The official MetallicA thread.

I love Metallica!

They (or rather Lars Ulrich) are the reason I started learning drums back in Sec3 by joining the school band. Ha.

I started with their Reload album then went back to listen to their old cds like the famous Black album. Fooh.

Love Lars cos he's so unpredictable! Which makes his drumming, n the band as whole, an exciting thing to hear.

Reached a high when they came out with their S&M album (after all I'm from band!) but very very disappointed with their St Anger. It's like they got no more ideas n identity. Sounds so trash, plus the cool(n fierce) bassist Jason Newsted gone. Lars' drums also sounded so high that his signature "majestic drumming" sound is gone.

I really hope this new album u guys are talking out will be good. With their signature Kirk guitar solos and sophisticated rhythm section.

BTW: are they satanic? (too many arguments till blur alr)

It's like Avenged 7-fold's members being Christians but deny they are christian band with christian messages. Many of their songs actually are bible stories. But still ppl argue they might be satanic.

Anyone?

no they are not satanic . but i think people in singapore only refer thrash metal to them or maybe megadeth as i known people in my age group . i suggest people whom call themself thrash listener's of thrash players should open up themselves to other thrash metal bands for example S.O.D or Overkill !

no they are not satanic . but i think people in singapore only refer thrash metal to them or maybe megadeth as i known people in my age group . i suggest people whom call themself thrash listener's of thrash players should open up themselves to other thrash metal bands for example S.O.D or Overkill !

Nah.. they are nt trash metal.. they are

HEAVEY METAL !!! \m/

Metallica is consider thrash metal when cliff burton is around after that they gone soft (the black album), more heavy metal, after that they suck!! I hate load, reload, garage inc, S&M is great though, but St Anger is a great disappointment man.. Haiz.. I hope the newer song rocks, heard afew new songs from youtube, much better thn St Anger, with solos!!

The original lineup of Metallica brings the true trash metal sound. James Hetfield, 'Dave Mustaine', Lars Ulrich and not forgetting the mighty Cliff Burton.
Ride the Lightning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yea and Bob Rock sucks... thank god hes not producing in the next Metallica Album.

Last edited:
what the heck...and i just stumble on this thread now. and to think i hijacked the other thread.shit.

ohh yeah cliff burton! the writer of my fav song, Creeping Death!!

ok now...what are u guys' fav metallica lineup?
and wht u guys think of their newest bassist, the Robert Tru-i donoe how to spell-jillo?

this may give u a chuckle about metallica. dont get me wrong. im a big fan of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttaqVd0rOjA

Last edited:
S.O.D not thrash metal? dude wad have u been smoking lol!

JaarVis.:yeah old school metal is still great! thrash metal indeed.

Dude.. read the post.. i'm saying abt metallica nt s.o.d duh..

even though metallica is a trash metal.. but its first genre is still HEAVY METAL..

\m/

i was talkin about metallica being either thrash or heavy .
harrisson thought i was talkin bout S.O.D .

RIP CLIFF

there IS a big deal. trash = rubbish, and thrash definitely isnt rubbish.

thrash = (old) metallica, slayer, testament, (old) megadeth, kreator

trash = slipknot, linkin park and other mallcore stuff.

optisailor2002;

lol if u say trash is rubbish.. it means slipknot, linkin park are rubbish too huh..

so sad.. anyway.. get a life.. its just a spelling mistake..

heh, some people just hate admitting mistakes. a small spelling difference can make a big difference. just cos someone says that the bands that you like are rubbish doesnt mean that he/she does not have a life. besides, such arguments (ie "go get a life") only shows your immaturity at being unable to accept mistakes.

besides, hey, everyone makes mistakes. i was talking about how people often use the words "trash" and "thrash" interchangably, and you decided to take it personally.

trash
–noun
1. anything worthless, useless, or discarded; rubbish.
2. foolish or pointless ideas, talk, or writing; nonsense.
3. a worthless or disreputable person.
4. such persons collectively.
5. literary or artistic material of poor or inferior quality.
6. broken or torn bits, as twigs, splinters, rags, or the like.
7. something that is broken or lopped off from anything in preparing it for use.
8. the refuse of sugar cane after the juice has been expressed.
9. Computers. an icon of a trash can that is used to delete files dragged onto it.

thrash
–verb (used with object)
1. to beat soundly in punishment; flog.
2. to defeat thoroughly: The home team thrashed the visitors.
3. Nautical. to force (a close-hauled sailing ship under heavy canvas) against a strong wind or sea.
4. thresh.
–verb (used without object)
5. to toss, or plunge about.
6. Nautical. to make way against the wind, tide, etc.; beat.
7. thresh.
–noun
8. an act or instance of thrashing; beating; blow.
9. thresh.
10. Swimming. the upward and downward movement of the legs, as in the crawl.
11. British Slang. a party, usually with drinks.

now, tell me that these 2 words are merely a spelling error and do not have much difference in meaning.

oh, btw, yes i actually meant that slipknot, linkin park and mallcore stuff are rubbish. but to each his own i suppose.

cheers :D

edit: i once made the error of calling thrash metal "trash" too, but at least i learnt from my mistakes. hope you can do it too. after all, there is no harm in learning something new everyday :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back