Guitarist ready to rock \m/

TheGuitarGuy

Hi!
I'm an average guitarist, 20yo with prior band experience. Plays mostly lead. Acoustic too. I do play piano and attempted on vocals (I will be overseas for the next 2 weeks, might reply late. Also, I will enlist NS in October this year).
I'm looking to join or form a band to play some rock/ alternate type of music. Could do Acoustic/ Country / Soul /Pop / Modern jazz songs / even orchestral rock stuff (I’ve tried simulating decent orchestras on my CPU. Occasional heavy stuff. The point is: good-to-listen-to, catchy songs. We can start with song covers! We can try writing originals once we get the hang of things. Not very into mundane, repetitive songs. Preferably about 18 - 22yo so that we feel more comfortable with each other :)
Hopefully to join a band with dedicated, ambitious and matured members, in a sense we make sound decisions together, plan together, and do things in the band’s interest. The "matured" doesn’t refer to the 'we are so dang grown up' matured. I’d love to fool around in the band. I’d love to have fun-loving bandmates and shit, but being matured means I will set aside time and give 100% when coming together and discuss music/ Planning our next step/ Planning our next song list together (on skype/ IRL). It doesn’t matter if we start from the bottom and do simple things/ simple songs as long as we can push ourselves ahead.

Last thing is that almost everyone I met is too focused on "genre". Genre is important, but we should see it as a general direction not be blinded by "genre". I hope to try out different things and be flexible.
(Using rock/metal as example, popular songs like November rain, nothing else matters, I don't wanna miss a thing. They don’t sound like the conventional rock or metal, but rather, results of experimentation with a good message.)

If you want to join me or recruit me, hopefully you’ve thought over the above. I can send a demo if you want to ‘gauge my skills’. Just give me a PM, I’ll check whenever I am able to. See ya!

Back