Cable

woah cherns. Buy some basses back. The CIJ fender jazz bases rock.

VIntage 54 strat? Mind enlightening us on some prices? haha.

PM sent to cherns.

It was brief stop - I was out for 12h straight (walking for most of it...) and was being chased to go for dinner already. But the number of zeroes on the pricetag for the strat was incredulously high enough for me to remember that it cost JPY54,000,000. Yup.

Next stop, Mt Fuji!! :D

Just in case anyone needs to know if my cables will fit their pedalboards...

rdmpatchsize1yc6.jpg

rdmpatchsize2qx6.jpg

rdmpatchbatchrg9.jpg

My apologies in advance for the crappy pics :p

oh man chrns received the cables today...

the packaging is so nicely done!

like the RDM red wprds on the cable heads... nice touch

plugged it in... sturdy cables! i think i know why my old ones spoilt.... the head was small so i had to always exert force on the join of the head and cable to pull it out of my jack.... so now problem solved with huge and sexy heads!

oh and i have a confession.... i took like many photos of the package before opening it and after opening it i took even more photos of the cables. :D

the cables wun oxidise right? so i can just keep them out in a cupboard or sth when not in use?

oh yeah the cables make my guitar sound way better than before. seriously. cant really describe it but i can just hear it. :)

thumbs up to cherns for good cables! :wink:

so, back to cherns cables..

ok, so has anyone done an A/B with george Ls? w.r.t to retention of trueesszzt tonezzzz

its like a sales pitch you know.

"Get XXX cables! Retains the pristine high end clarity, packs a punch with strong mids, and rumbles on with a tight, defined bass! CALL NOW and get a set of 10 patch cables for just $89.99! WAIT! THERE's MORE! CALL within the next FIVE MINUTES and shipping is ON US! Terms and conditions apply."

:lol:

Ok, here's my endorsement.

CHERNS CABLES HAVE
MORE BASS
MORE MIDS
MORE HIGHS

Seriously though, one of the best articles I've ever read for cable comparisons is here: http://www.lavacable.com/Suitability_Guide.htm

If you really want a quick summary on Canare vs George L, here's the lowdown to me:

Canare GS6: 127 strands of copper conductor
George L's .155: 7 strands of copper conductor

7 strands! omg that's scary.

Read more on that page for the capacitance values, shielding methods and his summarized opinion at the end. (lower capacitance = more highs. Doesn't mean it "retains" the highs. It just means more highs in comparison to mids and lows. We can just as well say less lows and less mids. Anyway capacitance differences are nullified once you have a buffer before the cable.)

oh yeah i was reading that on the:

http://www.lavacable.com/cable_101.htm

to ppl who hit the stage often: how long are ur cables? the one from ur gutiar to ur pedal and the 1 from ur pedal to ur amp?

i've heard that 5m cable is like the length a cable to be before noticeable changes in the signal occurs for guitars

btw, blueark, u mentioned buffer? is it similar to the output of a boss pedal?

for me, i place priority on length of cable from guitar to pedals, what's the remedy? low cap cables?

thanks for watching me talking to myself.

i didn't sponsor soft.

those interested, go to Guitar - Buy/Sell and look for my post.

sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Yep boss pedals have buffers. Some of the best around actually.

My bassist was recently complaining about the tone loss on his board, I sat down with him, shifted things around, and we fixed it by putting his TU2 before the 25k Ernie Ball jr.

He wasn't too happy about positioning the TU2 there though haha. Think he might stick Boss bass chorus there instead, I didn't hang around long enough to find out.

You'll only need low cap cables from guitar to pedals if with your clean sound:
1. You find that you're not getting the highs you want
2. You're running all true bypass pedals off
3. Your cable is really freaking long causing (1)

Otherwise just get whatever works. Reliability first to me.

Each Boss pedal has 2 buffers no?

Actually, for G Ls, the 7 strands thing - its more suited for pedalboard patching. They have a thicker version for running instrument cables.

Back