How students raise $100?

MA, I have the same allowance as you, and I'm living independantly (no parents) .

I manage to afford my roland cube 30, ibanez RG450 and some pedals.
How do you think I do it?

hahaa Its possible bro.. possible.

Just be prepared for the sacrifices.

thanks for the ideas, my poly vacation just ended. I did work during that time, and i can afford to pay the $100, just that i dun wanna bust my "minimum amt" mark to have in the bank. I already used up quite a bit of the money i earnt in paying back my mum who kindly loaned me money for my current guitar. haha...

ShredCow: if i get hungry, and dont eat, my arms n legs literally go soft, and if i still dont eat, i "see stars", as in gonna faint. Haha...thats why i gotta eat so much, but still remain so skinny. Will try tho, to keep my spending on food to a minimum, no more snacks from now on, only value for money food! I will try that rasin bread too. Thanks!

Thanks for the encouragement too blackmoo! haha...thats quite amazing!

I'd also like to suggest Wholemeal bread. I used that while saving up. Filling too. No problems in the cubicle ;)

hahaha... I see! You're an eater! :)

Well, go slow... methinks that Rasin Bread thing will be great for you since its a whole loaf and you can like munch on 2 slices every hour or so... and if you wanna splurge, you can try those with nuts and grain.. very nice and more filling than just rasins.

Used to do that in army. ;)

haha, ok, i think i can rotate between rasin loaf and wholemeal bread with margarine on alternate days...lol...better than in sec school, peanut butter every single day.

$10 a day is a quite some money man....
you can do it.
eat less.
seems like eating made up majority of your expenses.

i usually dun take breakfast.
lunch may eat at times or mayb just grab a bit on some stuff not which wont cost me more than $2.

so that's how i survived.

u can try restricting yourself to the amount of money spent on food each day?
eat cheaper food?

yeah u can try waiting.

spend like how u do now.
wait till holidays get a job. extra money. extra expense. extra guitar!

wah..u get $10 a day..i get $20 a week.. :lol:

but i still manage to save $85 the other time..hehe...

well actually i had no discipline to save too last time..the way shredcow recommended(put an amt in ur piggy bank b4 going out) doesnt help...
so i put the $20 in my wallet wen i go out everyday..this wae,b4 i wanna spend on something..i'll see how much i hav left 4 the week n so i always end up buying the cheap food or not eating...

hope this helps u...

Ok, dude who posted this, here is an easy way not to overspend in school. Daily money, take out a portion, put in drawer. Never failed for me. No money = cannot buy food = wont overspend.

Back