Does S'pore Drummers Here In "Soft" Have Meet-Ups

first of all...
kudos to the commitee and everione who attended our very own 'drum clinic'
at LCube Studio yesterday...
met up wif alot of drummers from this forum whom before yesterday, are anonymous to each and everione of us here....

wonderful cymbal talk by our very own cymbal preacher...DH...
may your dreams of making very own singapore SYMBAL come true...
and oh, pls dont everitime mention me.... hahahahaha

from wat i see, alot of the younger drummers tend to be very quiet...
maybe its due to the first time of everything...
first time of gathering and meeting up...
first time of going to such clinics...
and maybe its due to the clinic being abit too formal...
guys try to be more outspoken next time, ...
u might never know dat maybe altho you guys just started, but you guys can know much more than the older drummers....

guys, the idea of having monthly meetups might be interesting
but then again, we have to think of alot of ideas every meetups....
and by the time of the 10th meetup, we might be exhausted of ideas
it might be better if we do it bi-monthly
but then again, just my own opinion....
haf to get the others of wat they agree.....

i'm thinking of maybe the next time we can get the professionals to attend and gif us talks
no disrespect to each forum members here, but the professional such as brandon from 'the unexpected' or even RD's teacher... maybe they can gif us some tips or even magic tricks......

i got some ideas of wat to talk about in the next few meetups....
1) double pedalling ~ techniques of playing
2) drum tuning
3) proper care of cymbals, drums and hardware
4) to really define the different types of woods used in making the drums and the difference in sounds from different kind of wood used...
5) drumstix talks
6) snare drum talks and presentations...

just a few ideas....
and i know some of the topic haf been talked about in the forum..
but then again, being there personally and seeing wif our own eyes and listening wif our own ears, might be better......

thats all i haf to say ryte now..
till next time folks....
remember, keep the drumming passion alive till eternity...
like Buzz Lightyear say... 'to eternity and beyond...'

cowabunga dudes!

ps: cute girls like that one that attend yesterday (sori i forgot her name)
are very most welcome to attand!!!! ahahahahahahahahahahahahah

First of all... you guys made it happen... 8) Thanks for the kind words. The organizing committee was glad to serve you guys... :D

DT... since you said so much... join the committee to organize future gatherings... :wink: wah... mention your name during the meeting also cannot ah? now you wrote much much everybody notice you already... :oops:

I am going to venture on some experimental drilling on some cymbals, if any of you guys are interested in how to do drilling on cymbals, will be glad to organize a small gathering to share the knowledge. Will start a new thread for those who are interested... :wink:

Hey Drum_hobbyist, I regretted selling away my paiste hihats after the meet up. haha. I'll be the first to sign up for the small gathering to learn drilling!

yo DH, i dont mind joining the commitee
just dat i'm working shift, so might be hard to attend meetings and all that.

i tok much here coz you oredi since mentioned my name a number of times mah..
so ppl know oredi who i am....

hey DH, interesting workshop youre conducting there..
but where?? your house ah?

caijun: regret ah??? hee hee....
wanna make safari hats like mine huh???
hee hee.... actuallie yesterday was the first time i tried the hats after dont know how many months..
cool huh?

DT's idea is good , we can come out a lot of idea and topic each time of meeting, but i dun think the idea is limited, all the pros still learning and exploring, so, drumming is a never ending story, haha.

If DH hold a cymbal drilling clinic, i also want to go!!! a drill changes cymbals' life, how wonderfull is it.

first and foremost, i'd like to thank all of the commitee members who made this meet up possible...

my main intention was to get to know (drummers boys and girls alike) much better and i sure did get to know most of them lah didn't get to talk much with the youths there that much - busy trying out DH HH sound edge high bell ride lah@!! haha.. u wan sell?? hehe..

also during the meet up i learnt ALORT about cymbals thanks to the much apprietiated cymbal talk compliments of DH!!! kudos man that should be the High-light of the meet up 2 days ago:D..!! oh yah im sure many would love to get one wuhan splash either the shiny one or the one with the macdonalds table top looking one!! someone should organise a mass order man those stuff's are WICKED for that kinda price:D!!!! also them bosphorus is most definately value for yer money!! woo im loving it:D..

and when u organise the meet up, im sure to come yeah>:D... really like to see how them purecussion set sounds with all 16 cymbals on ur set up! man that's killer!

once again kudos to all who have made this possible, next time u all come lah it's really fun...

ps: nazrey, u wan to know that cute girl ask ZEN lah, he confirm know one... hhahahahah!!

I would have to say - This very "1st Drum Meet-Up" is successful and I'm sure we all enjoy this meetup. It was a wonderful experience especially meeting up with fellow drummers here at SOFT.

