my music ..... anybody can put this under a genre?

piano_ex

hi there!

i'm newbie here .... am a keyboardist ..... actually a classical pianist going astray from my training and stranded in the land of sound and improvisation .... =P

anyway ..... in that page there's a music that i did .... actually it doesn't have any title, but it need a title .... so for now ... that's the title .... the only music there ..

http://music.download.com/jonathanong/3615-8363_32-100995203.html?tag=MDL_song_details#song100995210

comments and critics are welcome!!! .. thanks!!!! =)

piano_ex

just listened to your music. i think the main concentration of this piece is on your ability to melody/solo?

i dont hear any other instrument, ie bass, strings, guitars, pad ...

the melody is very 'spoken'. sounds like it is saying something.

when you break out and did that improv part, i feel you could use a more drastic change for the chord progression . coz your main melody is pretty repetative.

hope to hear the completed song sometime.

From a classically training point of view (and if you are really just venturing out), I must say it's pretty well done.

Just curious. The 4th interval thing - is it in the patch itself or did you play the 4th interval throughout? Careful with overuse of pitch bend, but like you, I like to pitch bend 4th intervals!

Hope to hear more from you.

thanks guys! for the advice and comments!! =)

really appreciate it ...

it's the patch ... =P

but i like to bend 4ths also!!! ... lolx ..... =)
.... e.g. in the end, i use extreme bending? hahaha

dunno why ... but actually this recording happened by chance ..

i was playing with my keys .... was bored ... late nite ... then i play around with the patch and appergio ... and messing with the knob as well ....

after 1st play and improvise .... i got this idea .. and go straight to record it .... so it's pretty much live ..... =P

thanks a lot!! ...

that was rather enjoyable! erm dude, u might wanna fix the english errors on ur webpage description. if it was intended then i apologise. i'd retype them here but my english is bad haha.

lolx!! ...

erm it's ..... so called .. not really seriouly written! ... hahaha =P
i was just really .. having nothing to put ...

so yeah .... if u could rewrite it for me ... lolx .. it'll be cool .. hahaha =)

btw .... THANKS!!!! =)

Back