The 12th soft Drum Xchange @ Jurong Green CC - 27 Sep

tkssss !!! i feel so bad for remembering him as 'story of the year' :oops:

at first i even heard wrongly.. i thought he said 'slayer' :oops:

eh Max anyhow say i dont post here...

hahah i do la but rarely. like very very very rarely.

STORY OF THE YEAR!!! \m/

btw Max it is an awesome band. actually if you listen their drumming is very aggressive. and got a lot of fast triplets which make it even more aggressive. and i'm used to the slow triplet blues groove feel so atm im working on trying to make my triplet sound aggressive as well as improve on my sticking (which wenda has helped a lot in).

i thought the drum exchange was awesome, i learnt quite a bit from all the pro drummers especially
dewamica (imran) - drum grooves from zero sequence, patterns (his own concept)

because i think pattern drumming really applies to how i think 100%!!!

it was awesome. i have his video, or a part of it (the 4-4-5-5-4 part, dunno if anyone remember), and i don't know how to post up here. i put on youtube?

hi li young ! yes you can upload to youtube and paste the link here.

yes I remember what you're talking about, thats where imran explained how he develop his groove based on guitar riffs going on at that section; 2 bars of 4/4 and then 2 bars of 5/4, then back to 2 bars of 4/4

those who have the zero sequence album can refer to the track: The Grim Phantasm (3:50 to 4:05)

yes I remember what you're talking about, thats where imran explained how he develop his groove based on guitar riffs going on at that section; 2 bars of 4/4 and then 2 bars of 5/4, then back to 2 bars of 4/4

those who have the zero sequence album can refer to the track: The Grim Phantasm (3:50 to 4:05)

yeah exactly great i found that part awesome :D

yo man im trying to put it on youtube now but something is wrong, it wont upload. do you have youtube account? maybe i send you on msn and you upload?

ya lah you don't post alot how i know you post here?
anyway hi =D
my com currently has no sound card so no sound ):
can't listen to anything.

anw you can send me over msn or something, i can listen to it on my phone.

Last edited:
hey plainsman :) the guy whose name you didn't catch on the 3rd post in the 1st photo's name is Haizul. he's my friend.great and funny guy to hang out with haha . :)

hey, thanks for letting me know that !! he's a bit shy.... maybe cos this is the first meet up he come for .... haha

Aww damn.. Missed it.. When is it gonna be the next DXS?
And how to join as a member?

no problem! DXS meetups are usually held every 4th Saturday of the month. We'll put up a post for the next meet up usually 2 weeks in advance.

wakauzzzz liar liar!!

wahhh only 2 days and the post coming in like hot cakes...
the 1129380 bpm thingy.... LIAR LIAR!!!!!!

well, its quite fun ah being there. I learn some stuff from the other guys as well lor! haha. Well, looking forward to the next meet up...

And...dun call me pro drummer la... i'm still learning just like the rest of u all.

As for the grim phantasm... yup dats the part alright... hahah even the timing also u all put down ah.. lolz...

alrightooo ya'll have a good one!!! time to eat some lontong liao!!!! so the muslims, SELAMAT HARI RAYA!! and to the rest.. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!

mistedsunset..... dude, there is no such thing as being new and nothing to share. You would never know that u might know something we all don't know. There's nothing to loose right? just wack ah....its just US drummers... no one else lor. quoting from the movie, Soul Plane " sharing is caring" hehehe

haha.. nice gathering.. here the story..

i arrived at jurong green at 1.30pm after jalan2 at suntech, then i find find and see nothing. so i thought i was wrong and just head for jurong SPRING cc. then find2 and nothing also. the auntie at jurong spring say "it can't be happen, there is no single drum here."

so i went home and open internet and read Jurong Green. so finally settled there at about 3.00 .. hehe, i go inside and there was someguy playing double pedal and ... another guy play double pedal.. and another guy play dream theater-like and... double pedal again..

wow.. so blown that day, very nice.very enjoyable!

julian: glad you still made it eventually! next time just get the number of one of the guys to make sure that you don't get the place wrong. ;)

mistedsunset: you can share anything you know about drumming man, no limits! and hey, sometimes you also can share areas where are you're struggling to work on currently, and the rest can help to contribute ideas to help solve the issues. This can also stem to effective practice exercises, you'll never know.

dewamica: hahah it was when you were trying out on the drumset in the beginning where you did the hand foot foot triplet combination, after which you immediately said you're no speed guy. Funny la! It got the guys at my area laughing. :-D

DG, evident, velvetrevolver... we'll post up details of the next meetup once we've confirmed a venue!!! cheers and merry x'mas !!!

heh im new here, evidently, in the whole forum even.
okay so i beat myself up cuz jurong green cc is a 5 minute walk from my home.
and i remember slacking on 27th september cuz it was just after some class assessments at my school, had a hard week and just wanted to relax...
drumming would have been great...!!!

gaah. i hope the next xchange is at the same place again =PP somewhere in
Q1 i hope. But I have a hunch it happens usually in september or what....once per year or something? i'm really new here. haha.

merry x'mas everyone! and best wishes to the committee and everyone who were involved in making DXS come this far, all your hard work have not gone to waste!

Back