santana?
tom delonge?
alexi laiho?
michael angelo?

even worse..
MICHAEL JACKSON

i think the nose will drop from head banging or shredding

Vaiyen said:
I agree he plays for the song, and does a great job. But his solos are hardly revolutionary la.
got leh! classics like sweet child o mine(his work on the Wah pedal), Knockin on heaven's door(OMG how did he come up with sth so fitting for a song?!), november rain(also dunno how he came up with such stuff)...yea...IMO, those songs contain revolutionary solos.

And he also revived the Les Paul, which suffered a decline in popularity for some years, before he suddenly made it "cool" again. Thats revoluntionary! hehe...

*Read about that in a book, "History Of The Electric Guitar".

like I said, all blues/rock licks which were around way before he came. He just arranged them in such a way that they sound good.
but you are entitled to a different opinion la.

anw g3 should be balanced out, you can have joe and steve shredding, tapping and sweeping their ibanez equipped asses off, then you need some blues player to soothen things out with some soulfuly melodic riffs

anw G3 live in tokyo DVD being released 25th october, any1 interested, i wanna get

rusty cooley..I don't think he is established enough. g3 only invites the big names it seems.
besides, isn't he playing the same thing as all the neoclassical shredders, just only faster?

MichaelAngelo said:
nak said:
slash is not THAT good you know?

there are so many more guitarists that are way better than slash
yea im aware of that...technical wise he is not great, but his appeal is soooo great...lol...and his solos have that sort of feel that hardly anyone can create...woooo..lol..

i bet neil zaza can make you feel like you're about to cry.

spikes said:
nak said:
slash is not THAT good you know?

there are so many more guitarists that are way better than slash

i think you'd better watch what you say...
Agreed. The pentatonic scale WOULD get boring after an hour...but being a HUGE HUGE Metallica fan, I must say with Kirk it would not be too much different :lol:

Anubitsch said:
joe should quit coz his head is too shiny. so it all comes down to angelo, vai, pg.

u cant take joe out lah, G3 is his idea rite? anyway, shiny head gd mah, suit his chromeboy

Hmm

This year G3 wld focus on 3 original stars - SATCH, VAI & PETRUCCI!!

I cant wait to get my hands on e DVD.

Shawn Lane (RIP) or Bumblefoot would be a good choice. I heard that Vai gets uncomfortable when Shawn Lane is mentioned...

Bumblefoot's Guitars Suck! would be the new anthem of G3!
*beep* Dude, guitars suck. Guitars Suck! GUITARS... SUCK!

Or maybe his song I Can't Play the Blues... "With all the tricks and trinkets that I always use, I ain't got much choice, I can't play the blues..."

Both songs were intended to poke fun at the typical shredders. lol

Back