Does S'pore Drummers Here In "Soft" Have Meet-Ups

Contact Number please ! - The below persons have yet PM Reuben their Contact Number....besides Bro Heartbeat & Rustee

Hong Liang
Melvin
Syedo
Rustee - Thks Bro I got yr No.
Frummer
Doublestrokesg
Shred 5
Marcdadrummer
Myner
Kari Convention
Qwebie
Mel80
Heartbeat -Thks Bro I got yr No.
BebopIggy
kanzer
Knvt
Knvt's partner

Alright RD, many thanks!

Though I think I did PM either Reuben or RLA my no. already. Hehe, sorry, forgotten whom I PM to. Looking forward to the meeting! Cheers to all Singapore Drummers!

From Bras Basah Rd ..take MRT train from City-Hall MRT Station....alight at Tanjong Pagar Station.....then asked people around - How to walk to Duxston Rd - L Cube Studio.

Hey people, it seems like we’re expecting a full house this Saturday and that is cool. However, we have to have some “house rules” on the day itself. Things that are generally common-sense but very often we overlook them due to circumstances.

So after consulting with the committee and sub-committee, we’ve adapted the following guidelines. Special thanks to WX.

1. Don’t be afraid to speak
If you’re new to our community, taking the step for the first time to speak publicly to a group can sometimes seem intimidating. Don’t be afraid to jump into a discussion. We have a very supportive community that serves up heavy doses of knowledge, support and enthusiasm.

2. Feel free to “chill” and listen
While we hope that you’ll become an active participant and join in our discussions, you’re welcome, of course, to simply hang out quietly until you feel more comfortable speaking.

3. Agree to disagree, respectfully
We invite and encourage a healthy exchange of opinions; disagreements are okay. If you disagree with a member’s post or opinion, by all means, challenge the opinion. However, any challenge must be given with a sense of respect for the other person. The real objective of community is to understand each other, not to attack others and convince them that you’re right. Name-calling, insults, “flaming” and attacks are not appropriate and will not be tolerated.

4. Don’t attack others
Because this is so important, we’ll say it again: Don’t attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others’ points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully, without insult or personal attack. Harassing, offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or bashing communications—especially those aimed at sexual orientation, gender, race, color, religious views, national origin, or disability—will not be permitted. Before you say something that is intended to embarrass, humiliate or harass another person or group of people, stop and think first. Harassing communications are considered to be those that may cause distress, embarrassment, unwanted attention or other discomfort.
Such members may be barred from further meets at the Committee’s discretion. This would be very unpleasant for all of us, but we trust that we will never have to resort to that.

5. Treat others’ instruments like you would treat your own
Appreciate the generosity of those who are sharing their precious instruments by always asking before playing it. If the owner is uncomfortable with it, there is no need to take it personally. You have the right to ask, the owner has the right to say ‘No’.

END

RLA

if you dont know already.. most of the committee members are pretty big... you would really wanna abid to the rules

See lah Reuben..you frighten our friend here liao lah...next time...you must specify "Where Pretty Big" not just "Pretty Big" lah...Whahahaha (in case of misconception here) :smt040

Thanks to James who took time off to turn up.
Thanks to RD, RLA, Drum_Hobbyist for putting in consistent effort in making the meet up rather successful.
Thanks to everyone of you who turn up. You guys made it possible.

My apology for my lousy demostration of flam. I was caught offguard. 8O RLA told me to prepare paradiddle! Nonetheless, RD had done a more detailed explanation than what I've thought of.
:wink:
Do understand that different drummers were taught differently at times. Thus, I believe today's sharing with different drummers is a good exposure for us to learn from a different aspect.

Regards,
caijunlong

todays meetup was :smt023
wonderful!!
with all the ppls,cymbals,snare and 'clinic'
its like having a mini version of NAMM!!!

:lol:

it was really a nice day.
we cant imaging the face just according to the nick name. after i see these guys, i had a wrong imagination
1) i thought kari is 30 man, but he is actually 24, a very young man
2) i feel reuben is small and tiny, but he is a BIG guy, haha

we can see the art of drum hobbiest, change the cymbals characer, make it sounds better, or create our own sound. bump for a talented cymbals modifier.

Back