G3 or G-strin*?...oOpz.

blackelements

well i'm wondering who u think should be the latest G3 guitarist?...steve vai joe satriani + malmsteen or +john petrucci or mabbe....slash? well don need to be real..juz put yr fav guitarist in and imagine him playing in the G3 tour!.. :D cool!

slash is not THAT good you know?

there are so many more guitarists that are way better than slash

nak said:
slash is not THAT good you know?

there are so many more guitarists that are way better than slash
yea im aware of that...technical wise he is not great, but his appeal is soooo great...lol...and his solos have that sort of feel that hardly anyone can create...woooo..lol..

which john mayer?

the 1 sang my body in wonderland?

ever seen him played. SONG! i saw him played at the clapton crossroad guitar festival at arts central

IMO, slash is good but not good enough for g3. He's a good blues rock player, but that is not what g3 stands for - extraordinary, groundbreaking performers that make you go wow.

Vaiyen said:
IMO, slash is good but not good enough for g3.
i think his style is such that he wont work well with other guitarists, he's just reaaaaal great at making a song sound DAMN GOOD with his "how-the-hell-did-he-come-up-with-that?!?!" solos!! weet weew! lol...

though slash doesn't have the proficiency of a 'virtuoso', i think he has that appeal and ability to make an okay-kinda song into a world hit, and you gotta agree, he belongs to those in the top class bracket.

i think..i'd love to see someone like zakk wylde (though his drinking antics wouldn't probably hit off well with sat or vai, haha...) or maybe they should go with someone younger? like alexi laiho? though i don't exactly dig this genre, i think that he is someone 'to watch' through the next couple of decades should nothing happen to him. yupz...

shredders aside, there're people like eric clapton, even santana?

I agree he plays for the song, and does a great job. But his solos are hardly revolutionary la. I think they are a bunch of blues/rock licks clumped together. They sound good no doubt.

Latest posts

Back