Looking for like minds to do something different...

SingaporeShredd

Hi SOFT community,

I am genuinely looking to find some like-minded dudes that are 1) fun to hang around with 2) have similar tastes in music 3) good, competent musicians 4) that genuinely love to play. Not so hard yeah?

And then to start (not go too far down the rabbit hole just yet!), lets come up with some killer acoustic versions and even our own interpretations of some heavier tunes. Stuff you dont ordinarily hear around here. Just take a bit of a risk and be different from the usual cookie cutters. Here is a sample list. Do note this is neither exhaustive, all-inclusive or even complete. Some will render well to acoustic, some not so great, but these are just some at the top of my head to give you an idea of styles, genres, timelines and general skill level.

Band - Songs
Tantric - Breakdown/Astounded
Godsmack – Keep Away / Re-Align
Sevendust – Black / Enemy / Hurt
Dark New Day – Brother
Breaking Benjamin – So Cold/ Diary of Jane / Next to Nothing
Tool – Stinkfist
Staind – So Far Away / Epiphany / Price to Play
Incubus – Pardon Me / Wish you were here
Papa Roach – Last Resort / Scars
Linkin Park – Crawling / Numb
Crossfade – Cold / Invincible
Deftones – Change
Hoobastank – Crawling in the dark
Taproot – Poem
Alter Bridge – Open your eyes / Watch over you
POD – Alive
Cold – Happens all the time / Just got wicked
Edgewater – Eyes wide shut

Some one offs…

Alice In Chains – Would
Fuel – Haemorrhage
Days of the New – Touch Peel Stand
Creed – My Own Prison
Dave Matthews Band - Crash
Goo Goo Dolls – Name / Black Balloon
Live – Dolphins Cry
Don Henley / The Ataris – Boys of Summer
The Darkness – Growing on me (why not right!?)

If some/a lot of these make you "hell yeah!" and if you'd like to find out more, please feel free to reach out and we can go from there. Sonically, I imagine at least a 5 piece - 2 guitarists, a bassist, a drummer and perhaps keys. Vocally rich, ideally 2 or more of us will have decent vocal ability to co-sing as well do interesting harmonies and other special bits.

Just a quick introductory background....I’m 43, have been playing guitar since I was 15 and have sung for a number of years. I had a good 10 years under my belt as a professional (performing, writing, arranging, recording, session work etc), doing mostly originals, nearly all of it in my 20s bar a year here and there. All overseas and specifically in metal and hard rock. I moved to SG in May 2019 (from Australia, where I had been residing for some 25 years) for a new life and new opportunities. And I'd like to try and and least have one last good jam!

I’m fully aware things in SG might be some way away to actually getting up and playing on stage again. But I thought, what the heck. In the meantime,at least we can have fun and perhaps even sound awesome doing it. Since there's nothing but time to get there now!

If this is you, I'd be very interested to hear about it. Feel free to contact me here, or jaynaidu11@gmail or even directly on my mobile 8381 1183. Questions are most welcome and information will be very forthcoming. Especially if you are all 4 of the very first line.:p

Jay

Back