Official : Show your keyboards & racks thread

Outatune, this is like a mini jam room man! ha..ha.. where's your speakers?

I was a rich guy, then I started buying synths :).

Behind me when I'm playing is a Hartke KM200 keyboard amp, which you can't see in the photo. In the practice room I use headphones, so the Hartke is just acting as a mixer and headphone amp.

Also not in the photo is my rack. Two MKS-80 Super Jupiters with a MPG-80, a Waldorf Microwave XT, Oberheim Matrix 1000, and a MOTU MTP AV. Not using that stuff too much these days, but they are fun to have around when the mood arises.

WOW. why don't u just get a pair of studio monitors man. that'll really bring out the sound of this rig.

isn't your laptop quite precariously located, on that speaker stand.

Here's my gear, hope after this, some of you will take time when i need help on sequencing. Coz not in to sequencing too much, using PCs, late bloomer. Only do from Korg X3 way back...I'm more to live performance, going around SEAsia for 9 years now.

Live Gig Set up.

KORG Triton Le
Boss SP505 Groove Sampler
Roland JV1010
Behringer Eurorack UB802
(I always request for Roland RD's for main keys, where i hooked my JV1010 and X5DR)
Shure Beta 58

For Home use
I have COMPAQ PresarioM2000 IntelPentium M
1.73Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD
(anyway, is this spec good enough for starter?) moving on...

KORG K series, 25 key controller (small coz, i travel a lot)
M-Audio Fast Track
RoMI/O USB/MIDI Interface
Behringer UB502
Audio Technica ATH-M20 Headphone

On Cubase SX are:

Steinberg Sampletank
Steinberg Halion 2 Sampler
EastWest Drum Kits From Hell
Antares Mic Modeler
Native instruments Pro53
Waves 4 Platinum
Native Instrument Guitar Rig
Arturia Moog Modular
East West Bohsendorfer
IK Multimedia Amplitube
Native Instruments B4
Reason 3 (still learning Reason till now :( )

Sampletank and Halion 2? Why do you need 2? I'm sure you won't be using them at the same time. If you have samples in both formats, you can always convert using Chicken Translator etc.

Nevertheless, nice setup and a nice collection of VSTis, although I doubt you are able to load too many of them in one instance particularly with Moog Modular and with a notebook with only 1GB of RAM.

Thanks,..
I actually didnt load the Halion anymore, since the first time i use Sampletank, i had fun with it and forgot about halion 2 anymore.
Yah, just removed moog modular way back since im having a hard time loading it in cubase, thingking of removing Bohsendorfer also.
Maybe when i get a powerful PC or notebook... then i can use.
and yes.. talking about chicken translator, im actually downloading the free version right now.
Got loads of inquiry to do from you guys, i'll open e new thread on the other, hope you can find time to help.. see you there HELP! :D

Outatune
wow! this must be an expensive setup
so who's next to showcase their home setup?
good to see more people putting up their pics...

Roland A-33

Hi everyone... hopefully it isn't late to join this forum..
I'm new to this website, recommended by my guitarist/keyboardist friend of mine (Malek from local band "Merah")
Hope to get to know lots of people here with the same interest as me.. hehehe

I have only:
Roland A-33 with the usb controller

http://nashncsi.multiply.com/photos/album/9

i don't know if you can call it a rig, but this is what i have at home and have been messing around with:

Keys:
Yamaha Motif ES 8 (with Acoustic Piano Plug-In Board)
Yamaha Electone EL-87
Old Detune Yamaha Piano
M-Audio Anixom 49

SoftSynths/ Samples & Loops Libraries:
Native Instruments: Absynth 3
Spectrasonics Atmosphere
Arturia Minimoog V
ArhythmiA Vol. 1 & 2
Lauki
AudioMulch
Ableton Live 6

Before my Anixom came, I used to lug around my ES 8 with a gator flight case. I save all my setup and sequences on a Flash-Rom.

aye, thanks man.

I was actually thinking of adding a Roland Vsynth but was wondering whether to get the sound module or the workstation itself. Im quited attracted to the time-warp control...

any views?

i tried the Vsythn in swee lee twice , hmm to me i don find anything interesting about it. sound wise its very more to the analogue side very dance music style . if you are talking about strings there are little orchestra strings patches however it depends what you like actually.

however i couldnt try the vocoder in the Vsythn i was actually wanting to try that out ha.

a friend's setup
2005-02-18-New-Studio-09.jpg

2005-02-19-Studio-09b.jpg

2005-02-19-Studio-11.jpg

2004-06-26-studio02.jpg

2003-04-29-Studio07.jpg

2002-07-27_studio-22.jpg

2002-07-27_studio-21.jpg

Speechless... That's one really colourful studio. Even the cables are in rainbow colour!

Wonder where he got the Oberheim.

Better stop - drooling too much here....

wow! what are the previous posting about?

Someone is a proud owner of KORG OASYS ?
and proud of a friend's setup !?

true, the 'rainbow studio' is very impressive...
well, I'm speechless...

Back