Official : Show your keyboards & racks thread

Yah, still remember the days of recording clicks into the multi-track to synchronize. Everything recorded by tape, ping-pong etc (since all I have was a 4-track).

Still remember the days before soundcards. These were the days before software sequencers and DAW, when IBM AT was just out. I remember cutting my ear-phones off and connect the wires directly to the motherboard of my Apple IIGS - then plug my walkman into it (with recording done on tape). Sure gave a lot of hiss.

But AnalogPurist, you sound like your even way before my time! Sure, I'm in the era of the Beatles and Heidi cartoons, but then really no money to buy anything. I can still remember all I could do was to frequent Swee Lee when it was still in the old Plaza Singapura 3rd floor - and drool over the equipment there...Not much equipment for me to experiment at all.

Cheez said:
all I could do was to frequent Swee Lee when it was still in the old Plaza Singapura 3rd floor - and drool over the equipment there...Not much equipment for me to experiment at all.
oh yes, that's what I did when I was a teen, drool over the equipments at Swee Lee and especially fond of looking at the multitracks and mixers.

even after buying my first workstation synth, still drool over the higher end gear.

looks like nowadays, youngsters have it all and better off at doing music
at a younger age.

Yes, those were the days. Eventually saved up to get my first Fostex 4-track multi-track from them when I was in the army (saved a lot of money by not going for breaks), which I kept for 10+ years before finally getting rid of it.

bongman said:
even after buying my first workstation synth, still drool over the higher end gear.

Not to mention all the 2nd hand smoke I inhaled from Robert Seng in City Music's high end showroom where they placed the Kurzweil 250, Oberheim Xpander, Emu Emulator II etc.

lowjk said:
bongman said:
Not to mention all the 2nd hand smoke I inhaled from Robert Seng in City Music's high end showroom where they placed the Kurzweil 250, Oberheim Xpander, Emu Emulator II etc.
oh? what? you mean Robert Seng the popular HK/TW musician arranger used to work in City Music ???

bongman said:
oh? what? you mean Robert Seng the popular HK/TW musician arranger used to work in City Music ???

Should be him. He was already very very good in the 80s.
Lots of other people cut their teeth working at City Music.
I still remember : Robert Seng -> Simon (Boss of Sinamex) -> James (Mr Soft himself)

last heard from a Music Clef school drum instructor that
ROBERT SENG won an music arrangement award for
HK singer Sammi Cheng song. anyone heard of that?

Robert's name mentioned in Brinal Chua album for KB/strings roles.

some pub keyboardist says he is now playing for Singapore Idol
piano show, is that him?

bertrd150a.jpg

http://roberts.8k.com/

OMG...is that the actors bar..the pic above....if thats robert i saw him a few times at actors' b4 and he is simply amazing....he play effortlessly. once he even played and took photos for actor's anniversary or something...once hand play other hand take pic!! and he still covered the journey song effortlessly ...

is he a pro photographer also..? cos i saw him on mrt once too, with lots of camera equip.

i tink..some of the episodes of singaporeidol have another keyboardist other than iskandar..i only managed to see the face a split second....seems to look like robert.

going out of thread?

tanya1.jpg

second left - a young Kenn C (guitarist/hit arranger for Sun Yanzi)

cheerseric.jpg

panel of local musicians:
outer left - bongbass
outer right - Tama Goh

Hi Aireydon,

How much you bought the Yamaha KX5?
May I know where did you buy it?

I'm looking for a remote controller
Roland AX7 or the Yamaha KX5.

.John

kx 5

hi bong man!

i got it from ishibashi for only S $360. ( including shipping). its 2nd hand.
u can watch for for realli great and cheap stuff at:

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/

on the left navigational panel, clcik keyboard. the price mentioned excludes shipping.

u just need to email them at web-shop@ishibashi.co.jp. they answer in english within 2 days.

alternatively i suggust when u googed for rare stuff< on the net, use the language preference option and select japan. can find rare stuff like korg micro X white, triton le black and even extreme black.

Re: kx 5

aireydon said:

hey man, i can't find that on the ishibashi site anymore, it seems that they took off the link to any info on that product, looks like it's discontinued or out of stock. any idea?

hi crispy egg.
ishibashi ubox sells used stuff, as soon as its sold it will be removed from the page.

good stuff on ishibashi dont last long .thats why i posted on the 'comments on roland ax-7" thread as soon as i saw the kx 5 a mth ago.

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:18 am Post subject: yamaha kx 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway there s a silver yamaha kx 5 sitting @ishibashi for some time now...if u dun mind second hand gear..its worth a look or even a buy.

usually the condition is quite good.

i bought something from them and got in in EXACTLY 3 days. excellent communication and handling. its triple wrapped some more
-------------------------------------------------------------------

there used to be two kx-5 ,one black(wif me now :p ) and one silver with a slightly higher price.

i think the silver was sold 2-3 weeks ago. right now u have to keep monitering the site for "hot" stuff .

the last time i checked, they are selling a NEW juno-G under the used section, quite a grab at ard $1350 sing. its quite rare to find new items listed for a cheaper price under the used section. probably an opened but unused piece.

Re: kx 5

aireydon said:
hi bong man!
u can watch for for realli great and cheap stuff at:

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/

on the left navigational panel, clcik keyboard. the price mentioned excludes shipping.
u just need to email them at web-shop@ishibashi.co.jp. they answer in english within 2 days.
alternatively i suggust when u googed for rare stuff< on the net, use the language preference option and select japan. can find rare stuff like korg micro X white, triton le black and even extreme black.
Hi, thank you very much for the info; I ever buy items from eBay US
but not from ishibashi although I know about this site long ago.

Sure, I'll take note of this. $360 for the KX5 is good price.

whoa... yeah i heard the stuff in the U-box are all in really good condition too, matching the price tag really well!

however my friend is lookin for a NEW ax-7 so i emailed the webshop hoping they still have some left somewhere... otherwise, U-Box here i come!

Juno-D for $800 first hand, Good buy?

Finally got a phone that can take pictures. Below my live rig set up in my practice room:

practiceroom.jpg

Its a Motif ES7 over a Kurzweil PC1x on the left, and a Nord Lead 3 over a Nord Electro 73 on the right. If you look close you will see a Line 6 DL4 (connected to the NL3) and a POD XT Live... connected to a '61 Custom RI Telecaster out of frame.

The laptop is there only when I need to back stuff up, or in the case of last night read a score off the computer screen.

Back