The official MetallicA thread.

hahah +1 to the trash
old school thrash is sooo awesome ..

my only regret is getting into thrash so late and being able to know of such few thrash bands also.

btw, what do you guys think about crossover thrash? bands like suicidal tendencies and such? need recommendations :)

Oooh.. you just got served by optisailor2002 there.

Totally sweet burn dude.

Metallica sucks a long chode hard nowadays. Their recent outputs are much more gayer than Richard Simmons using road cones as buttplugs. Now that i've successfully managed to mentally scar you for life, I love their early days, well up to half of ...And Justice For All that is.

Then the Black Album came along, where the members of Metallica decided to explore their more feminine side. It all went down the shitter from there. Kudos to them making two albums with cum and blood on em. It's a waste of cum and blood though, think of all the children that need blood transfusions and the parents who can't conceive!

So, Metallica hasn't made anything musically relevant in the past few years. I say we try to resurrect Cliff Burton as a zombie, for he is the only person I can think of who can put an effective stop to the overall shittiness of Metallica.

btw, what do you guys think about crossover thrash? bands like suicidal tendencies and such? need recommendations

dirty rotten imbeciles, then work your way up from there.

So, Metallica hasn't made anything musically relevant in the past few years. I say we try to resurrect Cliff Burton as a zombie, for he is the only person I can think of who can put an effective stop to the overall shittiness of Metallica.

give them a chance. at least they got rick rubin now. perhaps their decline was due to bob rock. the name "bob" itself for someone is bad enough, never fails to remind me of bob the builder. hopefully rick rubin could bring them back to live, though i hold very little hope for metallica already.

off topic: megadeth's latest album was good though xD think they have come out of their decline.

damn, i had municipal waste before my old com died. its a pretty good crossover band as well right =x

Municipal Waste is pretty much a new band that plays in the oldskool thrash/crossover ways. there are a number of bands that have emerged in the past few years that try to emulate crossover, but most of them are shit and generic.

I used to listen to metal most exclusively, but recently i've been totally burned out on music as of late. Now i'm more on a watching movies binge. The Coen brothers are geniuses. That is all.

optisailor2002
haven really heard much of suicidal tendencies..so cant comment on that . and wad do u meant by crossover thrash?

Holy crap? Metallica ain't thrash? Heavy metal is a general term that brings all genres of metal music together. Thrash metal is a sub-genre of heavy metal, and hell yes, Metallica is thrash! Are you trying to tell me that the creators of Master of Puppets are not thrash? Kill him, someone.

QFT.

Thrash Metal is a sub genre of Heavy Metal music. So there's really nothing wrong in calling Metallica a thrash metal band or a heavy metal band.

Thrash Metal is a sub genre of Heavy Metal music.

what i wanted to say. but over time, heavy metal turned into a specific kind of sound, and people would then term various metal sub-genres as a form of "metal" instead of "heavy metal". so while in the past it was ok to call bands like metallica a heavy metal band, it would sound weird as the way we term a sub-genre evolves. besides, metallica changed from thrash metal to heavy metal to eventually a more mainstream hard rock-ish kinda sound.

i'm speaking from experience actually. the mods have been so trigger happy lately. so every thing i'm doing is being deleted, or edited.

be careful, BIG BROTHER is watching you.

so to who ever's in charge, lighten up

Dude, I'm not implying anything malicious here. It's just that Metallica used to, is still and will be known as a metal band playing thrash metal[Okay, I agree that their form of music has evolved for the worst, but their roots are still thrash metal].

And "heavy metal" is really a very general term. To call Metallica a heavy metal band but a little of thrash just doesn't give credit to one of the most well-loved metal band in the world[Okay, I ain't talking about St Anger here].

All these new Genres coming out is just Too stupid man..

Ive been a big METALLICA ! fan since young.. also love this band called PANTERA !

but seriously, even these dudes dont noe what genres theyre playing.. thanks to idiots..

There was once i saw a vid on Pantera's Drummer Vinnie Paul, introducing his band and getting confused on the genre that they are in..

thing is, they are playing the kind of Heavy! kick ass metal, shiok enough to make u feel the power.. fair amount of technicality and Good Metal grooves.. Nowdays, bands are doing toooooo much technical stuff, in result, killing the grooves..

all these stupid genres coming out nowadays are made by idiots who wanna get a better chance at claiming that theyre the pioneers of that respective genre that they created...

I say these Idiots Must Die!

KILL EM ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh yeah, i love this tallicas album, kill em all.. especially metal militia !

Last edited:
Back