The 12th soft Drum Xchange @ Jurong Green CC - 27 Sep

thanks all for coming and being a part of this 12th meetup!!! for those of you coming for the first time, hope it was enjoyable for you all... any feedback or ideas to improve xchange please feel free to PM me ;)

now i know the part where everybody comes up to play something is kind of scary, but i'm glad every single one of you did :D

if you're going to play in front of people anyway, what better way than to be in a group of loving like-minded drum lovers ??? heheh

until the next one, stay cool and keep the drum love !!!

cheers

ps. lj (spinningsticks) will be posting up the photos soon...

It was awesome to see everyone getting together again sharing the love for drummin as well as some laughs. We also got to see some new faces today, nice to meet everyone!

To get things started, alfe got everyone to do an introduction about themselves.

dxs002.jpg

Then I was the 1st clown to come up to do my stand-up comedy.

dxs024.jpg

I discussed about the importance incoorporating rebound of the drums into executing our strokes to develop speed and power while conserving energy.

Next was reuben sharing some exercises where he learn from the book by joe morello to help develop a stronger non-master hand.

dxs032.jpg

Then Jasper came up to discuss some concepts that he had learn from the music lab and grooved alittle and cymbal whored and cymbal whored and whored.

dxs037.jpg

Sorry bro this is the best pic of you and definitely doesn't do you justice! perhaps i should upload the one you took with storm. lol.

Faidi the Frummer (cleanly shaven) took out a concept from the book by david garibaldi, future sounds (correct me if I'm wrong) and discussed an exercise on displacement of paradiddles. (Transcription needed!)

dxs047.jpg

Faidi you gotta teach me how to use this grip.

dxs044.jpg

Myner sharing his idea and experiences with cymbal hammering. Really enlightening!

dxs059.jpg

dxs060.jpg

That cymbal he's holding has gone thru 9 months of hammering and pummelling!

Last edited:
Some new friends made, making their first appearances in the meet up.

Sorry bro I did not catch your name
dxs063.jpg

Eugene (plehmingo?) demonstrating between swing (triplet feel) and str 8s. Your groove is getting better babee, keep it up!
dxs072.jpg

Wenda right ? (Cleve) stressing the basis of developing rudiments. very very very sick left hand, or should I say both hands.
dxs082.jpg

Story of the year ! \m/
dxs084.jpg

Joshua and Alfe discussing about jazz feel and placing accents on different notes to create different texture of the swing.

dxs090.jpg

Don't have double pedals ? Not to worry, we have 2 kits!

Image225.jpg

Nazrey (Dull Theater) also came up to share his knowledge and experiences on some double bass drumming (correct me if I'm wrong). Pai Seh ah I was having my Macdonalds break.

Imran! "Err, I'm not a speed guy lah" and then goes *ta! boom! boom! ta! boom! boom!* at at 1129380 bpm, what sia, lol.

Image229.jpg

He demonstrated how he got ideas from guitar riffs to develop his drum grooves and patterns. He also showed some sections of his drumming on the album he recorded with his band Zero Sequence.
Image230.jpg

Thats about all the pics that I've managed to capture, did not record any videos cos it was low on battery already. I know some friends did some video recording so if you have something that you can share pls do!

Last edited:
Awesome awesome!

I managed to catch Myner until Wenda. Good stuff, good stuff.

And whose bared naked feet are those at the end of the photos?:mrgreen:

hey plainsman :) the guy whose name you didn't catch on the 3rd post in the 1st photo's name is Haizul. he's my friend.great and funny guy to hang out with haha . :)

Thanks for the pics spinninsticks! Funny captions too lol.

Myner's 2nd pic looks like he is picking his nostrils dey LOL! :p

Spin - What the heck was that grip!? Haha.I don't think I was playing when you snapped that...probably talking...

kaiwenny: ahh name taken note. many thanks! He was the student from academy of rock if I'm not wrong right ?

mel80: Mel! I did not take pictures of you !! Did you share while I was away or something ? Hope you're getting better by the way. (Oh I do have a picture of your jeans btw, I think Faidi took that pic LOL)

frummer: LOL I know la, just making fun :mrgreen:

usadrummer: Hey Bruce! glad you like the pictures man. there were also some others that shared as well (in fact everybody was made to share I think) but my camera died on me. I should've check the battery level before leaving home, GAH*!

I know there are some videos taken on that day as well, so probably there might be some videso posted soon. Some guys are also gonna transcribe here on the stuff that they've shared yesterday as promised, right ? :twisted:

Yea I hope I can see you at our exhanges too! If only airfares are cheaper, hahah. Well hope there will be an exchange organised the next time you're here in Singapore perhaps. :)

spinninsticks:
I shared a little bit. But nevermind lah. You didn't miss much also :p
Thanks for the concern. I felt better after drinking coke and some hot tea afterwards lol.

Back