goals as a musician?

My goal as a musician is to promote piano music outside the concert hall and give the piano a place in rock music....

If I have the money , I'll rent a grand piano and play it at gigs....don't call me crazy or weird but that's my ultimate goal as a musician lah.... 8)

I wanna perform to a crowd of 250 000 and have them jumping and screaming and moshing and swooning like mad. :twisted:

Above all, I wanna be happy just making music! Give others a peek into my thoughts through my songs ;)

i wanna be a rock n roll guitarist. revolutionise rock n roll. n i my dream, haha, is to play in an AC/DC cover band. name it SG/DC. haha yeesh...

Candie: give me the tix, i will stand among the 250000. :)

Angus: Paint the singapore flag on your face! haha .. so patriotic

I want to understand and appreciate the depth and meaning of the expression of music .... and be able to materialise it on the fretboard.

to have fun with my buddies, gig whenever there is a chance to, compose originals with my buddies and die a happy musician, be friends with other musicians and just enjoy playing! :)

strats said:
has anyone cried listening to songs? as in instrumentals.. no emo punk crap thingy

Yea, if u consider voice as an instrument. Heard the Singapore Bible Colledge choir sing O Magnum Mysterium. Simply beautiful. Tears juz rolled down my cheeks.

To be a guitarist, bassist, keyboardist (terminology), vocalist, songwriter and then revive classic Rock.

strats said:
has anyone cried listening to songs? as in instrumentals.. no emo punk crap thingy

Yeah... Steve Vai's Tender Surrender. Awefully sweet...

Btw, how can anyone cry to emo punk stuff? :wink:

Haven't cried before, but emotional yes. Goosepimples yes.

Layla - Derek And The Dominos
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Ten Years Gone - Led Zeppelin
Little Wing - Derek And The Dominos (Hendrix's doesn't appeal as much to me)
Hurricane - Bob Dylan
Overture - The Who
A Day In The Life - The Beatles
Cause We've Ended As Lovers - Jeff Beck
Definitely Maybe - Jeff Beck Group
Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles
Hey Jude - The Beatles
Got To Get You Into My Life - The Beatles
She's Leaving Home - The Beatles
White Room - Cream
Child In Time - Deep Purple
November Rain - Guns N' Roses
Hey Joe - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
We're Not Gonna Take It - The Who
Love Reign O'er Me - The Who
Christmas - The Who

Blah, among others. Don't call me an unsentimental fluke.

Back