MEGADETH Tour of Duty Singapore 26th October 2007

Haha but what was funny was there was one fella wearing a METALLICA shirt. LAWL.

Hey bald moshing guy you talkin about the giant ang moh ah? like.. near left side of the front? Together with the drunk guy?

james lomenzo looks pretty small actually....

i'm still stunned that they played wake up dead and ashes in your mouth. some of the most difficult songs. especially ashes. wished they played hook in mouth or devil's island. great gig. but gigs at fort canning is hell for an asthmatic like me. i guess you could say "the air is thick and the oxygen's thin". anyone know which song that lyric's from??

It was definitely one of the greatest things ever to happen in my whole life~!! Time really flies, all of the sudden the awesome magical experiences have to come to an end, even for the godlike Heaven and Hell~ ><;;;

I was standing on the right side of the stage with the crowd, where Glen was standing~! He even looked and pointed at me for a very short while~! Or rather, perhaps he was doing that to a few of us at one go~! I really love his guitar, the one with the United Abominations style~ \m/

Everyone was so awesome~!! Too bad I couldn't see Shawn clearly~ And I've to agree with everyone, James was so energetic and woohoo his beautiful silky hair~! It is no wonder that fans would go crazy and all~ I really love Dave's guitar too, the shape itself is very stylish, which suits him very nicely. Dave is actually shorter and smaller than I thought but still very handsome (yes, to me he is) and well-built~ & yes I love his unique voice a lot too~ When he came over to our side, it was just so unbelievable~! I'm really glad that I get to witness his beautiful charming smile from right where I was standing with the crowd, I'm sure the crowd would agree with me too~ \m/

SlaYer:

Welcome! Hope that you did have plenty of fun on these two wicked nights under the bright full moon like I did~!! :D

thanks... means ppl who got no money to watch still can listen right? lol....

I believe that was very possible, my friends and myself were talking about it being the budget category~ ^^

This is my 2nd time meeting Dave Mustaine in person as i flew to Melbourne back in 2005 wif my gf (now wife) to see MEGADETH & got the VIP Backstage Pass.

Wow~!! Awesome~!! Thanks a lot DaveMustaine, so what did Dave and the rest of the members say to you?? Just curious, so what did you all talked about? What happened backstage? ^^

Wow...how did you manage to be so lucky twice?? Anyway, awesome for you~ ^^

Haha but what was funny was there was one fella wearing a METALLICA shirt. LAWL.

Was it a "Master of Puppets" tee? ^^

Last edited:
MEET & GREET Session with Dave Mustaine, Glen Drover, Shawn Drover & James LoMenzo

It was a very short Meet & Greet session compared to my 1st Meet & Greet back in the Melbourne show in 2005. Myself, my wife & another MEET & GREET Pass winner, Alfian went in to meet MEGADETH!!!

I passed to all 4 of them, the pixs i took with them back in Melbourne 2005. And Dave replied bemused, "Hey, now i remember this. I remember you now" as he was flipping through the pixs i handed to him. Pixs taken of me & him.

Then i also told Glen & Shawn that these pixs took me 2 years to pass it to 'em. I didnt get to talk to James LoMenzo much, however my wife managed to talk to him for awhile.

Dave, however looked abit moody, probably becoz of the Californian Fire Disaster back home. And before i could take out all my MEGA-Stuff + those MEGADETH stuff that some of you entrusted to me to get autographed, we were told to leave. Sadly, i couldnt get any autographs.

Somehow, the situation became abit tense now & Dave seems to want to take a rest, so the 3 of us just leave the place. And i quickly pass the T-shirt which Azeem (another Megadeth fren of mine) ask me to help him give it to Dave), to the crew & ask him to pass to Dave.

So that's it. Although it's a short Meet & Greet, its all worth it to get to meet my HEROES again. Check out the pixs below!!!

Congrats on meeting your idol dude. Sadly for me man, I was really disappointed at Dave's attitude when we "spotted" them at their hotel after the show. Me and my bud were just hoping to grab sum fotos and autos but Dave didn't wanna have anything to do with us. He knew we were fans cos we were wearing Megadeth shirts, but he just turned and walked away even though we called out at him!! The tour manager even told us both to keep away and that we couldnt take photos, videos or ask for autographs!

I think its a totally different person whom we saw on stage earlier. I remember Dave saying during the set that when he was flying over S'pore and looked out the window, he felt he was coming home. What rubbish!! He doesn't appreciate his fans. I mean, look at how he treated the Meet n Greet winners. They probably have been waiting real long to meet him and what does he do?... He cuts it short! Sorry man, but that sucks for me.

I can see ppl saying, "Maybe they were tired after the show" or "Maybe they're concerned about stuff going on at home". Whatever it is, Dave could at least take some time to acknowledge the fans. It's sad when ppl think they're too big to acknowledge their fans. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the concert here and will still continue to listen to Megadeth after this. Just wasn't too keen on the way he treats his fans.

Oh yea, I got Dave's reaction at the hotel lobby on my video cam too, just to remind myself...........

Hey I can understand your disappointment, give him a break man, he might be troubled, with all the California fire going about.

