in a kiddy stroller (the pram chair with wheels). I have seen some kids who are very large already still sitting in a stroller, looks equally strange. Conjures up a picture that the kid is spoilt rotten.

Maybe the kid is just very naughty, and refuse to be taken around in hands. Sometimes being a parent is very very taxing.

Thus this as a commonsight in european countries, I don't see anything wrong, they are more liberal anyway. It's meaning can be taken both ways, how it's being used is the most important question.

lol mikeman,thats what i imagine when i read the post title, a kid being treated like dog -_-" but turned out to be diff =)

I personally think that it's all for the safety of the kid. Some kids are so hyperactive they constantly run about without realising the danger of doing so. Just a few days back when I was at Far East Plaza, I saw a kid running about along the road where the pickup point is and the mother frantically chasing after him, with another hand on a pram with a baby inside. A taxi ALMOST knocked down the kid, I meant literally centrimetres away! With the restraining harness, such accidents can be better prevented...

But. . .

The more restrictions you give your child, the more rebellious he/she gets...

yeah... :lol:

Well, if the child gets into an accident and dies, it won't matter if he's rebellious or not.

Ya pyro quite true though,

But contradicting enough. . . [arrgghhhh]
When Parents restrict kids too much, kids can get rebellious
But when given too much freedom, they complain bout how bad kids can turn into as well...
hahahsss... i guess its up to the kid surroundings...
i'm Not a parent though, :lol: :lol: but i've seen much examples...

no offence mates :wink:

Ok, I speak for parents here. Kids don't have to be hyperactive to be active. Kids' perception of their surroundings is "front" - no side, back etc. Especially so for the younger ages. Furthermore, they are hard to spot by a driver being small and short stature.

My 4 year old son just recently met with a near accident. He was holding the hands of my wife. He usually holds hands - no problem. We were already in a safe area. Suddenly, something caught his attention and he ran off. It just took 1 second - a motorcycle came from behind and almost hit him. Thank God he managed to swerve in time, but not fast enough to avoid scratching his buttocks. The pillion was so shocked that she sat down on the roadside and cried. My son was crying. It was a mess - my wife had to calm the pillion rider down. Well, my son is NOT hyperactive. We taught him all the time road safety and he knows. He is well known in the neighbourhood as one of the best behaved kids around. But children are children. Anyway, he is now more cautious than ever before.

sofyan said:
heres a negative point. the child may grow up to hate the parent for doin that to him 8O

Restriction is important to a child. As a child grows older, the restriction lessens and more freedom is given. This calls for discretion. Unfortunately we are all first time parents - no parents have "second chance" in raising their kids. So many times it is trial and error.

I find not restricting a child irresponsible. Note that the focus is a "child", not a "teen". Even for a teen, there should be some restrictions but obviously much less.

Hey Cheez, at least you don't leash your child anymore, and now he knows the true dangers of the road.

But anyway, seeing a kid leashed up in a shopping center? I mean, it's pretty safe there, and there are not many people left, and the leash seemed to be a sort of a restraint so that the kid won't go and 'kpo' so much.

leash
n.

1. A chain, rope, or strap attached to the collar or harness of an animal, especially a dog, and used to lead it or hold it in check.

It doesn't have to be collared to be leashed. As the meaning suggests this should only be used on animals, not humans.

Back