drum software to improve tracks?

bedokkids

hi,

i used the guitar pro to key in drum pattern in notation style,
however the present drum sound doesnt sound realistic at all,
and thus i exported it as mid file, hoping to find some program to further improve it.

i heard alot of available drum software, what can i do on my next step?

many thanks

Most of the available DAW on the market today have some sort of dedicated drum sampler. From NI's battery to FL studio's FPC. However if you're looking for a standalone professional application the popular ones are Addictive Drums, EZDrummer and Drumkit From Hell.
For cheaper options, try Reaper's ReaDrums. (shareware) If you know your way around a DAW then there are also a ton of free drum sampler VSTs out there.

I think it's not the software that is not giving realistic drum sound, but it's the drum samples libraries that you guys should recomend him instead.

Superior Drummer - Software, MIDI-triggered, Compatibility with tons of drum sample libraries.

Now what else do you want ?

Toontrack's EZDrummer/Superior Drummer is both an engine and drum samples (bundled with it). They have expansion packs for more drum samples. It's really the industry standard at the moment.

Loop-based samples is not what the thread starter is looking for as he mentioned entering pattern using notation.

I think it's not the software that is not giving realistic drum sound, but it's the drum samples libraries that you guys should recomend him instead.

The software does play a part in how realistic you can get your tracks to sound. The layering techniques used, algorithms, functions (eg. left and right stroke differences, physics simulation, dynamics calculation) and a lot of R&D behind those actually more than complement the samples.

Aside from EZdrummer, you can try XLN's Addictive Drums.

Last edited:
anything easier to use without using a midi keyboard to create? i am also looking for easy to use very that works in cubase le or a standalone that i can export to .wav files.

might not be easy to find one that can be use without midi, since more of those software are midi based, needing the controller to trigger the sound.

Theres some virtual midi controller of sort thats free to try available online, one example is this. Just need to install, set up the preference inside cubase, it should recognize the computer keyboard as a midi device.

for the drum programming software, an easier one is izotope idrum. Not sure how realistic are the sound samples though. The description sound close to what you wanna..

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/idrum/

Back