Official : Show your keyboards & racks thread

bongman said:
wow! Ian's setup pics are fantastic.

I'll post mine when I get to find a website to upload the pics.
here you are:
100-0004_IMG.jpg

Cheez, maybe you are not amazed ?!
the pro tools rack and some modules are below the mackie mixer.

Bongman, you've got yourself pretty well covered! Korg, Yamaha, Roland - you've got the combination of everything! Just one thing - what's that blue module below the XV-5080? Looks like something from Yamaha.

Will also be nice to see your other modules hiding down below...

Also, I'm quite sure many of the things are not obviously visible. Eg, I'm sure your XV-5080 is filled with expansion cards.

Cheez said:
Bongman, you've got yourself pretty well covered! Korg, Yamaha, Roland - you've got the combination of everything! Just one thing - what's that blue module below the XV-5080? Looks like something from Yamaha.

Will also be nice to see your other modules hiding down below...

Also, I'm quite sure many of the things are not obviously visible. Eg, I'm sure your XV-5080 is filled with expansion cards.
Hi, it's a XV-5050 not 5080!
It has only 2 exp. boards SRX07 Ultimate keys and SRX08 Plat. trax
becos it can only take 2 cards. Polyphony only 64 which is low.
The module that has eight exp. cards is a JV2080.

The light blue module is Yamaha Fs1r, FM syn module with 8-operators.
I bought this for the DX7 sound !!! Super e.piano, tines, rhodes sound.
This module oso comes with a format shaping synthesis where you can
make some vocal voice like sound.
http://www.planet-groove.com/yamaha/fs1r.html

See if I can take another pics and upload again.

IAN SOH started the ball rolling, I followed - So WHO's NEXT ???

Cheez, you ought to upload your setup pics !!!

i have this niggling feeling that there's tons more gear he didn't put in that picture. on top of what was mentioned but not pictured. :p

FS1r, that's cool! I always liked the FM sounds from Yamaha. So you also have a JV 2080. I really want to see what is hidden below the keyboards!!!!

For me, no pics lah. You know I'm a minimalist. In Singapore, my setup is only one old Roland A70 + mackie mixer. Everything else sold (including those sold to you...). Overseas where I'm working now, I have Yamaha S90, no mixer. I used to have some things to show - now all modules sold. The "control center" is my Acer 1710 17" notebook. Since the day I've switched to softsamplers and softsynths, I've never turned back to hardware. All I can show is my stack of sample CDs!

Bongman,

You do have a simple setup yet packed with punch! But is that just one corner of your room??? :D

Sighhh...your Trinity does bring back some memories for me.

I'm waiting for your pics from the rest of you guys... where ah?

Ian and myself have posted ours, pls contribute yours...

yes exactly. look at the guitar and bass threads. they've got all their gear out. even the drums thread has more pics than what we've got here!

For me,
other than my new S90ES,
nothing to show liao... :oops:

Unless you all interested to see my old piano, old organ, old PSR Keyboard, acoustic guitar, chinese flute & harmonica.
Ha... ha... :lol:

Currently I mostly touch S90ES.
For other instruments, all covered by dust liao...

But I still interested to see other people's setup!
:wink:

Glad to hear of another "synth vintager"! :p
As for the MS20, Rhodes and JP8, no I didn't get them new, bought them used from people around Singapore who didn't want them anymore (this was wa-aay back in the late 80's/ early 90's)
Good thing about buying these was the collective amount I spent to buy these 3 vintage gears came up to $1450!! :wink:

QF

headhunter said:
Hey Q, you're a man after my own heart. Im glad to see a fellow sentimental yestersynth lover. The MS20, Rhodes and especially Jupiter 8 sound very tasty. My hats off to you with not a touch of envy :wink:
Did you get them as they came out?

Perhaps it goes to show that we kybdists either have nothing to show or are not show-offs! :lol:

PS - no offence to anyone :wink:

pic2.jpg

This is the only photo I have of my gear with me playing the keys. At home, its packed up in my case cos I practise on my piano instead(helps to keep my finger strength), so I do not have any of it ATM. In addition to the triton I only have a M-Audio Radium.

Okie, done my bit. Will post more if I ever get the next piece of gear I want to get. The Roland JP-8000. :p

wow! great to see another posting with pics.

I came to know that the Roland JP8000 was 50% off
early this year at Swee Lee, you may want to check it out !

Wah 50% already uh. The last time I asked, it was 30% and they told me 1 piece left in Sg. Looks like no one wants that synth. Thanks for the info. BTW anyone here uses a midi keyboard to gig? What casing do you carry your midi keyboard in?

My minute set up about 6 months ago.. Now there's a M-audio FW410 connected up...

MicroKORG ontop of M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 ..
to the Right is Behringer Mixer .. to the left, M-audio TriggerFinger ..
Mic is a Behringer B2 ... thinking of upgrading to the Samson USB 1... but not sure how reliable USB connection is...

studio9.jpg

studio8.jpg

studio4.jpg

studio5.jpg

studio7.jpg

Latest posts

Back