female drummers

Actually there are many GD female drummer...everywhere..jus that they are low-profile mah. They dun surf forum etc etc...

i know many whom play just for the passion as a pasttime but nt interested in playing gigs/ competition ...

Samantha Maloney! She appeared on the Motley Crue live DVD/VCD "Lewd, Crued & Tattooed" where she went on tour standing in for the then-ailing Randy Castillo (RIP) on drums.

Even though she had some missed beats here and there, I actually thought she did a pretty good job playing those Motley Crue classics.

DrumologY said:
Anyway you guys and gals do check out Carola Grey who is one of the famous female drummer beside Terri Lyne Carrington, Sheila E. and Cindy Blackman.

:smt036

Hey, you know who Carola Grey is? She's great!!! She's from Germany and a really respected bebop & modern jazz drummer. She was here about 10 years ago and played with Singaporean jazz pianist Mei Sheum, Australian upright bassist, Belinda Moody and British Jazz singer, Claire Foster. I think they did JakJazz (Jakarta Jazz Festival) and continued their tour here. Carola kicked some major butt at Harry's and the now-defunct Jeremy's when she sat in and jammed! She made a few male drummers afraid to take the stage after her. Hahaha!!

yeah i tink female drummers are cool..from wat i know..i dun really know any female drummers...and i dun know gals would like playing drums..haha tat's from wat i know..no offense.. :lol:

khaninawatsibai said:
there r female drummers tht r gd. one of the bands i used to play for had this sweet 21 to 23 somewhere-ard-there female drummer. n looks can b deceiving. band is black metal. n she can grind n double pads at 16th note 200bpm constantly.

sadly,she had little to no volume on her kicks and grinding...
still good though.

I don't see female drummers around too... But I saw a female bassist and she kick serious ass... She can hold the beat and groove so well that the whole band rely on her. On her gigging day, the drummer screw up but she continue with the actual beat and the drummer was able to get back on track by following her.

Oooooh... the drummer was a guy and that particular bassist was just average looking but enough to blow head and own the lead guitarist (another guy).

It is great to see ladies who have passion in what they do. This may be the vary reason why they are cool...

http://www.phantomblue.com/sounds.htm

they've been around for quite a while now, punchy chick rock drumming here [studio/click effecient too] check out her drum-works on 'my turn' n 'i'm so happy' clips.

i like the last line of her bio : " We as a group, PHANTOM BLUE are just as hard hitting and aggressive as any guy band out there, we just don't have d*cks!!!"

lol! ok i shall put down my strings and start playing the drums. hahaha. aye actually i tried playing the drums... but i can never coordinate. :(

Back