What kit?

eugen3

Looking for a drumset(huge headache)!

Any good recommendation for under a thousand? intended for recording(so must be decent sounding at least), preferably maple.

i was thinking something like a peace demolition or a mapex kit. How?

hoo boy. under a thousand. toughie. Birch may be what you want in a studio environment. I love Pearl's Sessions Series. actually if i may go off topic a little. If you're gonna be putting mics on the toms. The quality of Mic(I.e SHURE BETAs!!!) and post recording mixing plays a big part too. I once used a crummy old Yamaha Rock custom or something like that and it sounded Awesome after EQing. We're talking about inferior wood here.

yep i know the post-production is crucial, but looking for some good recording material to work with. hee :)

Under $1000 will be impossible for a new maple kit. And the Peace Demolition is not a maple kit. You can try your luck looking for a used Peace DNA...that maybe your only possible option.

If all else fails, you can still buy decent sounding drums for under a grand. There's Pearl Forum, Mapex Q or Peace Demolition. They're all built really well....and with decent skins, they all sound really decent too.

ha alvin speak of the mapex Q.
its damn funny this whole time waiting for my mapex Q.

it changed alot through the weeks

Yup...sorry for the wait emmanuel. I submitted your order on the very first day you made the payment. I myself don't understand why the delivery arrangement took so long to get tied up and I've already done my best to call the necessary people even though this isn't my product.

Having said that, ProMusique is making all efforts to improve things and knowing Terry (owner of ProMusique) for sometime now, I'm sure Mapex shoppers will get excellent support/service from now on. For those that have heard Mapex know that they are excellent drums. So just hang in there a little and give this young distributor some grace. If Mapex can grow, the local community will grow too right?? The more products the better!!!!

Cheers!

There is an Ad here in Soft Drum (Buy/Sell) and in Luther Music just today afternoon - a lady is selling her Studio ( Yamaha Rydeen - In Wine Colour) for S$650.00. I'm sure you can get it for S$600.

Not forgetting this Yamaha Rydeen Batters had all been changed. Comes with 4 Cymbal Stands, Seat, Pedal everything...and there is no Rust whatsoever....

You better take this kit - I know of a Friend who use this kit for Recording (but all Batters changes to Evans G1 Heads already) .... and it sounded superb..

Why not check it out yourself......

PS: - I actually wanted to ask her to release it to Drum Xchange Singapore for a better price - but best prices is S$600.00Nett..anyway we can wait.

Call her (her name is Julie) - The below is her Thread (it's not a Maple Kit)

http://soft.com.sg/forum/showthread.php?t=37698

Last edited:
hm okay... the rydeen's gone already. ):

any other suggestions? i wouldnt mind a non-maple kit but must sound good.
How much would a pearl forum cost?

Back