I was at the meet & greet session & i was quite surprsied at Dave's reaction towards us. He was very moody & stood at a corner when we were in the room. No one dared to approach him because he looked fierce. *scary* He wasnt in a mood to talk to us much & went off to a corner to talk to the promoter's young kid who was playing some pc game in the room. Met him in person at the melbourne show some years back & although he wasnt overly friendly too, he sure wasnt as sulky as last week. We were there for like a minute or lesser & the promoter asked us to leave IMMEDIATELY. Glen, Shawn & James were nice though. Talked to them for awhile before we left. There were some reporters standing outside waiting for their turns but we heard from them that the group left for the hotel w/out a word. That is so sad because like us, they waited for like an hour just to catch a glimpse of Megadeth. I guess we were a wee bit luckier.

Well, Dave is also a human after all, I sincerely hope that he will be all right and all, judging from the news about Megadeth being in Korea, he seemed very happy and all. There was no mention about Singapore sadly, I really hope that this isn't a bad news or something for us~ Really hope that Megadeth didn't get a bad impression of Singapore~ ><;;;

Please post it for me to see :D

Or rather, for all of us to see... ^^

Last edited:
I totally understand how u feel dude...
Yes Dave n the rest were really tired. Their flight was just a few hours away after our show. They left for korea in the morning.

Heres my MEGA story i wanna share,
It has been a tiring weekend for me and it was all worth it!!! Took leave from work etc just to make this whole experience a reality.

I so wanted to greet them from the airport and i predicted that its gonna be an SQ flight and its gotta be 1st thing in the morning(from my experience, usually bands come early if they have an evening show. And its true!!)

And true enough they touched down around 8plus AM on the 26th Oct. The flight was a lil' delayed and there were very few passengers cos i only see the band at belt 34 collecting their guitars, rigs, drumset accessories etc. All by themselves without help. They were so like tourist!! Even after the conveyer belt that brings the bags in stopped, they were still there standing n waiting. Dave mustaine was pacing back n forth around the terminal(inside) for quite a while. Initially i thought, some of their equipments might be lost. The rest of the band was seating on the couch near the lost n found department, not sure waiting for wat??? Anyway i soon realised that Dave was actually on the phone(handsfree set) and talking away with hands gestures. I was the only fan there! It was empty except with production crew who was surprised on how i found out on the flight details etc. There were 2 other guys whom i believe are contest winners as they were very close with the production crews.

There i was with my Rust In Peace Guitar Tabs to get it signed!!! Not forgetting my Digi cam as well. Oh.... theres another fan...too who came much later.

AFter an hour, Megadeth came out. It was awesome!!! Dave was introduced to the LAMC team i guess. Not too very sure about the great production team who brought them here. I wish i knew them!!! I snapped pictures. I was an arm lengt away from mustaine (just in front of him in fact). I layed my hand out to shake his hand. But he walked away and still busy on the phone. (in my mind, he could at least said "hi. thanks for coming") But nope...was turned away. I was so disappointed...i've waited 15yrs for that day to come, when i meet Dave n shake his godly hands who created the best riffs and lyrics that still are so inspirational to me.

As they walked, i followed them to the coach area (carpark). While their gears were loaded (many of which they carried themselves - includes drum kits, guitars etc...), i saw James sitting down, looking tired. Didnt want to bother the guy. Dave suddenly was pacing around me and its kinda scary. I was snapping pictures of the whole incident. He was so close and im afraid that he might just hit me. (hehehe) He aint as huge as Hetfield though.
Many times i laid my hand out to say hi to him but he simply bo chap and i felt embarrassed. ahh...cos i didnt realise he was still talking on his handsfree kit. SO i totally understand his bochapness. He was under alot of stress. Totally understood! Just imagine if your wife/kid are having difficult time while u are so far away. I could tell that his wish list that day was to be back to his family ASAP whenever possible.

ahh hah. Glen Drover was also there waiting at the carpark for the goods to be loaded before they leave for the hotel. I managed to welcome him personally, shook his hand and we talked! He is a very friendly guy. I asked him about his experince so far during the pacific rim tour and he said " its been a great experience as they've never done something like this before". He really looked tired and he mentioned, the band has not slept since the Jakarta tour and the 1st thing they gonna do is to head down to the hotel and sleep before the gig. As such, we shook hands and greeted one another "see ya tonight". I took several pics and left the airport. I have several pics from the airport that are so valuable to me... Im willing to share though.... :)

Anyway dude, as u are aware, the Singapore gig was an incidental (last min preparation). Im sure it was supposed to be their off day before the Korean gig. But many thanks to the LAMC productions for bringing them over for the fans here and the reasonably priced tix. LAMC has been bringin in so many great metal bands and if its not for them, Megadeth wouldnt be possible. I would like to thank them for making one of my (and im sure many of u out there) wishlist come true....

As for your trip to your hotel, dude...im sorry to hear bout the incident. sometimes miscommunication contributes alot of unneccessary sadness. I guess Dave was on the phone too while u were at their Hotel.

Anyway, whatever turbulence Dave is having in his life right now. He still gave a 100% while he was having his concert here. And so did the rest of the guys... (Glen, Shawn n James)

P/S: It was a great gig!!! But those guys behind me were constantly pushing, causing a stampede, affecting my concentration to the guys on stage and my headbanging... hahaha.
If u dont want to watch them live, might as well listen to their CD back home and mosh in your room. I want to see Mustaine n the rest perform lah!! Once in a lifetime leh. Headbang in your own space lah idiot!
Stupid Ang moh kids...
AFter i farted and a few elbow blows then i managed to have my own space....
:)

SUNIOJ,
Slayer

Congrats on meeting your idol dude. ..

Last edited:
Back