*G.R.I.N.* @ Ngee Ann Poolside~~~

Singapore X japan......wow i wonder which band is that since xjapan is one of my tops fav

When you saw this particular X-japan cover band playin at youth park in june last year, you know you gotta see them again at this gig. ;)

If only this gig did not fall in between my 2 papers, I'll definitely go for it. Hell, I will even get my band to audition, but jsut too bad. :???: Hope there'll be a next time.

All the best to all bands performing and have a kickass fun time!

Rock never dies ! \m/

*whimpers*

I am so bloody tired....

Had all the auditions today.. from 11-3 then had to work from 4-11pm.... Totally shagged...

Thanks guys all the same, for coming down for the auditions. It's really because we've got you guys that this gig seems to be getting together, and becoming something.. Ya know.. to the bands who have tried out, sent me applications and stuff?? Really hope you guys can come watch this gig even if you're not in...

Most of the time.. it feels like.. if I don't choose this band, it was simply because there's someone better... Just simply... maybe another band just had a lil more something, a lil more tight, a lil better sound control, a lil better tone, a lil better vocalist, a lil better stage presence, a lil a lil a lil.. and we only can pick this many bands.. it's pretty tough a decision for us to make too...

Btw, just wanna reiterate.. we're auditing simply because... I suppose whoever's reading this thread, and the NP ppl, they all have pretty high expecations from this gig... we need the best bands we can get for one, and another reason would be because we don't have enough time to audit you as you would be most comfortable (like going for your jams) or i'd really prefer to do it that way.. It's more fair, and more enjoyable for us all....

Am really doing my very very best to get the performing bands better equipment at this point in time, as well as a proper stage. Budget is really very tight... *sighs, crosses fingers and prays for miracle*

Wish me luck... I neeeeeed it.....

*dies off*

faq: Why Wanda?? Why are you doing this???

Wanda: Cause I love music and I truly wish for local musicians to have more different platforms to perform, and for local bands to not be coaxed/hoaxed into being free labour. Though the bands playing are not paid in cash, I will treat each and every musician with respect and provided all of them with the best I can afford at this point in time, as well as to make the gig as big and glamorous as I can with whatever budget I have, so that the bands get the recognition, publicity and attention they need. For all that we lack in terms of budget, time, experience, connections, the *G.R.I.N.* team will make up for it in sheer hard work. Simply for the love of doing it all.

Stop asking me this question!!!! NO I'M NOT DOING IT FOR MONEY!!! I WOULDN'T GO THROUGH SO MUCH FOR MONEY... twits..... there're so many easier ways to get rich fast.. like playing bacarat or poker... lol

X Japan Tribute band?

Come down support and JUMP! JUMP! JUMP!

X!!!

Yeah Wanda appreciate what everything you're going through. Rock on.

For now confirmed bands are:

Cigarette Sex - Guns and Roses Tribute
Slapshocked - X Japan Tribute
Avis - Muse Tribute

Flawed Element - Original Band

Retro Groove - Closing, Dance hits band.

We are still in the midst of choosing one last band.... probably the opening band for the whole event.. and it's a real headache.... Please do give us more time as we look and relook the bands which have auditioned, as well as all the video and audio recordings we have received.

Once again, thank you very very very very much to all the bands who came down to audition for this gig... I really appreciate all the time put into practicing as well as coming down for the auditions and all.

Dear bands which have applied, registered, auditioned or whatever else.... but have not been chosen. I really hope to see you guys at the gig.

Here I speak as a person, who has watched over 30 bands in 4 days (mini, super-long rock concert???), and who knows a lil about music, here and there.. I've learnt alot from watching all of you... and for giving me that opportunity to observe you and learn whatever I can, I sincerely thank all bands who auditioned, all over again and would like to invite all of you to come for the gig, so that you can perhaps watch these bands, and learn from them as I have learnt from all of you.

Please do register with me as a guest at this event so that I can ensure that you will receive additional benefits that members of the public are not entitled to. =P

Final list of bands will be released tomorrow after I'm done listening to all the recordings tonight..

Good night ppl... finally I can get some shut eye

Love,
Wanda

WOOOHOO Wanda,

looking forward to see U on sat.

Here's an open invite to all softies to come on down & PARTY! :mrgreen:

hey ..since it's like a charity (in aid of the Red Cross of SG) maybe all bands could like congregate for the final or encore item for a joint sing along - something like a "we are the world" thingy ....?

Last edited:
woohoo fgl bro...just make sure u give us some hints n i'll make sure my band start chanting encore for u!

hahahah no need encore lah bro - last song (since we the last band anyways) i just invite all bands onstage we perform / jam and sing the "whatever" song together lah ... Retro will have at least 4 vocal mikes on stage so should be ok mah ...

but have to give some hints b4hand wat "watever" song tat is first...or else later we all go up there zuoboh...hahaha...

Weird....

Feels a lil like people are more interested in the auditions than the gig itself.. LOL. maybe cause it's all musicians in this forum.

Btw, looks like we possibly, maybe, probably, don't have the budget for a stage. Soooo.... *grin* dear audience, please refrain from trying to rip your beloved idols off 'stage'. But, am doing what I can to get reasonably good sound equipment..

need sleep....

Have officially graduated today, from TP!!! <lame shit... whahaha

Lotsa bad news!

1. No stage - Unless we can justify how is it that stage rental is almost as expensive as music equipment. lol

2. No tentage - Area which the gig is at is difficult to construct tentage on.

What does this mean... If it rains.. the gig will be cancelled. (events ppl say we should put chilli everywhere... some superstition)

Good luck to us all.

Btw, *G.R.I.N.* is likely to become a quaterly affair... so even if this doesn't come true now, it will in a couple of months. (thinks about bugging NP into buying a stage with tentage... save cost, save time, save energy..)

WandaFoo said: Lotsa bad news!

1. No stage - Unless we can justify how is it that stage rental is almost as expensive as music equipment. lol
fgl says : Stage or no stage we rock!!!

2. No tentage - Area which the gig is at is difficult to construct tentage on.
fgl says: How about relocation to the sports hall or other covered venue if it rains during the initial equipt set up.

What does this mean... If it rains.. the gig will be cancelled. (events ppl say we should put chilli everywhere... some superstition)
fgl says: Guess if it rains we just have to finish off all that non soft drink - would be a shame to waste it

Good luck to us all.
fgl says: yeah BREAK A LEG to all of us

Latest posts

Back