G3 or G-strin*?...oOpz.

Re: Hmm

neuro182 said:
This year G3 wld focus on 3 original stars - SATCH, VAI & PETRUCCI!!

I cant wait to get my hands on e DVD.

might be extra boring with petrucci's un-melodic constant shredding :lol: , but i'm getting it coz i'm a G3 fan, but i still think the best line-up so far was with johnson, bring balance to the force :lol:

Hee

Actually, if I'm not wrong, G3 tour is over le. On the website, it says that Oct 25th they releasing the G3 DVD whEe!@! Gonna head down to Penin to buy it man!

Re: Hmm

jeremyrozario said:
neuro182 said:
This year G3 wld focus on 3 original stars - SATCH, VAI & PETRUCCI!!

I cant wait to get my hands on e DVD.

might be extra boring with petrucci's un-melodic constant shredding :lol: , but i'm getting it coz i'm a G3 fan, but i still think the best line-up so far was with johnson, bring balance to the force :lol:

John Petrucci is still not so boring yet. I find Malmsteener's riff & solo abit more recycled than Petty boy's one.

why not have angelo and malmsteen on stage together.

they'd probably cut each other's throats hahaha :twisted:

i think players like slash wouldn't really fit into the theme of G3.....it was conceived as a get together by satch but steered more towards virtuosos than just players, if you get what i mean.

If so, many guitar players would have already been invited.....it does not mean slash is not good, there are just as many great players out there. Sure he'd given november rain....sweet child...a load of other songs cult status, but it's a different game when it comes to virtuosity.

My votes would go to Andy Timmons, Shawn Lane (RIP) and maybe Tak Matsumoto....loads more but would like to see some of these interact with vai and satch right now.

jeremyroz: care to elaborate why petrucci sounds un-melodic to you?

Haha

Haha I noticed G3 thru'out the years very standard 1. Sure got Joe Satch (duhx) & Steve Vai (woot!?) + 1 more guest star, most prob wld be John Petrucci.

I wonder how many songs does Satch & Vai haf to last them thru so many G3, maybe some he re-used.

I'm watching the G3 video with Eric Johnson.

Re: Haha

neuro182 said:
Haha I noticed G3 thru'out the years very standard 1. Sure got Joe Satch (duhx) & Steve Vai (woot!?) + 1 more guest star.

Truly a stupendous, astute observation. I wouldn't have been able to spot that.

Re: Haha

Vaiyen said:
neuro182 said:
Haha I noticed G3 thru'out the years very standard 1. Sure got Joe Satch (duhx) & Steve Vai (woot!?) + 1 more guest star.

Truly a stupendous, astute observation. I wouldn't have been able to spot that.

Mr Sarca is back!! *RUN*

captainobvious9qd.jpg

*pipes in powerpuff girls music*

wangdexian said:
Eddie Van Halen.
And slash didn't revive the LP, there was Clapton way before him and people like Joe Perry.
i mentioned that he revived the Les Paul after it suffered a decline in popularity for some years. Yup, clapton was way before him, the decline probably started some time after clapton.

yupz althou i'm a slash fans...but i think that slash wont fit in...i think mabbe they invite some other wonderful guitarist like joe perrry and richie sambora and mabbe some good singers to sing for them?...juz like a party kind of thing..sure rocks man!...

Back