*G.R.I.N.* @ Ngee Ann Poolside~~~

they want the 5C's!!!!

awesome man, fgl bro...too bad didn't have chance to say hello to u...coz had to leave earlier with bandmates to share cab...haha...

Thank Yous.

Thank you to the sound crew, for keeping things together.

Thank you to the dude from Thambi Kaeysiao (dunno how ya spell it) for helping the sound crew with the balance.

Thank you to the sponsors who made this possible.

Thank you to the audience, who made this feel like a success.. though I think.. we could do better (total ppl count was about 300+, going in and out)

Thank you most of all.... the bands that put in the time and effort to come down. I really hope dinner was good, and ya all enjoyed it. I would love to have said more, but right there and then I was kinda tired... too tired to even be able to create small talk.... or so it sometimes felt like.

Two noted really good bands were Flawed Element and Retro Groove. If you guys are looking for a band to play for your gig, band to close the night with groovy groovy hits, a band... that is responsible, friendly and easy to work with. These guys really are the best. No problems at all, great performance... Save when Joe got stuck in the lift..

Note though: Donations were pathetic... Next time I'm charging $2 for registration for audience and $3 per band for auditions..... all proceeds still go to charity, I'll find enough sponsorship somehow. Where's all the empathy and sympathy for the China Quake and Myanmar Cyclone victims!!!! Simply vanished upon the sight of beer...... LOL

Am really grateful anyway, that this got together somehow, the weather was dry and cool, and.. alot of other things.. Pictures are with me! Add me on msn: fresh_apricotz@hotmail.com to ask me for pics? Am not likely to send them otherwise. I'm gonna take a long long break from emails.

Goodnight y'all!!! For any of the bands who are looking for bigger better gigs, I WILL write you guys a testimonial and get NP to chop, sign, endorse it if you need one. But expect that I will be truthful in stating your shortcomings in a tactful manner, though am likely to emphasize on your better qualities.

Love,
Tired, Happy Wanda

Good to see the local scene prosper.

And do help the community. Sichuan Charity Show on tv on sunday night.

I felt sad on how these people are suffering right now. Loosing their loves ones and their homes. So do help them. Its not a laughing matter.

So do help.

Anyways Wanda, sorry can't go and experience your event. I got gig too. Faraway from NP.

Hope it all went well. :) cheers to the local music.

Flawed Element , I played your song on the gig. As in the song from the Lime Cd. THE CROWD LOVES IT LAH!

One day I should invite you guys!

Cheers,
Raman.

flawed element was AWESOME!

the singer has a really unique voice. that kinda scream but not death/screamo kind. linkin park chester that kind (DAMN HARD TO DO!!!)

rock on! :)

Wadoooh..
Ku totally missed this!
damn.

i should have gone to this thing rather than go to karaoke just now before i do my nite shift!

eventhough karaoke-ing was fun, this is something that i really shuden have missed!

anyways, to the organisers: congratulations 4 organising such a successful gig/concert!!

:)

-Support LocaL Scene. :] Support LocaL Scene. :] Support Local Scene-

Oh no.

Dear People,
i hope u guys can donate too..

i mean enjoy is still enjoy
but charity is still charity

Try to think of a little kid in China now who can't even here a song except,
the cries of the unfortunate.

yeah.i wasn't there to donate as well.
but i'll try my best to give out some bucks.

suddenly i feel sad for the victims lah.

:(

nite2 now. peace.

Thanks Wanda & the team, we had a great time. If you require our services in future dont hesitate to contact us (schedule permiting).

Sorry me & my bassist didnt go up for the official dinner as I was with soft friends Tetra & Rudimental drummer having a nice cold one downstairs and talkin shop. Thanks dudes for the pix & vids (hopefully to be posted here soon).

Wanda, I also pologize for missing the collective group GRIN picture.

We hope the NP crowd enjoyed our set and our brand of "modernized" old school hits. lolz now its back to various corporate gigs for the next few weeks.... starting with another 3 sets at the British Club poolside gig tomorrow afternoon (basket damm hot and tiring!)

