female drummers

true points there turbo, but don't forget that for many of us, the will to learn and the passion that drives us will carry us quite far as well. :)

Hmmm... I'm not sure if it's always true that male drummers have more stamina than female drummers. Though physiologically men have more upper body strength than women; and since playing drums requires quite a bit of upper body endurance, so theoretically guys can play harder and longer than women.

But we all know that stamina can be built up and it does depend more on the strength of your heart (cardio/ aerobic) and the commitment to staying fit.

I remember working behind the scenes when Sheila E was here last year. She played really energetically, even getting off-stage to run around, dance and sing (and stay in pitch!). Backstage the rest of the guys were so pooped, but Sheila was still going strong. And from the looks of it Sheila was much fitter than the guys.

Perhaps girl drummers give up drums before guys do, because they feel that there's no future in playing drums. Afterall there aren't many role models to emulate, esp in Spore.

of course, there'll always be outstanding ones in any kinda group.

perhaps i should add the word "generally".

erm, so generally, males have more stamina than females.

i got owned by my friend, a lady currently at my age. lol. i hated her at 1st coz the 1st time i met her is on the church drumset jamming. i got booted put of the drum seat coz i cant do a fill-in at that time, and she could. but we're friends now. haha.

sure a female drummer will kick some ass as a date! i would definitely love to have such a girl as a date or maybe a shredder. :D
that would be so cool!

hahaha hot guitarist? What's abt Spider from the movie School of Rock? that guy with the telecaster...is he hot :lol:

Back