Ben Hum To Sing In The Animated Action-adventure Feature Film “DC League Of Super-pet

soft

Administrator
Staff member
ben_hum_super_pets.jpg
SINGAPORE, August 15, 2022 – Warner Bros. Pictures has confirmed that singer-songwriter, Ben Hum (范平庚)will be singing in the Singapore version of its upcoming animated movie “DC League of Super-Pets”, opening in cinemas on September 1.

Ben will sing “Count on Me”, a ballad that plays during a montage of Ace the hound’s backstory. His cover of the song will be in English and will replace the original US version, exclusively in Singapore cinemas.

This is the first time Warner Bros. Singapore has partnered with a local artiste for a movie theme song.

Ben shares, “Being a huge fan of DC films and cartoons since young, I’ve always aspired to make a positive impact on as many people as possible. Now that I am a singer, being able to spread positivity with my voice feels like having a superpower! I’m super excited to be part of ‘DC League of Super-Pets’. This allows me to play my part as a superhero, unwaveringly inspiring the next generation of artistes whilst spreading even more joy and happiness to everyone around!”

In “DC League of Super-Pets” – starring Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart – Krypto the Super-Dog and Superman are inseparable best friends, sharing the same superpowers and fighting crime in Metropolis side by side. When Superman and the rest of the Justice League are kidnapped, Krypto must convince a rag-tag shelter pack – Ace the hound, PB the potbellied pig, Merton the turtle and Chip the squirrel – to master their own newfound powers and help him rescue the Super Heroes.

In anticipation of the movie, pet-themed cartoons are available to stream right now on HBO GO. A specially curated selection called “Pets Unite” features Krypto, Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry, Sylvester and Tweety and a heap of others.

About “DC League of Super-Pets”:

Dwayne Johnson stars as the voice of Krypto the Super-Dog in Warner Bros. Pictures’ animated action adventure feature film “DC League of Super-Pets,” from director Jared Stern.

The film also stars the voices of Kevin Hart (the “Jumanji” and “Secret Life of Pets” films), Kate McKinnon (“Saturday Night Live,” the “Magic School Bus Rides Again” films, “Ferdinand”), John Krasinski (the “Quiet Place” films, “Free Guy”), Vanessa Bayer (“Saturday Night Live,” “Office Christmas Party,” “Trainwreck”), Natasha Lyonne (“Show Dogs,” “Ballmastrz 9009”), Diego Luna (“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” “Maya and the Three”), Marc Maron (“Joker,” “GLOW”), Thomas Middleditch (“Godzilla: King of the Monsters,” “Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie”), Ben Schwartz (“Sonic the Hedgehog,” “Duck Tales”), and Keanu Reeves (the “Matrix” and “John Wick” films).

In “DC League of Super-Pets,” Krypto the Super-Dog and Superman are inseparable best friends, sharing the same superpowers and fighting crime in Metropolis side by side. When Superman and the rest of the Justice League are kidnapped, Krypto must convince a rag-tag shelter pack – Ace the hound, PB the potbellied pig, Merton the turtle and Chip the squirrel – to master their own newfound powers and help him rescue the Super Heroes.

Stern, a veteran writer/consultant on the “LEGO®” movies, makes his animated feature film directorial debut, directing from a screenplay he wrote with frequent collaborator John Whittington, based on characters from DC, Superman created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. The film is produced by Patricia Hicks, Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia and Jared Stern. The executive producers are John Requa, Glenn Ficarra, Nicholas Stoller, Allison Abbate, Chris Leahy, Sharon Taylor and Courtenay Valenti.

Stern’s creative team includes production designer Kim Taylor (“The LEGO® Ninjago Movie”) and editors David Egan (“Game Night,” “Vacation”) and Jhoanne Reyes (“Teen Titans GO!” “Young Justice”). The music is by Steve Jablonsky (the “Transformers” films).

The film will be released by Warner Bros. Pictures in cinemas in Singapore on September 1.

About Ben Hum:

Hailing from Singapore, Ben Hum 范平庚 is a Singer/Songwriter with a penchant for telling genuine stories through his music. Being an avid music performer since 2013, the artiste has performed at numerous notable venues within Singapore and garnered a significant loyal following through these live performances. Greatly inspired by real life experiences, the earnest musician graces every single live performance with charisma so compelling, it serves as a magnetic force to draw first time listeners back, every single time.

Having released his debut EP titled ‘Milky Way’ in 2021, Ben Hum 范平庚 found huge success during his sold-out EP Launch Concert at Esplanade, further establishing himself as a Singer-Songwriter. Featured on numerous media outlets and being the only Singaporean Musician representing his home country in the TikTok Music Festival 2021, Ben Hum范平庚 has no plans to slow down or stop anytime soon. The earnest musician seeks to reach out to new listeners with a multitude of original music content and covers. His most recent notable brand partnerships include Sennheiser, LG, Genshin Impact, and many more.

Armed with big dreams and plenty of energy to spare, Ben Hum 范平庚 seeks to positively influence and connect with like-minded individuals through his music. He is no doubt well on his way to becoming one of the most exciting acts in Asia.

Last edited:
Back