The Bass Picture Gallery

stars said:
amnesiac said:
Showed it off just now, but I don't mind doing it again :p My 2nd wife..she's japanese, haha..

fjbs.jpg

shes an 03/02 production model ? maybe even late 04 model ?

beautiful, like the pickup selector option , did you wire it in or does it come stock ? its a signature model ?

hi hi..as a matter of fact, this bass is about 20 years old already, but i acquired it recently. the selector switch is a fender jazz special original. it came with the bass. signature model? hmm, not really..but duff mckagan of guns n' roses/velvet revolver uses it. so because of that, everyone calls it the duff/GN'R bass. haha..i really love it! super nice feel! :p

Fretboards
Groupshot2.jpg

Groupshot1.jpg

My old 1994 MIM Fender Precision Special. P-J pup config with active preamp. Known as the 'Cowpoke' Fender in some circles. Man, that was crap.
blackcowpoke2.jpg

blackcowpoke6.jpg

hey, ur bass looks like the 54' P-bass, with the pickguard thingy. and the location of the tone/vol knobs. but of course the headstock is different...

and i love the colour of the fridge! it will look nice on a lightly figured maple neck P-bass Deluxe with either a Tortoiseshell or Mother-of-pearl p/guard... hmmmmm...

Yup.. its the old '54 style p-bass... the headstock and logo is also the old style spaghetti fender logo as well.

beautiful , must have been one of the earliest fender japan models made , where did you get it from ?

wangdexian said:
Squier Affinity
100_1006.jpg

NICE bass!! sorry to post this hear.. obviosuly out of topic.. but hot topic.. :D

anyway!! i want to ask smth.. I want to know what are the difference/purpose of the pick up when like this gt the normal 1 pair of pick up..
and some gt 1 more pick up( the long one) nearer to the bridge.
and sometime only gt 1 long pick up near the bridge. can someone explain? like what is the difference.. better or??

what are the difference with the long 1? Does the sound produce better? or smth..? Im really new to this -.-"

If you have more pickups, you have a more versatitle bass.
As both pickups have different sonic properties, you can dial in more sounds with both.

Hello fellow groove makers :)

here is my humble vintage MIJ Stagg Jazz bass that I bought for $350 in 1978 at a music shop in peninsular shopping centre. I just change the neck pick up to SD bassline , It is still very very good condition except for some dent on the body

bassguitar.jpg

cheers
purplehaze3691

wooohooo!!! that looks nice!!!
except for the fingerboard, that looks like jaco's J-bass!
that's a real looker there... u took out the bridge cover i guess, coz i can see those 2 huge screws...
its nice i must say...

yes I took off the pick guard, and the 2 metal pick up shield to look more cool at that time , used to wear my bass really low and I play punk and ska at that time too. You can see lots of dent that is cause by my metal ring when I slapped and hit the strings very hard at jam and gigs last time

cheers
purplehaze3691

stars said:
beautiful , must have been one of the earliest fender japan models made , where did you get it from ?

yup, it's made in japan definitely. i got it directly from a seller in japan. it's the exact same bass that duff uses :)

amnesiac said:
stars said:

yup, it's made in japan definitely. i got it directly from a seller in japan. it's the exact same bass that duff uses :)

haha.. lucky u , know anywhere i can find one ? it looks stunningly manificent , exactly same pups config as duff uses ? thats fantastic , i love the tone of his bass in GnR songs

Latest posts

Back