gt-2

Dun get me wrong

haha.. imho, Jekyll & Hyde is the best bec it has both distortion & overdrive. im not argueing or wat, jus voicing out.

I have one. I think it's great for recording but not that great as a distortion pedal for playing. It doesn't give me that good vibe, but that's just my opinion. Everyone here seems to like it. I lent it to my friend and he said it sucks the tone of his ds-1. I would use it for recording, not playing. (unless you stick it into a clean monitor/keyboard amp)

Pier.

as to what lppier said..

is eeveryone using it in front of a clean amp? just wondering
cos its actually not really design for that purpose

Re: Dun get me wrong

neuro182 said:
haha.. imho, Jekyll & Hyde is the best bec it has both distortion & overdrive. im not argueing or wat, jus voicing out.

I don't know how you could say something is "the best" when you've never heard the alternatives. See my logic? Ok la whatever.

Hmm

Vaiyen lyk u said, how can define the best when u haven heard of the rest. I totally agree, but wat if I told u I'd heard the rest & still think that my choice is the best?

If GT-2 is realli good, surely got lotsa people buying it. No doubt, I'll still hold on to what I blif.

Thanks for the wonderful lesson.

Well, you've never heard the GT-2. And there ARE lots of people buying it.
Alright this is getting old. I'm outta here.

No offences

No offences but I guess we're entitled to our own view isnt it? Sorrie if I sound stubborn, its jus me.

cmon guys, can we posts without getting offended by someone else or offending people...forums posts simply voice out opinions, lets not get so touchy,oraits peace :D

on to other matters, the gt-2 is designed more as a pre-amp rather than traditional stompbox...it will sound better direct into the mix than putting it in front of an amp together with your pedals

nah I don't think anyone's offended. Sometimes discussion can get heated, but not to the point of hostility. This is how mature people handle their debates. We are reasonable folks here.
Valuable input nonetheless, cereal.

Haha

Vaiyen is rite.. I mean I'm not offended, but I gladly apologise if I happen to offend people by mistakes.

cereal said:
the gt-2 is designed more as a pre-amp rather than traditional stompbox...it will sound better direct into the mix than putting it in front of an amp together with your pedals

What is put into the mix. Sorry im newbie.

Put into the mix means sticking the output of the GT2 direct into a mixer into the PA system.

Pier.

yeah i kinda agree wit pier. I have one too. It's good. Very clean and CLEAR pedal. Brings your notes OUTTTT. and i really mean out. :D :D

It's really great for solos. When u dunt wan too much distortion and when u really wan to hear your notes clearly.It can even turn your HUM HUM guitar into a single coil sounding.(I toggled around wit the tweed channel) Really great imo.

But the problem that i encounter was the GAIN. I felt that it didn't have enof gain. It's a bit too clean. Again this is to my opinion. It's quite hard for me to use it to play aggressive metal riffings. At first i thought it was my guitar.My ibanez stock pickups are really weak. I tried with an ibanez rg prestige2570 dimarzio ibz pickups. Same thing. Just can't get that OOMPH chuga chuga.

Putting a ds-1 b4 it will work as a booster for more gain? :?

Man, the GT2 has staggering amounts of gain!!! In fact, it goes chugga chugga with my Dimarzio Breed bridge (at that time) pup.... and the gain's at 12. ;)

Usually stock pups wouldn't bring you into chugga chugga territory, there are some I've tried that do an ok job but those are far and few between.

Besides, unless you are into extreme metal, why use so much gain? It compresses your tone a lot and makes your dynamics less obvious.

Hmmm... I still don't think the ds-1 is a good booster for chugga chugga rhythm. :wink:

Agree with ShredCow... ds1 not suited for metal/hard hitting rhythms.

on a separate note... ShredCow, since u've tried TriAC and GT2... care to share with us the differences?

thor666 said:
Agree with ShredCow... ds1 not suited for metal/hard hitting rhythms.

on a separate note... ShredCow, since u've tried TriAC and GT2... care to share with us the differences?

Well, I've written abit abt it somewhere... hahaha..

Ok, the GT2 is more modern voiced and has more gain. Plus, its slightly more tweakable with its mic placing switches and gain modes switches.

Bad stuff? On brit or mesa settings, set the gain past 1 oclock, there's noise. Plus there's no mid control. And don't think abt going vintage. Plus, only 1 footswitch, its more of an on-off pedal.

Good? It thrashes every other hi gain pedal out there in terms of versatility, modern TONE and sensitivity. Its like you're playing thru a tube amp. And you can go chugga chugga easily.

The Tri AC is more vintage sounding and has less gain. Got a mid control and 3 switches to switch between the modes. Gain at 3 oclock on Tri AC is equal to GT2's gain at 12.

Bad stuff? Its got lower gain, NOT for metal on its own. With a booster pedal like a TS9, then you can go crazy. Of course, its vintage sounding so its not going to sound very modern but that can be tweaked via pedals.

Good? Its got 3 footswtiches, more viable live. Its DAMN sensitive, very tube-ish. Controls are incredibilty sensitive and they interact with each other a lot so it takes a lot of time to tweak but in the end, you can control your tone down to the minute details. Did I say its got 3 footswitches?

All in all, these pedals are excellent stuff, but they require you to tweak. And tweak a lot you must. Otherwise, if you don't know what you want, but you want it fast, chances are you'll conclude they suck because you can't get the tone you want.

I took a solid 1 week of tweaking before I found a nice tone on the Tri AC.

hey guys...where can i buy boss gt-8 or line6 podxt live besides swee lee n citymusic....maybe other places sell cheaper...thankz guyz!!

i think sweelee & citymusic are exclusive dealers for boss and line6 respectively. u'll have to try out of singapore for cheaper rates.

Hi

Swee Lee deals Boss & City Music deals Line6.

I'm intending to get the PODXTLive too but according to City Music, it'll be out later this month. Maybe u wld like to give dem a call?

Back