Any online music gear shops that ship internationally?

Winterain

Anyone know of any ? I wanna buy my Yamaha S08 ...
1stly, its cheaper even with expensive shipping
2ndly, places outside Singapore actually have stock
3rdly, i really want it badly.

:)
Anyone has any experience in shipping in something similar? Coz i'm not sure how taxes are like...

1. Website: There are some store in www.yahoo.co.jp (http://psearch.yahoo.co.jp/search?fr=top_v2&ei=UTF-8&p=yamaha+s08)that selling YAMAHA S08. But i'm not sure whether they ship oversea.
(I ever found a japan online shop which can ship oversea, but can recall which is it liao...)
Maybe Cheez know...

2. Price: From what I see from japan website, the price is 123,000~158,000 yen (SGD1920~2370) exclude shipping,
compare to SGD2,344- which will have further discount for YAMAHA teacher/student, PTC (piano teacher circle), YMC (Yamaha Music Card, which can be apply on the spot)...etc
(Since June is near, who knows got mid year sale?); are about the same.

3. Stock wise, you may need to call local dealer (MUSIC PLAZA) to check it out. (remember to ask them check both warehouse & all outlet).

4. Do check if the warranty is international if you buy online.

P/S: Of course, you may check YAMAHA Malaysia also...

I'm sorry mingguan - but I don't know! Actually, Bongman is the expert in all these. I'm sure he can source out for your several places including ebay on the cheapest available unit.

I recall seeing the S08 in Hong Kong's Tom Lee when I was there 1 year ago in their main shop. I played around with it. Can't remember the price, but definitely cheaper than Singapore. If you're going there for a holiday sometime, maybe drop by Tom Lee.

Why don't you ask Yamaha in Plaza to bring a unit in?

Cheez said:
See what I mean? Bongman is our keyboard resource person!
what are you doing early in the morning? no need work ah?
I just try my best to help lah......

someone selling a Yamaha MG8/2 FX mixer below $50
at www.eBay.com.sg. and some other MIDI gear at good prices!!!
check it out.

I have bought a few things from these people <www.music123.com> who ship out of the US. Takes about 3 days via UPS

Not sure how the price on the Yamaha is though:

http://www.music123.com/Yamaha-S08-i34299.music

You can always get stuff from US retailers through vPost (check the Singpost website). I've not used it but the freight is quite cheap and if you couple that with US retailers that do free overnight shipping in the US then you could save a few bucks. The downside is that Singpost say it's takes around 2 weeks to reach here.

Early in the morning? Today is a public holiday from where I am (not in Singapore!). So having a late morning... :)

But you ARE very good at resourcing!!!

Cheez said:
...you ARE very good at resourcing!!!
Agree...

Wah, bongman, initially thought you only expert for sourcing in S'pore & M'sia. Didn't realised your sourcing are Worldwide!

Thanks for all the valuable feedback...
if it works out to 2.3kish, then i'd think twice......
i actually found another site, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=252439&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
Supposedly with their order form calculation, 2-3day UPS comes to 2.2k SGD
which is okay seriously..... just that i'm scared later reach here, must pay $300 tax or something ..... lol...

I exchanged emails with a Yamaha representative yesterday, mainly complaining about the screwed up pricing. I asked him when a shipment of s08 would be coming in, as i'm interested in buying one, he didn't reply...
In anycase, unless i can get a staff discount (25%) , i won't be buying from them... but now even if i have staff discount, there's no stock.. lol.. poor me..

I'm gonna check out some of those sources... frankly i'm not comfortable with buying this product 2nd hand...

But, Thanks again!

Be careful with BH, a lot of their stuff is imported into the us on the grey market and as such, although a lot cheaper, carries no manufacturer warranty.

Ask some of the people on this board about buying grey market behringer stuff in Sg!

Be sure to have them make it perfectly clear what warranty the item carries and check the terms for yourself.

I have been to the BH store in NYC and trust me they are money sucking bastards! The place is HUGE and they sell everything you can imagine...TV's, cameras, Washing Machines...like a big Courts with a music division and a lot of pro photo gear. So after you buy your item you are made to stand in a big queue to pay, then a queue to collect your stuff..literally a huge conveyor belt. As far as I could tell they dont do, nor are interested in provding any sort of service. I bought a Masterlink from them where the HD failed after 6 months and of course they wanted nothing to do with it.

having said all that, if it works out for you then great!

BTW, any goods you have shipped in that have a value over Sg500 you will have to pay GST on the balance (inclusive of shipping) so;

Keyboard $1500
Shipping $200
Total = $1700

After $500 allowance the balance will be $1200 so GST payable will $60

BHphoto is one of the cheapest and largest music store in the US. I was in NY last year - went to BHPhoto but found our it was a Jewish Holiday (the store is owned by Jews). I could only stand outside and stare at the 2-storey building... thinking of the great time I would have inside. And my kids won't let me go back again the next day...

But as you say, who knows what the price will be after the tax. And not to forget that you don't have support and local warranty.

What about other alternatives? Roland RD series?

Cheez you would have been very disappointed if you got inside...much better things to drool at down on 48th St around Mannys and SamAsh.

BH is run by Hasidic Jews so inside you have all these funny people wearing black suits and hats with the hair ringlets down the side of their faces.

Cheez said:
..who knows what the price will be after the tax?
Eh... if you buy directly from online shop, you shouldn't bear any tax from the country whre the shop located.
the only tax incurr is when it enter Singapore.

If you ask your someone to buy there, the tax of that country will be included.
(But I am not sure if it will be tax again when enter spore).

For something that heavy I seriously doubt you'll pay significantly cheaper by buying anywhere else. Sometimes its worth buying from a local dealer even at higher price, provided they provide reliable after-sales service and warranty. Imagine if you discover something wrong with it after it arrives. What do you do? Yes they will replace a new unit but they will ask you to RMA and pay for the shipping!

So you end up paying more for "air" instead of trying to save.

At least local dealer got something wrong with it, just threaten them to replace or you'll launch a smear campaign against them at SOFT.com. :twisted:

That said I have patronised music123, audiomidi and sweetwater so far, all have been satisfactory, though audiomidi's shipping is a bit slow.

I may be buying a set of monitors weighing 20kg, I probably can get it $100-$200 cheaper even when shipped from overseas. But I think I will probably still buy from Team 108 who are the dealers. Even when I know they have "legendary" technical support / aftersales service/ repair track record.

What to do? Blame it on Singapore's fatal flaw: A TINY population= tiny market=no choice=no bargaining power=high price.

Check out what the US online retailers are selling the Yamaha i88x for, then ask for the price at Music Plaza.

8O

Yamaha Singapore have been selling the discontinued S90 the original price..... It's over 2 times more than the current value of a 1st hand s90 ........
Then hor, i asked if theres any offer now.. the guy told me i can have the display set at 25% off ..... gimme a break man...

Back