Bassist, wants to try reggae and afrobeat

mbk

Bassist coming from the side of blues and rock, from AC/DC to Chili Peppers to Sabbath to ZZ Top etc.. I'd like to go more in the direction of reggae and afrobeat - including Roots reggae, or modern kinds such as Lenny Kravitz or Horace Andy or Linton Kwesi Johnson, and Fela Kuti or other modern African music. Does not have to be exclusively that, but I want to get away from top 40's and classic rock stuff towards more mellow kinds of music. Also, songs that are just fun because they lyrics are hilarious etc. Say: Lola (Kinks), Shame and scandal in the family (Peter Tosh), or Backdoor man (Willie Dixon) or Sugar on my tongue (Talking Heads). Technically I can play right up to Highway Star if you give me a few weeks to get back into that kind of speed... but I'd prefer less technical stuff on average. I'm in my 50s but that shouldn't deter you. Maybe it helps if you're over 30 just so it's easier to relate but age is not an issue for me. And vice versa hope you don't mind either.

Jamming is nice btw but it would be nice if you ultimately want to play for people too, say in a club. Once all of this becomes easier.

Markus sms or whatsapp nine839082six .

Back