What kind of player would you like to be?

Basically, I am just curious to find out the type of guitarists my fellow Soft guitarists here would like to be. I had a discussion with my friend over lunch about the kind of guitarists in the market, from slow bluesman such as B.B. King to fast shredders such as Yngwie Malmsteen or Ritchie Blackmore. So hence, do share your views as I would like to hear from you. As for me, I would like to be somewhere like Eric Clapton, capable of playing fast passages, but extremely expressive in slow parts.

I'd like to be like Eric Clapton, Masahiro Ando and Issei Noro. Realistically speaking, more like Eric Clapton. I would also like to achieve tones like Eric Johnson's.

But if you mean fantasy-wise, I'd like to be like Michael Angelo Batio. Haha! I jest, I jest.

I want to be the versatile type. Like many session guitarists who play a wide range of music. I find them more inspiring than many of the great names we're familiar with, to be honest. I don't want to specialize in any certain genre or group of genres, for the simple reason that I listen to a very, very wide range of different music types. :p

i'd wanna be JOE SATRIANI with all the beautiful phrasing and feel and john petrucci's sweep arpeggios and alt picking!

we should all strive to be ourselves.

we can draw inspiration from others but it's important to not be like someone else.

Back