Shamraj - nice to finally meet U at the gig.

Crossfire & friends - cheers & thanks for coming down.

D'rulez hahah too bad ..we link up next time bro.

Once again a big thank you to all concerned with this event.

D.Young1 - laaa ..next time come down and support lah ..got one more in the pipeline. Trust me, you will luv it ;)

Totally, awesome. All the bands were great! Retro Groove finished the night off wonderfully! :p

Nice meeting you and David Mars.And ncie meeting FGL too.Hahahaha,Shyam from Withered Tree and Thambi K Siao was high on alcohol last night?Photos will be up soon.I liked Cig Sex GNR tribute and the XJapan Tribute band the most.

Thank You

Hey Everyone,
We would like to thank everybody who came down and supported this event.. Special thanx to the organizers for having us.. Thanx for the beer too :-D... and Thambi K Siaow for the alchohol and fun.. Hope everyone made donations ( we did !! ).. We had good time hope we can do this again. Thanx wanda and co...

To the dude who played the compilation, Its nice to know that our song is being played at your gig too. Thanx for the support and keep promoting local acts.. Keeps the scene alive..

For more updates on Flawed Element.. please visit our myspace..

MySpace.com - Flawed Element - SG - Metal / Rock / Industrial - www.myspace.com/flawedelement

EP coming out soon.. Those of you who would like a copy (we are taking pre - orders) or wanna contact us... just send us a message on our myspace or e-mail us - flawedelement@yahoo.com... can also contact Joe - 98819551..

Once again thanx alot everyone... Keep on Rockin

Spread The Word
Flawed Element

Nice meeting you and David Mars.And ncie meeting FGL too.Hahahaha,Shyam from Withered Tree and Thambi K Siao was high on alcohol last night?Photos will be up soon.I liked Cig Sex GNR tribute and the XJapan Tribute band the most.

Hey dude, were U the guys we met at Bukit Timah Al Amein late nite supper?

Yeah Shyam was pretty wasted, encroaching the stage area to offer my female vox more beer ... ;)

Hey dude, were U the guys we met at Bukit Timah Al Amein late nite supper?

Yeah Shyam was pretty wasted, encroaching the stage area to offer my female vox more beer ... ;)

Nope,I was with Crozzfire and David and we said hi to you after your set ended.They went for supper after that at Bukit Timah Al Amein?I didn't know,I only knew they were going for supper but I didn't went.

Nope,I was with Crozzfire and David and we said hi to you after your set ended.They went for supper after that at Bukit Timah Al Amein?I didn't know,I only knew they were going for supper but I didn't went.

OH HAHAHA WRONG PERSON, :confused: WE MET ONE OF THE OTHER BANDS AT bUKIT tIMAH ...

HOPE TO SEE U & CROSSFIRE'S BAND GIGGIN SOON BRO ..CHEERS & THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT! :D

You met us... Flawed Element... Your set awesome man!!! Love the 5c song... And Fiona can really sing man.... Hope to share the same stage with you again...

Keep On Rocking

You met us... Flawed Element... Your set awesome man!!! Love the 5c song... And Fiona can really sing man.... Hope to share the same stage with you again...

Keep On Rocking

oh hahaha ..yeah nice meetin U dudes ... :D

Thanx for compliments ..yeah - she has come along nicely since I first discovered her over 9 months ago - Once she's ready she will fully front RG ...

Yeah bros it would be our honour to share the stage with U guys again...anytime.

Flawed Element and Retro Groove! Woo~~! You guys are my fav bands last night.

Big thank you for people who supported the gig and our X japan tribute band Slapshocked. We had a awesome (and very tiring) set! Our videos for last night's gig are up on youtube at the following link

YouTube - feng125's Channel

Dudes from Flawed Element: I HAVE VIDS OF 3 OF YOUR SONGS. Do let me know the names of your 2nd, 3rd (Worms on Concrete?) and 4th song so i can upload them with their song names for you guys!

PS: Rudimental drummer was there?! Saw his posts on drummers thread often but have never met him. Shucks i would have said hi had i known.

Latest posts

Back