The 12th soft Drum Xchange @ Jurong Green CC - 27 Sep

crap, i didn't know my legs were in the view of the camera. noooooooooooo

nice meetup, learnt many stuffs, got to see many talents...and wow, i seriously need to put in more effort. argh

err.. i dont remember talking about double drumming.. haha..
as far as i know.. my drumming and my double drumming equally sux....
heh

hey all! was fun meeting up with the drummers. and thanks lj for posting up the photos! phlemingo's the nick, yup.

mistedsunset: make sure you don't miss the next one then!

KDY: you can go to the 1st post of this thread and understand how to go about registering for dxs, hope to see you at the exchanges soon!

Dulltheater: sorry ah I was outside but I heard some double bass drumming so I assumed lol.

Phlemingo: my pleasure! hope to see you again! :)

i was amazed by the drumming throughout that i didnt realised i did not moved fr my seat for hours .

great that everyone liked it ! :D

am also glad that there was a good turnout for this meetup, among those who attended were drum students from music clef, yamaha music school, motivate, music lab, academy of rock, and also students learning from private instructors!

my favourites o' the day:

lj (spinningsticks) - beri onZ !!! first to demo and keep taking photo ... next time i arrow you take again !!!

naz (dulltheater) - wah power bro, you were no sweating at all with all that double bass drumming, every time u paused maciam like waiitng for applause ... hehe!!! (did u know, the badminton players actually cheer for you after u long solo....heehee maybe they DT fan lah)

imran - love the chops, love the man. give him another one !!

myner - we gonna save up and buy u a lathing machine !!!!

frummer - you owe me a transcription !!

all the new guys - join us again as we take on more stuff at the next meet up !!!!

yes kanzer pls do come next one :p

here's a summary of what was shared:

spinningsticks (lj) - importance of rebound

reuben - exercises from master studies by joe morello

jeepers (jesper) - groove concepts

frummer (faidhi) - 2-level sound concept and paradiddles as eighth notes from future sounds by david garibaldi

myner - DIY cymbal hammering; blast beats, fast single pedal

haizul - importance of rimshot; a favourite groove with triple note values

phlemingo (eugene) - playing with triplet note values, difference between a triplet-based groove/fills and a 8th/16th one.

bigmac (christian) - working through combinations of bass drum, hi-hat and snare drum

Irul - 4-way independence exercises

wen da - importance of rudiments, using natural body motion to play, trad grip push-pull method (jojo mayer)

li young - single pedal emulate double pedal

joshua - jazz; basic swing pattern, basic comping

mel80 (mel) - experiences on recording, using toms to construct drum grooves

DullTheater (nazrey) - favourite drum grooves; grooves from dream theater songs

dewamica (imran) - drum grooves from zero sequence, patterns (his own concept)

caijunlong (chunleng) - ghost note placement on snare for shuffles

xenogenesis (pearson) - (someone help me? i went out to answer phone?)

Rudimental Drummer (eric) - paradiddles with variations on bass drum accents, experiences on acoustic drumset at home

eric - (this is another eric, a young boy, i can't remember if he came up to play, i had to answer phone and leave the room at times...)

let me know if i missed out anyone !!! apologies

bruce wish you were here!!!

Last edited:
DXS1.jpg

DXS2.jpg

DXS3.jpg

DXS4.jpg

yo alfe... imran's nick is dewamica...
and i dont think i did explaination for DT's grooves ryte??
i just sat and whack.. heh

thanks for the info beb. no worries. up to individual one, want to whack just whack la... quite a few guys did just that too. main thing is have fun :mrgreen:

Back