To this, I have to say "Thank You all Commitee & Sub-Commitee Members"...and most of all "Thank You All That Had Attended The Meet-Up, needless to say - James of SOFT too ", for without you all wonderful people - all this would not be made possible. To all those who cannot be there in person due to other commitmment - I really hope you could try to attend our next 2nd Meet-Up this comming APRIL. However the Venue, Time & Place will only be confirmed after Bernard call me on this comming Thursday.

The 2nd Meet-up will be INFORMAL....but would be as fun as the 1st I strongly believed. Now that Bros here have met, seen and talk to each other, it is only normal that we feel much more comfortable during this 2nd meet-up (as we had already break the ice).

Of course, the 2nd meet-up though "Informal" so to say, will also have interesting happenings during the event. Some of the members had brought up certain ideas eg "Why not lets all bring our snare and display them - let fellow bros try the different kind of snare"....good ides "but I guess we have to bring our own snare-stands too here".....anyway this is just but one idea some brought up...and there are many others.

In the 2nd-meetup. It will be FOC (provided I get the place) to those atttending and all are welcome it's a much bigger place we have - I will only know by this Thursday....and upon affirmation - - - There is only one problem - The Venue has only 1-Drum-Kit...that's all.

Meantime, I apologise as I will be very out of action here...mainly because I had a hard time today, editing then downloading 60 over pics (from the 1st meet-up) into PhotoBucket before I can post it up for all to see. I have only now downloaded 20 pictures, as my customer is in town and tonight...have to bring him go dinner, then chiong Karaoke also ( :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 to ensure he is bery bery happy - then I get my sales...I'm sure you all understand. I will try to post all pics by this week - Once again I sincerely thank you all for making this event so successful..and for your patience..

Yup the beautiful :smt061 Drummer pics will be up... :smt040
PS:marcdadrummer: Let me tell you a secret here. Zen does not have the number :lol: but someone here does Whahahahahaha ! :smt040 :smt040 but I won't tell you all...(me naughty har but it's not me !)

Cheers my fellow Bros !

haha, faster set the date, so i will push away all my other dates/appointments/commitments and confirm attend. the 1st one sounded so fun and i missed it. :(

kari..... but you can enjoy the pix later on.. hee hee

anyway, if i'm not wrong, i tot we are suppose to get the contact list of all the drummers that attend?

or am i just hallucinating?

i have compiled all the information of most of the drummers here... you guys would get it by the next meeting.. or if you are really in need of it or anything.. you can request a copy from me

Yo, may I suggest that we adopt an opt-out kinda policy for the list. I for one, don't appreciate receiving calls or emails from people I don't know. I get enough spam and unsolicited calls as it is.. and the list could get anywhere. If anybody needs my contact I'm just a PM away, that way, at least I know who I'm passing my no. to.

Of course, when you leave your contact in ads and stuff, it's a different thing, you choose to do it.

yeah true lah what hozea said, but "hopefully" i break the ice when i get to talk to the pretty lady there lah.. haha.. must que u know if want to shake her hand, zen was first, i went 2nd lol..

ok i think this can stop lah for now... hahahaha..

the three dudes from the same school and brought melissa (i hope i got that right) to the meet up:

I think u guys are gambatak and the other two i can't remember lol...

ask her play drum lah, add in to the community of drummers here in Soft.com:d...

ps: james was a really cool dude man!! haha

The Comming 2nd Meet-Up VENUE ... is now CONFIRMED just this morning.

So is the Meet-up Venue for the 3rd in May & 4th one in June 2007- Same Venue , Every 3rd Week Of The Month. Easily can house 80 people (close one eyes)....The Orchestra is playing there every Thursday....no problem

As for the Time: - 12pm to 4pm.

PS: - Keep A Look Out On The 2nd Meet-Up Thread - should be up very soon..........hope to see you all again...

Hm.mmmmm maybe we should get some of our Bros here to each bring their own Personnel Snare to let Bros attending snap some pictures, try the snare - but we must really take good care of their snare Lol !...like our own ones...for this 2nd meetup. Give us some thoughs everyone - on How To make the 2nd one though INFORMAL, but yet A Very INteresting One...OK...thank You !

Cheers !

Bro Bliss...so do I love to try out your DW NP Snare - the onl;y pics I saw on that snare was at DrummerWorld and never did I expect we have one here in Singapore...please bring it there so I can snap some beautiful pictures of it for my own....and help me snap a pic of me on your snare - that would be great man Bro...

I hope Bros here can also bring their beautiful snare there, so we can have more snare put up for picture taking & trying - but must also bring our own snare stand there (don't put on the floor - wait spoil how???

(1) 14" Pearl Reference Snare - RD
(2) 14" DW NP Collection Series Snare
(3).....let's post this on the 2nd meet-up thread to get feedback, you think it's good?

Back