How students raise $100?

haha...height and weight dun matters in guitar playing la...its not like u can play better if u r as tall as Yao Ming...oh ya..congrats to Tany for his 1000th posting..haha

Nefianz said:
itachy oso from nyp ah? haa.. doesn't mean every break u gotta eat or drink smt wad.. got break n i've eaten i'll go to e-learning n come to soft n look see..

haha...basically i only will have one break most of the time..so i will eat during that break...so nefianz..what course u in?

Mr_X said:
OIE SHUDDUP.... :oops: .....its no joke bloody hell. pre-Poly check up, they doc diagnosed that i have high blood pressure. i can go anytime u know. its no joke.
wah! your condition so fierce ah? try to go on an itachi diet lor... :oops:

haha..pls...dun do my kind of diet..damn unhealthy...jus try to eat more healthy and do exercise..jus carrying ur guitar and run around the house and play...tts what i do at home..haha

i'm in mechatronics 3rd year.. how abt ya?

btw tt's some cool fishes.. looks kinda prehistoric, well a lil'

star's method to saving $ for aerodyne ( i hope this is useful :D)

1) bring a big water bottle (1-2l)
2) aim to finish the water bottle 2-3 times a day
3) preferably finish 1/2 the bottle at 2 hours intervals

seriouslly its not harmful so as long as it isnt excessive . this is because most of us actually dont drink sufficicent water in a day. secondly , plain cheap ol tapwater would suffice, replicating it with coke is an unnecessary expense and something easily forgoable. excess water in your body ? piss it out , no worries about something like slim 10 or something. BUT , there is a limit. dont try to totally fast track it and guzzle down something like 10 l of water at one shot. the body can only take so much. push your body beyond it and your life may be at risk.

how else do you think bangladeshi workers survive out there in the hotfields and sun ? water is the key and heavy dinners too.

method 2 :

dont go out for one month. the $ you save from weekends is probably more than sufficient.

method 3 :

do it the fasting way. wake up at 6 , eat till you are about to explode , fast from 6 am to 6 pm , then eat dinner at night.

MichaelAngelo said:
wah!! Mr X so good sia....we all admire your BMI...hehe...im in TP btw, haha.

eat the muslim food from design... around $2 for a decent plate. rice+sausage+veg+drumstick. then either drink water or buy the green tea from the bookshop (or ITAS if the temp stall is still there) cos it's cheaper there. i'm with you bro! saving for pedal! :D

MichaelAngelo said:
Hey guys, i need to raise $100 to get a guitar from a fellow softie, but im finding it extremely difficult! Im a polytechnic student, and have very long school hours, 8am to 7pm on monday n tuesday, 9am to 6pm on the other weekdays. I get $10 pocket money a day, have high metabolism(which means that sandwich i bring to sch almost counts as nothing compared to how much i consume in the long school hours)

Some might say that with my $10 a day, $100 is an easy sum, but its not easy in reality! I have to support my other hobby too...keeping predatory fish...and I have to buy live fish for them to eat(about $2 a day). I am trying to convert them fishes to take rotten "CONSUME BY TODAY" prawns from NTUC, so far some have taken to it. :oops:

So, any ideas how you guys do it? Thanks! :)
1. Dont Surf AF until u save $100
2. Sell some extra predetory fish u dun need
3. Try to cut down on food in school.
:lol:

hahaha...i cant dun surf AF until i get $100! Cannot tahan, im much more addicted to AF than to SOFT. And i feel like selling away my green to get a G2 red, but stupid Qian Hu sell the spoil market price for greens...so nows not a good time to sell. :?

Oh, im in Applied Science school...first year in biomed/tech btw. Just loaded myself with that $1.60 fried rice again. lol...lets see how much i save at the end of today. :)

Eat or be eaten

Let me contribute my 2 cents worth -- maybe you shpuld catch some longkang fishes once a week then you van eat well and save the $2 fish food and in 50 days you have $100

next option is to do some part time job during your poly vavcation with $30 a day u need only 4 days to save $100 assuming u spend $20 during the 4 days for transport and and makan! Work hard no other way a cos u can't eat your cake and still have your cake for tomorrow,! hhahah! no Kidding !

Jr-V said:
eh...how come ur catfish died?? it dived out? Poor fishhh
haha, i think it got attacked by birds. Cos when i found it breathing its last few breaths and all bloodied, there was loads of birdshit around its tub. :?

I think the key word here is discipline. You say you have a high metabolism, but usually, its more of a case of being used to having meals.

If you are dead serious on this (which you are) every morning, before you go off, drop $4 into a box and go to school.

$6 - $2 (food for fish) = $4... which you can get...

1 Loaf of Gardenia Rasin Bread @ $2. (You wouldn't believe how filling this thing is, plus it got vitamins and great fibre)

1 plate of $2 rice for dinner.

Breakfast is impt but lunch is alright to skip since you are in school, sitting down listening most of the time. Dinner is supposed to be a small matter anyway, you're going to sleep too.

Of course, don't overdo it... if you feel horrid, need to eat, go grab some cash out of the box and get a good meal.

We're looking at about 1 mth to 1 mth 2 wks to get your $100.

Back